Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11 | 05:06 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

That video makes me wanna run out and buy a 5 series BMW. Lol
Old 11-20-11 | 05:45 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

ok so since I couldnt get responses for the questions I had asked, I went ahead and photoshopped these real quick. Also included pics of my current set up, first shot is obviously before the drop. And before anyone starts saying drop it more, no thanks. This is my daily and only car. I like being able to get up drive ways and speed bumps.

more shots of my car can be seen here.
http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal

Thanks for viewing and if anyone has a nice set of rims that you would recommend please post a pic or link for me to view thanks
Old 11-20-11 | 08:06 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

From my search in Google, they all come in either 5X112 or 5X120 P.C.D only (Merc and Bimmer bolt pattern). If you insist on getting this wheel, you might have to re-drill.
Old 11-20-11 | 08:28 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCWB
From my search in Google, they all come in either 5X112 or 5X120 P.C.D only (Merc and Bimmer bolt pattern). If you insist on getting this wheel, you might have to re-drill.
negative. a vendor here even has them available. same as on ebay and ozzytires
I've contacted each place
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ve-wheels.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-HONDA-LEX...ht_10091wt_976

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/wheels/s...-machine-face/
Old 11-20-11 | 08:35 PM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD

If this is your ride height.. I would suggest getting some coils before new wheels.
I like the concave of the wheels.
Old 11-20-11 | 08:43 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ernestfyu
If this is your ride height.. I would suggest getting some coils before new wheels.
I like the concave of the wheels.
Read above as stated this pic was before the drop.....
Old 11-20-11 | 09:31 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

fyi, there is a forum to photoshop your choice of wheels to your 2is.

based on your responses in this thread, you've already made up your mind on getting these wheels. no need to get defensive just because others' opinions differs from your own.
Old 11-20-11 | 09:39 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
fyi, there is a forum to photoshop your choice of wheels to your 2is.

based on your responses in this thread, you've already made up your mind on getting these wheels. no need to get defensive just because others' opinions differs from your own.
how was I defensive? bc I stated a fact that everyone has their own taste of whats good and whats not? or because I pointed out that someone didn't read the text and just looked at pictures like how children do when they look at books. Not defensive at all just simply stating a fact that everyone has their own taste in what they want and what they want to spend their own money on. if everyone thought the same would we all be driving sgm is's with the gfx kit ? This wasn't a thread for "what do you think of these wheels?" so I just find it funny when someone just comments "not my taste" which doesn't even answer the question that was asked. If you don't like or cant contribute to the post to help a member why comment? I see this all the time.

And everyone should read properly before putting in their two cents. I know how everyone is all obsessed about throwing in "lowering a car" as soon as they see a thread about rims in the first place which is why I mentioned that pic was before the drop. But yes I have made up my mind about which rims to get which a majority of the guys here agree

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 11-20-11 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-20-11 | 10:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

^ i was reading through your responses, and was telling it as i saw it. no need to get... oh, wait.

if you see "this" (read: "don't like or cant contribute to the post to help a member why comment") in other "what do you think about these wheels?" threads all the time, and you still put up a thread asking for opinions, you didn't think you might get something else, right? i mean, there's something to be said about expecting different results from the same process...

anyways, congratulations on your choice of wheel; just steer clear of the matte black and pink time attack stripe finish/color theme on these next set of wheels.

/exitthread
Old 11-20-11 | 10:50 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ i was reading through your responses, and was telling it as i saw it. no need to get... oh, wait.

if you see "this" (read: "don't like or cant contribute to the post to help a member why comment") in other "what do you think about these wheels?" threads all the time, and you still put up a thread asking for opinions, you didn't think you might get something else, right? i mean, there's something to be said about expecting different results from the same process...

anyways, congratulations on your choice of wheel; just steer clear of the matte black and pink time attack stripe finish/color theme on these next set of wheels.

/exitthread
once again failure to read. theres something to be said about different results?

original post wasnt how do these wheels look? that was never the question I already had my mind set on these particular wheels and was wondering if any members had them. period..regardless of anyones opinion when it comes down to it, its my car, my money, my wheels. once again I was not asking for anyones opinion of those wheels in particular. Just whether anyone had them, or if anyone had any concave, or deep dish wheels they could post for me to see.

original post below.
"I'm interested in getting a set of these.
So I was wondering:

1.if anyone had these rims on your 2IS?
2.If you do can you post a pic?
3.If someone could photoshop these on a Starfire pearl IS?
4. How would red lug nuts look with these? regular or extended?"

"Next...I'm also interested in these Jlines.
Does anyone have them as well?"

"Lastly, does anyone have or recommend some really deep dish rims? or even deep dish thats concaved? Please share your pics. "

and I like my time attack style wheels thanks for trolling

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 11-20-11 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-20-11 | 11:22 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

how was I defensive? bc I stated a fact that everyone has their own taste of whats good and whats not? or because I pointed out that someone didn't read the text and just looked at pictures like how children do when they look at books. Not defensive at all just simply stating a fact that everyone has their own taste in what they want and what they want to spend their own money on. if everyone thought the same would we all be driving sgm is's with the gfx kit ? This wasn't a thread for "what do you think of these wheels?" so I just find it funny when someone just comments "not my taste" which doesn't even answer the question that was asked. If you don't like or cant contribute to the post to help a member why comment? I see this all the time.

And everyone should read properly before putting in their two cents. I know how everyone is all obsessed about throwing in "lowering a car" as soon as they see a thread about rims in the first place which is why I mentioned that pic was before the drop. But yes I have made up my mind about which rims to get which a majority of the guys here agree
Lol.....I like how u think man..
Old 11-20-11 | 11:32 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gladius
Lol.....I like how u think man..
I'm not trying to be a **** just keeping it real. I see cars on here all the time I dont like whether it be the color or the wheels kit whatever. but I'm not gonna troll on their thread. In my honest opinion Tungsten pearl, Matador red, is the ugliest IS color I've seen, Smokey granite gfx kit is very over played, but I'm not gonna post on their thread and be like ughh not my taste thats just ignorant. And before I comment on any threads I at least make sure I read it and know what I'm talking about before I mislead anybody or just sound like an idiot. oh well once again not being a douche, I just simply think the matter is stupid, childish and ignorant.. but thats just my opinion/taste whatever. not the other guy
Old 11-20-11 | 11:35 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

I'm not trying to be a **** just keeping it real. I see cars on here all the time I dont like whether it be the color or the wheels kit whatever. but I'm not gonna troll on their thread. In my honest opinion Tungsten pearl, Matador red, is the ugliest IS color I've seen, Smokey granite gfx kit is very over played, but I'm not gonna post on their thread and be like ughh not my taste thats just ignorant. And before I comment on any threads I at least make sure I read it and know what I'm talking about before I mislead anybody or just sound like an idiot. oh well once again not being a douche, I just simply think the matter is stupid, childish and ignorant.. but thats just my opinion/taste whatever. not the other guy
I hear ya....
Old 11-20-11 | 11:39 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Though I do think Ultra Sonic Blue is the best color. Wish I coulda gotten one of those but there was none in or near my area. Star fire pearl was the only other color I woulda bought. If I really had to settle I woulda gone with black
Old 11-21-11 | 07:22 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Nice choice n rims man. I don't think I've seen concave with lip before... that would be interesting to see.

Quick Reply: Rims & Pic request for 2IS