IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters gonna hate

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-12, 01:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dackp143
Haha, you are to funny. Just a few pages ago you were upset that someone mentioned ethnicity and now you have this huge story out of left field about the most over the top situation. Interesting how that worked out.
I was not upset at anything. Many people describe people racially and I wanted to know if that was significant in the story.
Was he trying to insinuate that blacks hate more than others?
Was he trying to insinuate that black guy hated on him because he was not black?
Maybe the op has a problem with blacks and started the whole thing with the way he looked at the black guy?
I don't know...I just wanted to know if he meant anything by it.

I just know that usually, when someone describes a person and mentions their race, it's significant to them more than significant to the story.

I'm not accusing, I'm just doing what I do. I am a social worker and I observe people and behavior more than I should.....but I was definitely not upset.

I am kinda funny, though. I am always trying to have fun.
Old 01-05-12, 01:54 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I was not upset at anything. Many people describe people racially and I wanted to know if that was significant in the story.
Was he trying to insinuate that blacks hate more than others?
Was he trying to insinuate that black guy hated on him because he was not black?
Maybe the op has a problem with blacks and started the whole thing with the way he looked at the black guy?
I don't know...I just wanted to know if he meant anything by it.

I just know that usually, when someone describes a person and mentions their race, it's significant to them more than significant to the story.

I'm not accusing, I'm just doing what I do. I am a social worker and I observe people and behavior more than I should.....but I was definitely not upset.

I am kinda funny, though. I am always trying to have fun.
I really wanted to ask the OP why he had to point out that the guy was black. If it were a white guy staring at him, he probably wouldn't have had a worry in the world. No offense OP.
Old 01-05-12, 04:48 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel where you are coming from, you never know what is actually being meant in certain situations. The OP could mean more.

Personally, I would have said the same thing. I would have said blacks, whites, mexicans, italians, jews, whatever cause who gives a rats poo. I guess I am used to hearing this stuff being in the military where we have every possible race in the world. The only way sometimes to explain people is to mention their ethnicity especially in the Navy where everyone is wearing the same thing everyday, day in and day out! I think being a social worker might drive me nuts, so I can see where you have an edge on all of this. I mean, we have a black president (my boss in fact ) so I the whole race suppression thing is waaay over. It's just a skin color.

"Yeah, it is the white dude on post behind the 50 cal, he has a huge nose, I think he is Jewish.." So said my boss just the other day -- hahaa

Oh crap, my IS350 is white!! WHAAATTT!! jk

Last edited by dackp143; 01-05-12 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-05-12, 08:16 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone brought up that if he was talking on Bluetooth, the speakers carry pretty well outside the car... Maybe he said something about some guy in the car next to him and the other fellow over heard him? haha
Old 01-05-12, 10:03 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow this thread is still goin on? Like I originally said That is kind of a racial comment but either way it could've been someone else who really knows? There is no substantial evidence that "black" guy stepped out of his car and spat on OP's car. No cameras,no videos, no pictures, no DNA tests, no proof. But whoever did it is a waste of life and good thing that's all they did. And if you felt the need to describe his race, why not describe what he was wearing, height, weight, shoe size, whatever. When it comes down to it describing his race was not necessary or significant to the story whatsoever. Ice350 and SRTGS300 both have good points. What if it was a woman instead of a man? Would've OP thought anything different about the situation?
Old 01-05-12, 11:07 PM
tBayBoi20
Driver

it's sad that people do some of the things they do just out of jealousy. they dont have things they want so they feel the need to spit, key, throw rocks or do some type of damage to nicer things than they own to make themselves feel better. but karma comes back on them...maybe not right away, but im sure it will eventually...
Old 01-19-12, 10:57 PM
Authorize
Driver

So about a week ago, I was leaving work at night (I work in a hotel). That day, we had to parking lot at a university because of a large event at the hotel. Some Asian guy was pulling into the parking structure while I was pulling out. He had a brown 328i. While he was pulling he, he gave me the dirtiest look known to human beings. See, when daddy's money pays for your car, you don't have much choice on what to get. When it's YOUR money, it's a whole new story.
Old 01-19-12, 11:16 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Authorize
So about a week ago, I was leaving work at night (I work in a hotel). That day, we had to parking lot at a university because of a large event at the hotel. Some Asian guy was pulling into the parking structure while I was pulling out. He had a brown 328i. While he was pulling he, he gave me the dirtiest look known to human beings. See, when daddy's money pays for your car, you don't have much choice on what to get. When it's YOUR money, it's a whole new story.
Whoa what does being Asian have to do with having your parents buying you cars? Sorry to bust you out guy but I'm Asian and i started working at 16 and I'm 28 now. I've owned 12 cars all paid in cash with money that I worked for honestly. If that Asian guy did give you a dirty look he prob had a sixth sense that you're totally ignorant and racist.
Old 01-19-12, 11:21 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Just remember you're driving a car built by Asians the next time you wanna disrespect us. Way to revive a dead thread with a ignorant post
Old 01-19-12, 11:26 PM
Authorize
Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Whoa what does being Asian have to do with having your parents buying you cars? Sorry to bust you out guy but I'm Asian and i started working at 16 and I'm 28 now. I've owned 12 cars all paid in cash with money that I worked for honestly. If that Asian guy did give you a dirty look he prob had a sixth sense that you're totally ignorant and racist.
Did you even read my post? The fact is he is Asian. If he was white, I would say "some White guy". If he was African American, I would say "some African American". But the fact is that he is Asian. Oh, by the way, I'm Asian, too. Born here, partially raised in Hong Kong and partially raised in the sad city of Los Angeles.
Old 01-19-12, 11:33 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Did you even read my post? The fact is he is Asian. If he was white, I would say "some White guy". If he was African American, I would say "some African American". But the fact is that he is Asian. Oh, by the way, I'm Asian, too. Born here, partially raised in Hong Kong and partially raised in the sad city of Los Angeles.
So you're racist towards your own kind? If you're Asian American then learn some history from your parents how they struggled to bring you to America so you can have a bright future driving your Lexus. There's a stereotype that Asians with nice cars have rich parents that pay for their cars and everything they own. Granted there are Asian kids that are that lucky along with any other race. What parent wouldn't want to provide the best for their kids. But why would u automatically assume that Asian guy got that car with his parents money and talk down on him just bc he drives a 328 and you drive a is and u assume he was jealous of you? Or you're better than him? That's just ignorant. Please if your Asian take pride in your own kind instead of talking down on them and adding to racial stereotypes about asians.
Old 01-19-12, 11:39 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Lmao this topic too funny 90% CL are Asian. Just cause he used the word Asian dont get offended. Be different if he said slanted eyes. Plus 1 I'm Asian too.
Old 01-19-12, 11:44 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by laobo979
Lmao this topic too funny 90% CL are Asian. Just cause he used the word Asian dont get offended. Be different if he said slanted eyes. Plus 1 I'm Asian too.
he was implying the stereotype of being Asian and that guys parents bought him his 328 in the last sentence of his post That's why I called him out on being racist and ignorant
Old 01-19-12, 11:45 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Now I'm wondering if Authorize even paid for his car? Or if his parents or someone helped him co sign.
Old 01-20-12, 12:27 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^Does it matter if he paid for his car or not?

I sure didn't lol...

And I'm pretty sure there are parents of every race that buy their kids cars ...

Can we all just chill out? lol...

Quick Reply: Haters gonna hate