IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stock door sill?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 01:07 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock door sill?

When I opened my door the LEXUS lettering lights up BLUE on the door sills. Everything on my car seems stock so it would be weird if they installed anything custom. I noticed blue door sills for sale so i was wondering if any ISx50 came stock like this??? Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 11-25-11, 01:26 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

They came from the factory on 06-07 cars equipped with the X- or Luxury Package. 08+ X- or Luxury Package cars have white illuminated door sills.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 11-25-11 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-25-11, 07:31 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
They came from the factory on 06-08 cars equipped with the Luxury Package. 09+ Luxury Package cars have white illuminated door sills.

Jeff
They also came from the factory on 07-08 cars equipped with the X Package. I'm also fairly sure the white illuminated door sills started with MY 08 cars.
Old 11-25-11, 08:01 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
They also came from the factory on 07-08 cars equipped with the X Package. I'm also fairly sure the white illuminated door sills started with MY 08 cars.
Jeff is in Canada so maybe it's different... but yeah in the US you're correct.... blue for Lux 06-07 and X for 07... white from 08 forward (on models with the Lux or X packages)... there was also a brief period at the start of 2008 model year sales that it listed the white plates for the Sport Package.... I don't know that any cars were actually built that way, but by calling Lexus corp and pointing out my sport pack car didn't have em and their website said it should they gave me a free set.... (and soon after changed the website)
Old 11-25-11, 08:07 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
...by calling Lexus corp and pointing out my sport pack car didn't have em and their website said it should they gave me a free set.... (and soon after changed the website)
Well played.
Old 11-25-11, 09:09 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Sorry, I forgot they changed for 08, not 09, and yeah, X-Package.

Jeff
Old 11-25-11, 03:03 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

I have navi /no ML with back up camera heated and ventd seats, that is luxury pkg correct? What is the x pkg? U cant have lux pkg with x correct? Im confused sorry. haha
Old 11-25-11, 03:29 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JYOO
I have navi /no ML with back up camera heated and ventd seats, that is luxury pkg correct? What is the x pkg? U cant have lux pkg with x correct? Im confused sorry. haha
You can only have one package.

i) Option Packages:

Premium Package: Heated/ventilated seats and woodgrain only.
HOW TO TELL IF CAR HAS IT: If it has ventilated seats and does NOT have memory seats.

Luxury Package: Same as premium PLUS memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HIDs, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto dim/tilt side mirrors, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade. Usually also comes with 18" wheels but it's possible to get it with 17". Can't be combined with any other package on this list.
HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats AND woodgrain.

Sport Package: Same as Luxury Package except you do NOT get woodgrain, power rear sunshade, or illuminated scuff plates, but you DO add the sport suspension, sport pedals, and aluminum scuff plates. Always includes the 18" wheels. Can't be combined with any other option package on this list. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models.
HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats and does NOT have woodgrain.

NOTE: Memory seats are only driver, not passenger, for 2011 and newer models.

F-Sport Package (2011+ Models Only): 18" wheels, sport suspension, heated (NOT ventilated) front seats, microfiber seat inserts, aluminum door-sill plates, sport pedals, front and rear spoiler, grille inserts, F-Sport steering wheel, shift ****, seats, and badge.
HOW TO TELL: Visually obvious with the F-Sport labeled seats/wheel, etc.

X-Package ('07-'10 Models Only): Illuminated scuff plates, sport suspension, sport pedals, front lip spoiler, and special 5-spoke 18" wheels; nothing else from the other packages. This package can not be combined with the Sport or Luxury Packages but can combine with Premium Package.
HOW TO TELL: 5-spoke wheels are the easiest way.

ii) Standalone Options:

These options are unrelated to and independent of what packages the car may otherwise have unless it's part of a package the car already includes.

HIDs: '06 models could only get this as part of the Sport or Luxury Package. For '07+, it's an available standalone option.
HOW TO TELL: Check the multi-switch to the lower left of the steering wheel that looks like <0>; if you have an AFS ON/OFF option you have HIDs.

18" Wheels: Visually obvious

Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler: Visually obvious

Navigation: This includes bluetooth and backup camera.
HOW TO TELL: Navigation screen is visually obvious.

Mark Levinson: This is an upgraded sound system. It can be ordered with or without Navigation, but you only get a DVD-changer if it's with Navigation; comes with CD-changer otherwise)
HOW TO TELL: Mark Levinson logo on the head unit.

Park Assist: Distance sensors on the front and rear of the car.
HOW TO TELL: Little circle dots on front/rear bumpers.

Headlamp Washers: Visually obvious small bulges below headlights.

Pre-Collision System (PCS): Radar cruise control, one of the rarest 2IS options. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models.
HOW TO TELL: Special blackish L logo on front grill.

XM Radio: Satellite radio. Standard on '09+ models.
HOW TO TELL: Hit the AM/SAT button a couple times; if you never get anything but AM it doesn't have it. This is very easy to add later.
Old 11-26-11, 02:50 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

^^ bawse ^^
Old 12-01-11, 10:17 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Hate to bump an old-ish thread...but I just picked up my car a couple days ago and it is a 2006 with luxury package so it has the blue illuminated door sills. Is it possible to switch out the lights to make them white, or is it not possible/worth it and I would have to buy the entire white set from Sewell?

I'm not a fan of the blue, and I'm about to change out all the interior lights with white LED's, so it seems like white scuff plates would match better anyway.
Old 12-01-11, 10:24 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by btmar
Hate to bump an old-ish thread...but I just picked up my car a couple days ago and it is a 2006 with luxury package so it has the blue illuminated door sills. Is it possible to switch out the lights to make them white, or is it not possible/worth it and I would have to buy the entire white set from Sewell?

I'm not a fan of the blue, and I'm about to change out all the interior lights with white LED's, so it seems like white scuff plates would match better anyway.
Check out this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...oor-sills.html
Old 12-01-11, 10:29 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Well damn...guess I'll have to try to find someone wanting to trade