IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bad Christmas for my Lexus!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11, 11:21 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some good news today! One of the neighbors saw the car that hit me and my g/f's mom knew who that car belonged to. Yesterday we went to the apartment and nobody was there, left a note stating that a police report was filed and to call either the police or myself.

Lo and behold I get a call from the guy this morning. He claims that he left a note, but that's not true. Myself and the cop looked for one all over and there was none. I was surprised to see that his car (FJ Cruiser), had very little damage on his bumper compared to all the damage that my car had! Regardless, I now have the guy's info and it looks like there will be a happy ending to my story!

Now on to the repairs. I decided to take it to Longo Collision Center. They are Lexus certified and have some good feedback. Can't wait to get my car back!

Again, thanks for all the support on here!
Old 12-26-11, 01:30 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats great news, glad it turned out for the better even though it was a ****ty situation to begin with.
Old 12-26-11, 01:55 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm glad to hear you found the person who did the damage.
Old 12-26-11, 03:28 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

damn..... garage parking only for me.
Old 12-26-11, 04:08 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

That's great news. Did your alarm go off at the time of the accident?
Old 12-26-11, 06:27 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lexudv
Got some good news today! One of the neighbors saw the car that hit me and my g/f's mom knew who that car belonged to. Yesterday we went to the apartment and nobody was there, left a note stating that a police report was filed and to call either the police or myself.

Lo and behold I get a call from the guy this morning. He claims that he left a note, but that's not true. Myself and the cop looked for one all over and there was none. I was surprised to see that his car (FJ Cruiser), had very little damage on his bumper compared to all the damage that my car had! Regardless, I now have the guy's info and it looks like there will be a happy ending to my story!

Now on to the repairs. I decided to take it to Longo Collision Center. They are Lexus certified and have some good feedback. Can't wait to get my car back!

great news glad things turned out well for you! maybe you can get a new f sport bumper and 2011-2012 headlights out of this
Old 12-26-11, 06:32 PM
LexUser85
Driver

wow man that sucks..sorry to hear that ....but on another note..at least you found the idiot who did it!
Old 12-26-11, 08:24 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome glad it worked out for you.... I had work done by Platinum VIP and was very happy.......
Old 12-26-11, 08:37 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The idiot in the FJ should've knocked on every door in the general area and asked who owned the Lexus and took care of the situation right then and there. Who in their right mind would leave "a note" on a $40k+ car after they hit it!?

Last edited by Gladius; 12-26-11 at 08:40 PM. Reason: wording
Old 12-27-11, 02:01 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gladius
The idiot in the FJ should've knocked on every door in the general area and asked who owned the Lexus and took care of the situation right then and there. Who in their right mind would leave "a note" on a $40k+ car after they hit it!?
probably a drunk idiot who didn't want to chance a DUI and then thought he was going to get away with it.
Old 12-27-11, 04:41 PM
kukuku23
Driver School Candidate

Thank goodness you have some good neighbors
Old 12-27-11, 11:45 PM
Ill350
Driver School Candidate

hope you got some other xmas presents to soften the blow
Old 12-27-11, 11:49 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get your neighbor a beer
Old 12-28-11, 07:21 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, that is a serious hit and I'm going to guess that it was a drunk driver. Hopefully, you filed a police report because who ever hit you is also going to need some serious repair work and maybe if the police is serious about catching the person, they can start by checking local body shops to see if someone is scheduled for any repair work that looks suspicious. Good luck.
Old 12-28-11, 07:39 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bam
Dude, that is a serious hit and I'm going to guess that it was a drunk driver. Hopefully, you filed a police report because who ever hit you is also going to need some serious repair work and maybe if the police is serious about catching the person, they can start by checking local body shops to see if someone is scheduled for any repair work that looks suspicious. Good luck.
OP posted the other day at the top of this page

Originally Posted by lexudv

Quick Reply: Bad Christmas for my Lexus!