mwl7698
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i could say to the people in the Pilot was "Really????"
Old 12-27-11, 09:50 PM
is_baby
Lead Lap

It seems people just like to park beside nice looking cars do they even think of why we park far away in the first place?
Old 12-27-11, 09:53 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HaliBerri
It seems people just like to park beside nice looking cars do they even think of why we park far away in the first place?
Not gonna lie ... I try and find other nice cars to park next to cause I know they care about their ride and don't wanna get door dings themselves!
Old 12-27-11, 10:01 PM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Not gonna lie ... I try and find other nice cars to park next to cause I know they care about their ride and don't wanna get door dings themselves!
I understand why nice cars find other nice cars to park beside but I get pissed when I find a pos car beside mine when there is literally a whole parking lot free.
Old 12-27-11, 10:40 PM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

hahah sounds like me =0)
Old 12-28-11, 07:08 AM
sung3d
Rookie

Originally Posted by mwl7698
check this out. i went into subway one day to pick up some lunch. The time was around 2pm so the parking lot was not crowded. I park well away from any of the the surrounding stores. I came out to find this...
WTF obviously there were no other parking spots available to accomodate those vehicles...
lol. Look like your IS is made of strong magnetic material.
Old 12-28-11, 07:13 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smh that stinks!
Old 12-28-11, 07:23 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

check this out. i went into subway one day to pick up some lunch. The time was around 2pm so the parking lot was not crowded. I park well away from any of the the surrounding stores. I came out to find this...
WTF obviously there were no other parking spots available to accomodate those vehicles...
In a situation like this, just once I want to come out and find the owners getting out of the cars after they park, walk up to them and in an angry tone just say "REALLY!?!!...I GUESS MY CAR IS JUST A FREAKIN MAGNET OR SOMETHING!!"
Old 12-28-11, 07:28 AM
birador
Lead Lap

cannot prevent this thing to happen even if you park far from the busy parking spot or some use close to a median,unconcerned drivers and passengers will not pay attention when they open the door. probably the best solution is to used a beater car when you go a mall or any busy places,in this way you will not worry about your car scratched or get ding.
Old 12-28-11, 07:50 AM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should start an "Official parking" thread..lmao
Old 12-28-11, 11:27 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read a bunch of mumbo jumbo about what people would do if this happen to them... I'm not believing it maybe what you want to do, but highly doubt you actually will. I think about bustin people windows all the time if something happen to my car. I couldn't do it unless I was 100% sure it was them. Like the dude in the truck that got his tires slasted LOL. If your gonna damage my car total it! LOL
Old 12-28-11, 11:38 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems a bit close for comfort. Probably would be better if you parked your vehicle more center in the spot instead of too much to the right; notice the lady seem to be a bit careful opening the passenger door because of it.
Old 12-28-11, 04:35 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iRock
I've read a bunch of mumbo jumbo about what people would do if this happen to them... I'm not believing it maybe what you want to do, but highly doubt you actually will. I think about bustin people windows all the time if something happen to my car. I couldn't do it unless I was 100% sure it was them. Like the dude in the truck that got his tires slasted LOL. If your gonna damage my car total it! LOL
LOL I hear you. Everyone says what they would like to do, but in reality prolly wouldn't (and prolly shouldn't)

Seriously, though, in the above situation with the pilot, I think the best thing to do would be to just hit the unlock button, to make them aware that you're nearby/coming toward car.

That way, they'll be careful, or if they did something, they'll know you prolly saw it and/or will confess to you.

BTW, no my lexus isn't my daily driver, but I like to keep care of all my cars and I'm very intolerant of others who are disrespectful to people's property when they'll ding it up with their car door/shopping cart/whatever.....and not even leave a note. To me that's very disrespectful of my property....it doesn't matter if it's my car or another form of my property.

Unfortunately, I work in retail, and this past week my daily driver suffered a door ding. I park a good distance away in what's basically employee only parking (cause it's so far away), and it's usually just me and another coworker . Unfortunately, it was xmas eve, and it was apparently so busy there were no spots in the entire lot at one point. I went out at lunch to move my car further out, but apparently I was too late

Last edited by mikes rx; 12-28-11 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-28-11, 05:13 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats why I take the gf's car WallyWorld and not the F
Old 12-28-11, 05:22 PM
mwl7698
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
Seems a bit close for comfort. Probably would be better if you parked your vehicle more center in the spot instead of too much to the right; notice the lady seem to be a bit careful opening the passenger door because of it.
Keep in mind, i was there FIRST and there were no cars anywhere nearby. They chose to park next to me. If they didnt want to be hindered exiting their vehicle, they should have picked the next spot over. Yes, you are right. I SHOULD be more careful how I park....

Quick Reply: I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!