IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters gonna hate

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-12, 01:23 AM
sparkerly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
Man this kind of happened to me in downtown San Francisco. Cab was driving 3mph while cab driver was talking it up with the customers, literally coasted up to a light with no one in front of him while it was still green. I honked, waited and watched as the light turned yellow then red as he just sat there, so I honked again. A 30 looking year old man walks off the side walk yelling at me, I proceed to stare at him while trying to process why this random man was yelling at me, then watch him spit on my window and walk away. As the light turned green I flipped a u turn, pulled next to the sidewalk rolled down my passenger side window and proceeded to tell this man what a class act he was and how he was really acting his age. Flipped him the bird (out of frustration) an went to the chevron on van ess (closest gas station) and used the window cleaner to scrape his spit off my driver window. Some people just feel to go out of there way to mess up something nice, although I really wish I could've gotten out and showed that man the error of his ways, sometime you just have to be the bigger person.
was this weeks ago?
cause this sounds so familiar....when I was in SF just walking around lol
Old 01-04-12, 02:08 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sparkerly
was this weeks ago?
cause this sounds so familiar....when I was in SF just walking around lol
No, more like I would say 2 months ago at least. But welcome to SF, everyone thinks they are right no matter what the situation, just have to flip em the international sign for peace and move on lol.
Old 01-04-12, 04:52 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had 2 spitting episodes. I've told them before but it's been a long time.

Ususally, I slow down going over RR tracks. Sometimes people behind me don't like it. One day 2 guys in a truck were honking and honking the horn even after we were past the tracks. The driver pulls beside and motions for me to roll down the window. When I did, he tried to spit in the car. It missed and landed on the door but that just pissed me off. So I followed them. I noticed the truck had a giant conferate flag in the rear window. So I figured these were 2 redneck boys. When we got to the next stop light, I pulled in front to hem them in. Jumped out and approsched the driver. I yelled for him to get out and spit on me. I'm yelling and screaming at the guy but he wouldn't come out. So I kicked a dent in the door. Got in my car and drove to the nearest car wash.

One day I'm coming out of a store and see 2 older ladies parked next to my car. One lady spat on my car. I walked up to her and asked why she would something like that. They were so scared they drove away like they stole something.

It was so hard to get upset. I was mostly shocked that an older person would do something like that with no provocation.

Haters come in all flavors.
Old 01-04-12, 05:13 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i had a kid spit on my GS once. He was probably like 9 or 10 years old. I was watching them play football outside in the street and they were close to my car so i just kept an eye to make sure everything was ok. As im watching i see the kid look around then spit right on the window of my car. I walked outside and asked him if he thought i didnt see him. I popped my trunk, grabbed a cloth towel and handed it to him and told him he could wipe it off.
Old 01-04-12, 06:54 AM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350
I've had 2 spitting episodes. I've told them before but it's been a long time.

Ususally, I slow down going over RR tracks. Sometimes people behind me don't like it. One day 2 guys in a truck were honking and honking the horn even after we were past the tracks. The driver pulls beside and motions for me to roll down the window. When I did, he tried to spit in the car. It missed and landed on the door but that just pissed me off. So I followed them. I noticed the truck had a giant conferate flag in the rear window. So I figured these were 2 redneck boys. When we got to the next stop light, I pulled in front to hem them in. Jumped out and approsched the driver. I yelled for him to get out and spit on me. I'm yelling and screaming at the guy but he wouldn't come out. So I kicked a dent in the door. Got in my car and drove to the nearest car wash.

One day I'm coming out of a store and see 2 older ladies parked next to my car. One lady spat on my car. I walked up to her and asked why she would something like that. They were so scared they drove away like they stole something.

It was so hard to get upset. I was mostly shocked that an older person would do something like that with no provocation.

Haters come in all flavors.
Haha, you are to funny. Just a few pages ago you were upset that someone mentioned ethnicity and now you have this huge story out of left field about the most over the top situation. Interesting how that worked out.

Well, everyone just needs to be careful as in a heart beat we can lose our precious vehicles to any given hatter.

Last edited by dackp143; 01-04-12 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-04-12, 07:45 AM
IS3003o3
Pole Position

I've had far worst than spit but

Old 01-04-12, 07:53 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

god fearing, george bush voting americans hate japanese/imports..

once dated a female and her father didn't like that I bought a import car. Dude was all harley/chevy.. Call my car trash. Lol.
Old 01-04-12, 10:36 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sadly, this stuff happens far too often. He was almost surely jealous because you're much younger and have a much nicer car.

Thankfully, I haven't had anyone mess with my car (it's locked up in a garage literally 99% of the time), but as a general rule I'll only confront someone if I'm leaving the area since I don't want to leave my car there for them to mess with.
Old 01-04-12, 11:47 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

"Have small crowbar under seat, will travel"...and it's not for changing a flat.
Old 01-04-12, 12:21 PM
teefar
Driver

Its been a while since someone has messed with my car, but back in high school there was a guy who hated on me religiously. I was a bit on the shy/geeky side but had a couple really nice cars(for my age) during my high school years. I remember one night I was parked outside of a fast food restaurant waiting for a friend to come out. He pulls up beside me, literally about 4 or 5 inches away. He looks me dead in the eye, opens his door hits mine on purpose and just drives away.
I just sat there in disbelief like wtf??
Needless to say he was sent to prison for murder his last year in high school.
Old 01-04-12, 12:28 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had someone deliberately park too close to me to where I couldn't get into my drivers door and leave a "Nice Lexus" note on my car. In response, I put Nice Civic under his windshield wiper and let all the air out of all four tires. Thats the only incident that happened with my Lexus. A few years ago, I caught this guy in the act of trying to break into my X5.I always carry my 45 on me and I happened to have it on me that night so I drew it out on him and yelled "What the fxck do you think you're doing?". I called the cops and he went to jail and had to pay to fix my door.

Last edited by Justin2JZ; 01-04-12 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-04-12, 12:43 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some of ya remember it happen to me before.. HATE IT
Old 01-04-12, 02:13 PM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Haters gonna hate-haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg .
Old 01-04-12, 05:40 PM
sleeper24
Driver School Candidate

Gustavo250,

That picture says it all!! LOL!!
Old 01-04-12, 09:04 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gustavo250
haha lol this pic is hilarious!