IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"Worst compliment" you've heard about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-12, 01:35 PM
Mikaveli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"hey man is that a mazda?" needless to say i put my badges back on right after -___-
Old 06-30-12, 02:02 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bleezy
"Your car looks way better with the top down."
Have you guys notice that the black or SGM color doesn't look good directly from the side compare to the white/SFP color? I think the SGM in the front looks better than the SFP, but all colors looks pretty good from the back.
Old 07-01-12, 03:58 PM
TFD99
Rookie

Fellow brothers from my fire department asked why I was driving my wife's car!
Old 07-01-12, 04:17 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

"Your car would look fat if you didn't have that spoiler"
Later about the same SC,
"Is that YOUR Camry?"
Old 07-01-12, 06:33 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

i get insults here on cl: before it was lowered..."looks like a jeep" and "dude your front end is fugly and looks like a truck with a billit grille" but who cares i make the payments! but the best one is" WOW you must be rich " where u get that car? i say, i got it at the dealership and i have a friend who can get u a deal! you want his number? they say sure but what kind of car is that? i say a lexus, they say oh keep the number i cant afford that. lol and more lol
Old 07-02-12, 05:27 AM
andcas7
Driver

Originally Posted by greg0126
When I was looking to buy an IS I was at a Toyota dealership and the salesman said, "Ya know, the IS is just an expensive Corolla. The two cars share the same platform and everything." My mom believes him to this day. Smh.
I see the similarities, and very sure of the platform, but the quality cannot be compared (I had a 2010 corolla prior to the IS). But I do tell people it is just a high end corolla and that is also what I was telling the sales guy at the dealer when I was getting it.

In my opinion it is only faster, quieter, and with higher quality, also nicer looks, but overall it's almost the same size as the corolla, feels smaller inside though.

Regardless I love my IS, I did get a guy once ask if it was an IS-F, my guess is due to the F-sport emblems and the USB color.
Old 07-02-12, 06:42 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rjame
I drive a Starfire Pearl White IS350 staggered TSW wheels with lowering springs and just the other day after work I was walking to my car and I see a note in the windshield I thought someone hit my car but the note reads" Amber, seeing you this morning was great, you look so amazing. Im so crushing on you and am going to try one last time. Here's my number ***-**** I would really like to take you out sometime.. Sincerely Frank"...
Amber driver a Stock Starfire Pearl White IS250... Really he couldn't tell the difference?

HAHA atleast you got a date
Old 07-02-12, 06:46 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Have you guys notice that the black or SGM color doesn't look good directly from the side compare to the white/SFP color? I think the SGM in the front looks better than the SFP, but all colors looks pretty good from the back.
this goes for all cars, dark paint from the side hides all the curves. All cars IMO lose their curves and look in dark (close to black color) from the side.
Old 07-03-12, 04:19 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by andcas7
I see the similarities, and very sure of the platform, but the quality cannot be compared (I had a 2010 corolla prior to the IS). But I do tell people it is just a high end corolla and that is also what I was telling the sales guy at the dealer when I was getting it.

In my opinion it is only faster, quieter, and with higher quality, also nicer looks, but overall it's almost the same size as the corolla, feels smaller inside though.

Regardless I love my IS, I did get a guy once ask if it was an IS-F, my guess is due to the F-sport emblems and the USB color.
I got in an argument with a friend that said my IS350 was just a Corolla with a L on it. We're not friends any more. Tell me how the IS is like a Corolla again?

http://carsort.com/compare/Lexus-IS-IS-350-vs-Toyota-Corolla-S
Old 07-03-12, 06:16 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
I got in an argument with a friend that said my IS350 was just a Corolla with a L on it. We're not friends any more. Tell me how the IS is like a Corolla again?

http://carsort.com/compare/Lexus-IS-...yota-Corolla-S
What does this former friend of yours drive?
Old 07-03-12, 06:43 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg0126
When I was looking to buy an IS I was at a Toyota dealership and the salesman said, "Ya know, the IS is just an expensive Corolla. The two cars share the same platform and everything." My mom believes him to this day. Smh.
IS is basically a Corolla, this guy knows absolutely NOTHING about motor vehicles!
Old 07-03-12, 06:47 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
IS is basically a Corolla, this guy knows absolutely NOTHING about motor vehicles!
How in the world is a IS "basically a Corolla" ?
Old 07-03-12, 06:49 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
WHAT!

Black doesn't look good compared to the SFP! - Ok, well... SFP is a girl color.
All in good fun
Old 07-03-12, 07:14 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
How in the world is a IS "basically a Corolla" ?
It is made by Toyota. It has 4 wheels, a steering wheel, 4 doors and a trunk. What else would you want?
Old 07-03-12, 08:15 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by My0gr81
It is made by Toyota. It has 4 wheels, a steering wheel, 4 doors and a trunk. What else would you want?
I know that! lol

By what he posted, it seems as if he was comparing details of the car to a Corolla. Similar to saying a IS is a Corolla with a Lexus logo kind of thing...

Quick Reply: "Worst compliment" you've heard about your car?