IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

(Hawaii) In need of some advice ! lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-12, 12:54 AM
KidAloha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Hawaii) In need of some advice ! lol

So I finally got paid , now I can get started with my IS . I got me my roof spoiler , should i sticker bomb ? I'm planning on getting coilovers but friends keep telling me to get springs , what are some good springs ? the color red is perfered . I'm also wondering what is the best way to take care of my leather , i dont have covered parking so im worried about sun damage . Is there the dash kit for the 2011 so i can get a double din ? I'm planning to get the injen short ram intake , anything better ? if theres anyone that know how to install the dome LEDs im willing to pay you to install them for me , i want to get all LED dome lights and reverse LED light . planning on getting green HID fogs and 12k HID . Should I make my car Black and Green ?
Old 01-02-12, 01:00 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

so many questions... coils if you want to go LOW and more adjustability. Look at Megan EZ's.
I'm not a fan of too many stickers.
There is leather conditioners out there. I would tint the windows to block UV rays.
There is no double din kit and if you put an aftermarket radio it's TONS of work!
Intake...The F Sport or the Joe Z intake tube with a different filter(cheaper) are the most HP increase.
I'm not a fan of the green look.
Old 01-02-12, 01:11 AM
KidAloha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sffd103
so many questions... coils if you want to go LOW and more adjustability. Look at Megan EZ's.
I'm not a fan of too many stickers.
There is leather conditioners out there. I would tint the windows to block UV rays.
There is no double din kit and if you put an aftermarket radio it's TONS of work!
Intake...The F Sport or the Joe Z intake tube with a different filter(cheaper) are the most HP increase.
I'm not a fan of the green look.
Yeah , I just want whats best for my baby lol . The first thing I got for it was tint , 35% and 5% .
The Megans are my first choice , then are the tanabe but gonna try look for springs first ,
I just want to try something new , ive never seen a IS250 with sticker bomb so i wanted to try on a part that didnt come stock .
i guess i gotta wait for the dash then
Thanks for the suggestion on the intakes , both sounds good .
Black and Red ?
Old 01-02-12, 04:21 AM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems coilovers are the best choice if you have the money.
Stickers? no. 1 or 2 here and there might be ok.
Id get an oem sunshade from sewell, and possbile a car cover if your car stays out in the sun / weather.
Hids...Id would not go over 6k on the low beams. This is a good choice for color and function. Anything over that and your really just getting color, and the output will not be very good. If color is what your after then then nevermind.
Green fogs? same principle here. Some get HIDs to match low beams, and some get 3k for the yellow look.
I havent searched for it, but Im positive there is a DIY thread for LEDs. You can do it yourself no problem.
Color? its your car, so it doesnt matter what anybody thinks, but my opinion most just paint their calipers for a hit of color. To me less is more. You have a really nice car, not a ragged out neon or civic.
Old 01-02-12, 09:28 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KidAloha
So I finally got paid , now I can get started with my IS . I got me my roof spoiler , should i sticker bomb ? I'm planning on getting coilovers but friends keep telling me to get springs , what are some good springs ? the color red is perfered . I'm also wondering what is the best way to take care of my leather , i dont have covered parking so im worried about sun damage . Is there the dash kit for the 2011 so i can get a double din ? I'm planning to get the injen short ram intake , anything better ? if theres anyone that know how to install the dome LEDs im willing to pay you to install them for me , i want to get all LED dome lights and reverse LED light . planning on getting green HID fogs and 12k HID . Should I make my car Black and Green ? ]http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae92/DZAloha/IMG_7835.jpg]

Stickering the roof spoiler - Nah, I think it takes away from the car. IMO, a Lexus shouldn't be stickered up, maybe if it was a Civic lol

Coils vs Springs - Save and get coils. It's worth the extra cash to have adjustability. And you can get coils for as little as $650 (Megan EZ)

Leather protection - Lexol products i find are pretty good at taking care of the leather

Dash kit - None exist, but some people have custom fabricated one, IMO, it looks off

SR Intake - Get the F-Sport or Joe-Z with a good hi-flo filter (i.e. F-Sport filter)

LED install - Dome, Vanity, Mirror, Rear seat, trunk and parking light LED's are VERY easy to change. There are DIY guides here. The reverse lights are a little harder than the rest, but still pretty easy.

Green fogs & 12k HIDs - My personally advice is to avoid extreme's like those for lighting because your pretty much killing the usable light on the road. I usually recommend staying under 8k for all HID's, But its your car, if you prefer looks over function, its up to you!

Black & Green - Up to you, black & green, black & pink, black & yellow, It's your car
Old 01-02-12, 09:55 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

I wouldnt recommend you slamming your car in Hawaii. There is too much potholes everywhere in honolulu. Also, majority of the ramps in hawaii is steep too.
Old 01-02-12, 10:16 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for springs I have a set for sale in classifieds. Super cheap. Pm me if anything.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...p-springs.html

For interior/exterior car cleaning products I get mines at revision audio. Product called chemical guys, works really good especially the leather and vinyl cleaners.

Not a fan of sticker bombing unless the car is fully hooked up and suits the theme.

For the those led installs try do some searches online, theres a tons of DIY write ups and videos and its pretty easy to do, it'll save you some $. Like this for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFtr...e_gdata_player
Old 01-02-12, 10:35 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
I wouldnt recommend you slamming your car in Hawaii. There is too much potholes everywhere in honolulu. Also, majority of the ramps in hawaii is steep too.
You have not seen the Hawaii CL member's rides then i guess..

Most of them are slammed
Old 01-02-12, 10:43 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Get Megan EZ coilovers. For the money, you wont regret it! Im planning on changing my dome lights as well, i saw the vid in the diy guide and it looks simple enough. When i first got my car, i also wanting to do some sort of color combo like black/green black/white and had plans on adding stickers. That phase of my modding has ended and im more into a classier look. Looking back on it, it was a teenage phase for me lol. But i still am considering getting a "daily driven" sticker. For some reason i always liked that one :P
Old 01-02-12, 11:22 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
You have not seen the Hawaii CL member's rides then i guess..

Most of them are slammed
HAHAHA this is no lie
Old 01-02-12, 12:42 PM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steezy
HAHAHA this is no lie
lol how do you guys drive around honolulu. Like everywhere theres potholes. I driving on kawaiahao street and I got two flat tires from the potholes lol
Old 01-02-12, 12:47 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Lexol is definitely the way to go for leather care
Old 01-02-12, 12:54 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
lol how do you guys drive around honolulu. Like everywhere theres potholes. I driving on kawaiahao street and I got two flat tires from the potholes lol
Gotta pay the cost to be the boss
Old 01-02-12, 12:58 PM
MoarLow
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

No to sticker bombing. How do you drive low? You take the hit and fix it like a boss.
Old 01-02-12, 01:17 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interior LED is easy install, and if I say it's easy it's really not hard because I'm a noob myself

Quick Reply: (Hawaii) In need of some advice ! lol