IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 10:09 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I try to park next to clean looking cars if I can find one. Otherwise, I'll park close to where ever I want to go. I just accept my car will be dented :/
This isn't a thread for acceptance....it's a thread for bi?!*ing! Lol...
Old 12-22-11, 10:22 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's so hard when you have strong emotional attachment with your car! I parked at a busy shopping mall after a photo shoot this past weekend to eat at PF Chang's with my buddies. No parking that was open so I parked SO close to a pillar that nobody could get in between it and my car and still left a huge amount of room on the drivers side so nobody would ding my ride. Sorry to see your damage bro!
Old 12-22-11, 10:39 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try to find parking spots next to the medians, that way I know at least one side of my car will be okay. One time I found my driver's side mirror folded in and scuffed up...pissed
Old 12-22-11, 11:14 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I once parked in a completely EMPTY side of a parking lot lane, went into mcdonalds for 5min, come out and some young kid in a 4runner backed into my bumper TWO WEEKS BEFORE A CAR SHOW!!!
Old 12-22-11, 01:04 PM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear your car got scuffed. Every time I park I have that sinking feeling that some a-hole that does not give a crap is going to dent or scratch my ride. For good reason, I have already had 3 dings removed.
Old 12-22-11, 01:10 PM
sung3d
Rookie

Hey have any of you guys tempted to double park for space?
I never done it but sometimes I think about doing so.
Usually I park way out there or park next to wall/median/corner to lower the risk.
Old 12-22-11, 01:53 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by sung3d
Hey have any of you guys tempted to double park for space?
I never done it but sometimes I think about doing so.
Usually I park way out there or park next to wall/median/corner to lower the risk.
I also try and park the closest I can to curbs or medians to make sure at least one side of the car is clear and the other side has plenty of room to not hit my car.

However, I hate those people who double park. Unless you're driving a lambo or similar, don't double park. You're asking for someone to hit/key your car just in spite of you double parking. Besides, in all honesty, your driving a lexus - a common luxury car - not a super car.
Old 12-22-11, 02:32 PM
sung3d
Rookie

Wink

Originally Posted by reset2k
I also try and park the closest I can to curbs or medians to make sure at least one side of the car is clear and the other side has plenty of room to not hit my car.

However, I hate those people who double park. Unless you're driving a lambo or similar, don't double park. You're asking for someone to hit/key your car just in spite of you double parking. Besides, in all honesty, your driving a lexus - a common luxury car - not a super car.
I know I don't double park ever. It's just tempting to do so especially when the lot is pretty empty.
Old 12-22-11, 02:43 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladius
Yeah....and consider yourself possibly getting arrested for "brandishing a weapon" when your life isn't "in jeapordy"....smh
Just to clarify, Im not actually gonna get out of my car and shoot the poor retard who dings my car. Although I still carry a pistol with me. Im in florida, so my car is considered an extention of my home..

Originally Posted by dvo
Usually I don't even bother taking my car to Wal-Mart, if anything I'll carpool
Sorry to hear this though. Where are you in Florida?
I live in Brandon (where retards ding cars) and work in Tampa. You?

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I am really wondering if this was some sort of a hate crime or completely done on purpose.

What are the odds of you parking WAY in the back, far enough to not be close to any other cars, only to come back and see your car dented, and nobody parked beside you.

As far as I can see, this was no accident, or act of carelessness. Who ever did that, did it on purpose.

I can see these tools... "OOH look at the brand new shiny Lexus. They must really like to protect their car by parking all the way back. Lets go ding it on purpose".

If I was you, I'd go ask for video footage if it is available so you can see what happened. Sorry to see this and good luck.
You know what man, I wouldnt doubt it at all! The Walmart that USE to go to would always have kids walking through the parking lot cause its one of the more populated parts of town. After examing it a little more this afternoon when I woke up for work, I noticed that it could have been a cart that hit it (although thats a **** ton of damage for a cart)

On another note..(havent really done a search) Whats the best way to get out DEEP scratches/chips? The paint is literally chipped to the bottom layer of paint..its about the size of a dime.
Old 12-22-11, 03:08 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by sung3d
I know I don't double park ever. It's just tempting to do so especially when the lot is pretty empty.
I wasn't saying you were double parking (sorry if it seemed that way). I do agree that it's very tempting to double park sometimes
Old 12-22-11, 03:33 PM
LexUser85
Driver

^^I try not to double park but sometimes I just cant help myself. If im stuck between parking beside a beater or 12 and double parking between the two of them, I'll do it! lol I usually just look for a nice curb to park beside though.
Old 12-22-11, 05:58 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Try having a coworker (at a <30 people company) hit and run you and never tell you... ****** happens everywhere, we are never safe. My advice is be quick inside the stores haha
Old 12-22-11, 06:19 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

All I do is try to put as much space between me and the beater car next to me. Have yet to get a ding. I have to wonder how much of these problems are intentionally caused by *******s trying to prove a point? Kind of like the left-lane campers that think it's their job to control the speed limit.
Old 12-22-11, 07:41 PM
LexUser85
Driver

^^^ I got a buddy that went to walmart on his bike one day. He parked it right up front where you usually see the motorcycles parked. (you know, the area where NO cars can get close to..usually striped areas) Well when he got out...someone had knocked his bike over and left it there..Now my first question to him (because I also own a bike) was..Could it have been the wind that knocked it over..he then informed me that he had a shorten kickstand to prevent his bike from being knocked over unless it was pushed over..

I dont doubt that there are a holes out there that would do things like this..and its upsetting that they cant let others be proud of their belongings.
Old 12-22-11, 08:06 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain. I do the exact same thing. I usually try to park next to a curb or a 4 door car since their doors seem to be shorter. My wife hates it because I take too long looking for a good parking spot but she puts up with it.
In our youger days, my buddy parked his car in this 80% EMPTY PARKING LOT far away from what he thought was safe from any potential door dings. One a$* Ho*% decided that it would be funny to park his truck so close to my friend that he had to climb in from the passenger side of his car so he can get to the driver seat. He was so mad that he slashed all 4 tires of the truck.

Quick Reply: I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!