IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS250 Priced Right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-11, 01:15 PM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 IS250 Priced Right?

I'm in the market for a 2006-2008 RWD IS250 and I've had my eye on this one for awhile in Bloomington, MN. The dealer has gradually dropped the price and it is currently sitting at $21,599 (this is a no-haggle price) with 39K miles. Aside from the GFX kit, it seems to be pretty basic (no heated/cooled seats, no nav, no upgraded wheels, no wood trim, etc.). From the pictures it looks to be in really great condition and it has been dealer maintained (I checked the VIN on the Lexus website). The selling dealership also has received great reviews online from past customers.

Looking at several other comparable 08 IS250's, this price seems really reasonable to me. Most dealerships seem to have similar models priced around $24,000-$25,000. Granted, they are negotiable on their price, I don't see them coming down to $21,599 ($2,500-$3,500 off their asking price).

Assuming it looked and drove okay in person, what do you guys think?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 12-05-11, 01:46 PM
raw10one
Driver School Candidate

Buying from a private seller will generally get you the better price if that's what you're looking for, but the obvious down side to that is that you have no concrete idea on how well the car was maintained unless they have paperwork to prove it . Since lexus owners seem to be more mature about ownership i don't think you'll have a problem finding one you like from a private seller. I bought mine from an owner on this forum which boosted my confidence on buying it. It's not like you're buying a used pinto so have a little faith if you ruled out buying from a private seller.

The price that the dealer gave you seems to be a pretty legit price to me, if you're really unhappy about it, I'd ask for extras (cargo net, all season floormats, etc.) to make your purchase seem more in your favor. Good luck on getting your IS!
Old 12-05-11, 04:44 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check it for all these issues: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html

Get a pre-purchase inspection from a different Lexus dealer (unless it's in full factory warranty still).
Old 12-05-11, 04:51 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a sweet price. Color combo makes difference also. Low miles, lexus maintained, your in good shape if you go for it.
Old 12-07-11, 08:40 AM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies guys. They dropped the price even more! It's now $20,998. It's been for sale for several months, which makes me think there might be something wrong with it. But then again, it's December and it's a RWD car located in Minnesota, so that could be another reason why it's not selling.
Old 12-07-11, 08:44 AM
tjschraf
Driver

Even though it is "no haggle" try to take them down more, they are definitely motivated to move that car. It is a hard sell being RWD in Minnesota and still a 250. Plus no NAV
Old 12-07-11, 08:54 AM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tjschraf
Even though it is "no haggle" try to take them down more, they are definitely motivated to move that car. It is a hard sell being RWD in Minnesota and still a 250. Plus no NAV
Yeah I think a lot of potential IS250 shoppers are probably looking for some luxury features like heated seats (especially in Minnesota), Nav, bluetooth, etc. I don't really want any of those features as long as it's clean and well-kept...which it appears to be.
Old 12-07-11, 10:06 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats an awesome price dude. just to give you an idea-i bought my 06 33k miles for 23,000...

maybe offer them 5% less, you should be good to go
Old 12-07-11, 10:09 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Without nav heated seats all the luxury options I suppose that is a fair deal but first off why would you want to buy a lexus without all that? and second why would you buy rear wheel drive in MN? I lived in Minneapolis for 2 years and man the winters were hellacious. I bought my IS250 back in Sept. Seems like prices have dropped since I bought mine but at the time my deal seemed fair. Its a 2007 CPO AWD fully loaded luxury package Navi and all minus the ML even came with all weather mats, and 18" G Spyders at 45k miles. Dealer listed it for 27900 and I got them down to 25500. I would keep shopping around if I were you but if you are on a budget and don't care for navi heated seats and such then like I said its a fair deal, especially for the low mileage and year
Old 12-07-11, 10:31 AM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Without nav heated seats all the luxury options I suppose that is a fair deal but first off why would you want to buy a lexus without all that? and second why would you buy rear wheel drive in MN? I lived in Minneapolis for 2 years and man the winters were hellacious. I bought my IS250 back in Sept. Seems like prices have dropped since I bought mine but at the time my deal seemed fair. Its a 2007 CPO AWD fully loaded luxury package Navi and all minus the ML even came with all weather mats, and 18" G Spyders at 45k miles. Dealer listed it for 27900 and I got them down to 25500. I would keep shopping around if I were you but if you are on a budget and don't care for navi heated seats and such then like I said its a fair deal, especially for the low mileage and year
I have a Garmin Nuvi if I ever rally need nav. The only luxury option that I wouldn't mind having would be the heated seats, but it's not a necessity. Also, I don't live in MN. I live in Kansas City. Our winters are not as harsh and our other vehicle is a 4WD Toyota RAV4. This Lexus would never be driven in the snow so I don't really have much of a need for AWD.

If I were to purchase this car we would be driving up there and making a mini "vacation" out of it (the Mall of America and Ikea are right down the street ). The pre-owned car market in Kansas City absolutely sucks. There is no selection and the prices are obscene. We actually just bought the RAV4 in Sioux Falls, SD because it was the closest one we could get a decent price on that had everything we wanted.
Old 12-07-11, 10:54 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJayPG
I have a Garmin Nuvi if I ever rally need nav. The only luxury option that I wouldn't mind having would be the heated seats, but it's not a necessity. Also, I don't live in MN. I live in Kansas City. Our winters are not as harsh and our other vehicle is a 4WD Toyota RAV4. This Lexus would never be driven in the snow so I don't really have much of a need for AWD.

If I were to purchase this car we would be driving up there and making a mini "vacation" out of it (the Mall of America and Ikea are right down the street ). The pre-owned car market in Kansas City absolutely sucks. There is no selection and the prices are obscene. We actually just bought the RAV4 in Sioux Falls, SD because it was the closest one we could get a decent price on that had everything we wanted.
Ahh gotcha. Good luck with ur hunt. BTW its actually heated and cool seats. I love my cool seats feature. Definitely worth getting a IS equipped w one
Old 12-22-11, 09:13 AM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

And yet another price drop. It's down to $20,599 now. I just wish I lived closer so I could drive it, look it over, etc. Anyone near Bloomington, MN want to check this car out for me? I'm off work all next week, so I'm seriously considering making a move on this thing now. I didn't think it would still be for sale at this point.
Old 12-22-11, 09:40 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Go for it Lexus nav suck anyways. Least garmin come with live traffic and free updates. Were Lexus you have too pay $200 every update is whack. Probably get it for 18500-19000. Remember sale a sale the wanna get there money.
Old 12-22-11, 09:44 AM
JayJayPG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by laobo979
Go for it Lexus nav suck anyways. Least garmin come with live traffic and free updates. Were Lexus you have too pay $200 every update is whack. Probably get it for 18500-19000. Remember sale a sale the wanna get there money.
Yeah, don't care about nav (even if it were great). Would like heated/cooled seats, but could live without them. Their price is "no-haggle" so it's doubtful they would take any less than $20,599...especially since they have dropped the price so much on this thing already.
Old 12-22-11, 09:50 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Money talk bro there not gonna turn away cash. Saleman want to get paid. It's not special order item so there always room.

Quick Reply: 2008 IS250 Priced Right?