IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Personalizing my IS and changing some features for NEWBIES like me

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-11 | 10:59 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Lots of great info here , thanks for sharing guys !
Old 12-31-11 | 11:36 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

I have the F-Sport package and do not have the memory seats or the tilt mirrors. It sucks but oh well can't complain I love my car. Great information and thanks for sharing.
Old 12-31-11 | 12:15 PM
CloudN32
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
side mirror tilt in reverse only comes on the luxury or sport (NOT F-sport) packages.

You mention of linking the memory settings to a given keyfob (which I knew about) leaves me curious if it's possible to link a smartcard to a memory setting... the smartcard has no lock/unlock buttons (or any other buttons) so I wonder how you'd do it, or if you even can...
I wish someone would chime in on linking the smartcard with memory seat and mirror.
Old 12-31-11 | 12:40 PM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info. Guess I gotta go to the stealership and change a few options

Last edited by is_baby; 01-08-12 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-12-12 | 09:03 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Default From Page 58 in the manual...

Originally Posted by CloudN32
I wish someone would chime in on linking the smartcard with memory seat and mirror.
Yes you can.

Using the door lock switch

Carry only the key (including the card key∗) to which you want to link the driving position. If 2 or more keys are in the vehicle, the driving position cannot be linked properly.

Step 1 Close the driver's door and turn the “ENGINE START STOP” switch OFF.

Step 2 While pressing the desired button (“1”, “2” or “3”), press the lock or unlock side on the driver’s door lock switch until the signal beeps. The driving position is recalled when the driver's door is unlocked using the entry function or wireless remote control and the driver's door is opened.
Old 01-13-12 | 03:31 AM
CloudN32
Rookie

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Yes you can.

Using the door lock switch

Carry only the key (including the card key∗) to which you want to link the driving position. If 2 or more keys are in the vehicle, the driving position cannot be linked properly.

Step 1 Close the driver's door and turn the “ENGINE START STOP” switch OFF.

Step 2 While pressing the desired button (“1”, “2” or “3”), press the lock or unlock side on the driver’s door lock switch until the signal beeps. The driving position is recalled when the driver's door is unlocked using the entry function or wireless remote control and the driver's door is opened.
Thankz you for tthe reply but i have a SmartCard Key

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1860.html
Old 01-13-12 | 05:28 AM
Kirtap
Driver School Candidate

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've always wondered: Why would you want your doors to auto lock when you shift out of P or when driving over 13 mph?
So you don't accidentally loosen your seatbelt, open the door and throw yourself out while driving?

Seriously though.. What if you're in an accident and you can't get out because the doors are locked? I just can't see the need for locking your doors when you're inside the vehicle.
Old 01-13-12 | 09:44 AM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Locking the doors helps prevent the doors from coming open in a crash... At least that what my Mercedes owners manual said.
Old 01-13-12 | 09:46 AM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CloudN32
Thankz you for tthe reply but i have a SmartCard Key

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1860.html
Did you read the post... You put the card key in your pocket, and use the lock and/or unlock buttons on the driver's door to program the car to recognize your card key.

Works great

jeff
Old 01-13-12 | 02:18 PM
CloudN32
Rookie

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Did you read the post... You put the card key in your pocket, and use the lock and/or unlock buttons on the driver's door to program the car to recognize your card key.

Works great

jeff
Thanks you Jeff I'll try it tonite, hopefully it work with my smardcard key not just the key fob
Old 01-13-12 | 03:59 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

Thanks for the seat belt tip, that thing gets annoying, esp when u are just moving your car around or take it off a little early when u are just about to get out.
Old 01-13-12 | 04:12 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kirtap
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've always wondered: Why would you want your doors to auto lock when you shift out of P or when driving over 13 mph?
So you don't accidentally loosen your seatbelt, open the door and throw yourself out while driving?

Seriously though.. What if you're in an accident and you can't get out because the doors are locked? I just can't see the need for locking your doors when you're inside the vehicle.
For me, its safety reasons. Before i had the IS, i ALWAYS locked my car door locks when I get in my car mainly because there are people who come to your car and open your door and rob you.

Even if your in an accident you can manually push the unlock switch where the door handle is or attempt to unlock it pressing the button. If your knocked out and trapped inside where nobody can pull you out, then they're gonna have to bust open the window to pull you out!
Old 01-16-12 | 01:07 AM
Kirtap
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tedward88
For me, its safety reasons. Before i had the IS, i ALWAYS locked my car door locks when I get in my car mainly because there are people who come to your car and open your door and rob you.

Even if your in an accident you can manually push the unlock switch where the door handle is or attempt to unlock it pressing the button. If your knocked out and trapped inside where nobody can pull you out, then they're gonna have to bust open the window to pull you out!
Ah, I see. That's rough.. the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I do live in northern Sweden though.. But still. What the hell is wrong with the world if you can't even drive your car without being robbed?

Sorry for all the OT, folks. Thanks for your reply, tedward88!
Old 01-16-12 | 07:26 AM
sushiboi
Lead Lap

Great thread! I remember when I first brought my car home.. I searched for every one of these threads
Old 01-16-12 | 07:35 AM
sung3d
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kirtap

There is no stupid question here. All valid

I do like to this auto lock feature because I have 2 kids who likes to push, pull, twist in the back seat and I don't want them to accidentally open the doors when car is moving. Also, just like the other member mentioned, when you drive in shady area and stopped on red light you never know someone is going to open the door and rob you or carjack. It's a good safety feature. And it will auto unlock when you put shift lever to P so convenient.

In the event an accident results in a roll over, Mercedes has the PRE-SAFE feature unlock the doors and lower the windows approximately one half-inch to allow you to exit or safety workers to gain access easily.
Maybe Lexus will incorporate this feature into their vehicles as well.

Last edited by sung3d; 01-16-12 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Personalizing my IS and changing some features for NEWBIES like me