IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX-Mode Grille or IS-F Style Grille?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-11, 07:30 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, how is your emblem holder staying in the grille? Im talking about just the "L" piece. I was just looking at mine and when i put it in grille, its so loosely held. No snapping into place or anything. Anyone can just take it off, or it might just fall off on its own. Is there something you guys are doing? 3M tape being added anywhere?
Old 12-24-11, 11:40 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Glued mine back on
Old 12-25-11, 02:28 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Just got mine in the mail today, Im also gonna leave the grille surround chrome. Im just deciding what color to paint this grille. Im worried that a gunmetal wont look good against the black and chrome cause it might be too busy looking
That could be an issue, painting it definitely makes it stand out more, but on a black and chrome look it might clash. You can always strip it off if you don't like it though so keep that in mind. Post some pics when your done!!
Old 12-25-11, 08:50 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Glued mine back on
Ahh i see. I was starting to worry i got a defective grille/emblem holder, thanks! What kind of glue did you use, im thinking about just putting a little crazy glue.

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
That could be an issue, painting it definitely makes it stand out more, but on a black and chrome look it might clash. You can always strip it off if you don't like it though so keep that in mind. Post some pics when your done!!
Yea, ive decided im gonna do it gunmetal anyways Only thing im not sure about is if i should paint the emblem holder. Someone else who painted theirs didnt paint that part. Not sure if its cause the 3M tape wont adhere to the painted surface well?
Old 12-25-11, 09:01 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

i used gorilla glue lol
Old 12-25-11, 09:02 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

forgot to mention I didnt buy a new emblem I reused my factory emblem. thats why I glued it. if you bought a new emblem then it shoulda had some type of adhesive on it for sure
Old 12-25-11, 09:05 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my F style that i customized to fit an oversize GS emblem:

Old 12-25-11, 09:08 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
forgot to mention I didnt buy a new emblem I reused my factory emblem. thats why I glued it. if you bought a new emblem then it shoulda had some type of adhesive on it for sure
Hmm i think you misunderstood me. Im not talking about the Chrome "L" Symbol, that i will be putting on with 3M tape. Im talking about the "L" shaped piece of plastic that comes with the grille. The part we actually put the emblem on, im referring to this piece as the emblem holder. When i insert the emblem holder into the grille, it sits nicely but its not secured onto the grille very well. I would imagine that it should snap into place, but mine does not. So i was thinking about gluing the emblem holder to the grille. I wanted to know if everyone was experiencing this or not before i do something. What im trying to say is if i go up to your car and lightly pull on the emblem holder, will it disattach from the grille?
Old 12-25-11, 09:18 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Hmm i think you misunderstood me. Im not talking about the Chrome "L" Symbol, that i will be putting on with 3M tape. Im talking about the "L" shaped piece of plastic that comes with the grille. The part we actually put the emblem on, im referring to this piece as the emblem holder. When i insert the emblem holder into the grille, it sits nicely but its not secured onto the grille very well. I would imagine that it should snap into place, but mine does not. So i was thinking about gluing the emblem holder to the grille. I wanted to know if everyone was experiencing this or not before i do something. What im trying to say is if i go up to your car and lightly pull on the emblem holder, will it disattach from the grille?
oh wow ok i didnt have that problem at all. maybe u should contact the buyer if it bugs you and get another grill sent to you
Old 06-04-13, 10:59 PM
Scless
Rookie

Does anyone make the LX mode grille for 2011+ yet???