IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pre-recall ISx50 sport gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-11, 10:26 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-recall ISx50 sport gas pedal

Know where I can get one?? I like the bigger pedals. Thanks.
Old 12-17-11, 09:09 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, I like the pre-recall gas pedals better. The post-recall gas pedals look funny IMO with it's 45 degree edges.

Finding them will be pretty hard due to them being discontinued and the dealer wanting to swap them out everytime they see a pre-recall pedal. I told them to better not touch my pedal lol.
Old 12-17-11, 10:44 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you guys looking at your pedals while you are driving? if you have all weather mats get the pedals changed. if your loved ones dies in some horrific accident because your gas pedal got stuck in the mat you'll reget it.
Old 12-17-11, 10:46 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by badpinoy
are you guys looking at your pedals while you are driving? if you have all weather mats get the pedals changed. if your loved ones dies in some horrific accident because your gas pedal got stuck in the mat you'll reget it.
It's a myth....trying to fix something that is not broken
Old 12-17-11, 10:48 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neomedic
really its a myth? the chances maybe slim. but do you look at your pedals while you driving?
Old 12-17-11, 11:57 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Have you actually compared the two side by side. The pedals are the same length. Only on the post-recall, the bottom corners are tapered 45 degrees. Push the pedal all the way down. It does not even come down near the carpet or mat.

You're rational about not looking at your pedals doesn't make sense. If you have a roof spoiler, do you look at that while driving? Most cosmetic mods you don't even see while driving, but you modded it because you believed it looked nice. IMO the new pedals are ugly. I already have the ECU flashed to the post-recall firmware, I just told them to not touch my pedal. The new firmware I highly recommend. If by some freak nature my pedal got stuck, I can still brake and the gas gets cut off.
Old 12-18-11, 08:49 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

If you decline the pedal TSB, then sell your car and the subsequent owner has the stuck pedal, you can be held liable.
Old 12-18-11, 09:13 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Thanks..but will not be selling the car. The next place this car will be going is to the junk yard....I usually drive the car till it dies. Get the most bang for the buck.
Old 12-18-11, 09:18 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

+1. My pedal is going nowhere

Lou
Old 12-18-11, 09:19 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
If you decline the pedal TSB, then sell your car and the subsequent owner has the stuck pedal, you can be held liable.
Not really, no.

For one, there's no legal obligation for you to do a recall on the car...that's why they don't arrest you when you decline the service.

For another, even the Lexus recall notice explicitly states there is no actual problem with cars that use the correct floor mats, correctly secured.

The one and only deadly accident involving stuck floor mats in a Lexus (not an IS either) was when an unsecured, SUV, floormat was thrown into a sedan.

And even then the accident only killed anyone because the driver missed all 3 chances he had to safely stop the car.

(turning it off, using the brakes properly, since brakes>engine, and using that obscure little feature called "neutral")
Old 12-18-11, 09:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=Kurtz;6890105]Not really, no.

For one, there's no legal obligation for you to do a recall on the car...that's why they don't arrest you when you decline the service.

For another, even the Lexus recall notice explicitly states there is no actual problem with cars that use the correct floor mats, correctly secured.

The one and only deadly accident involving stuck floor mats in a Lexus (not an IS either) was when an unsecured, SUV, floormat was thrown into a sedan.

And even then the accident only killed anyone because the driver missed all 3 chances he had to safely stop the car.

(turning it off, using the brakes properly, since brakes>engine, and using that obscure little feature called "neutral")[
/QUOTE]

and the driver was a cop who panicked and didn't use the three options.
Although not many know you must hold in the start button for 3 seconds for the engine to turn off.
I didn't know that.
Old 12-18-11, 09:52 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Not really, no.

(turning it off, using the brakes properly, since brakes>engine, and using that obscure little feature called "neutral")
You couldn't be more wrong.
Old 12-18-11, 10:37 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Ok...let's get back on topic. I bought a used IS350 with replaced pedals. I want the old ones. Where can I get one?
Old 12-18-11, 10:42 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok...let's get back on topic. I bought a used IS350 with replaced pedals. I want the old ones. Where can I get one?
Try calling Junkyards/auto salvage..

ebay has about 10 but the whole assembly.Here's one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Lexus-2...8#ht_500wt_969

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-18-11 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-18-11, 10:57 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

^^^ Thanks...but looking for the sports pedal (metal) ones

Quick Reply: Pre-recall ISx50 sport gas pedal