IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Where the hell did this dent in the roof come from???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 06:03 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Everyone, please come visit the new "I've got a dent in my roof" thread here :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...of-thread.html
Old 01-11-12, 07:51 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mier
Is anyong going to get the dent repaired?
I hope to have my dents repaired. I will let you know how it goes...

Originally Posted by Vipor
Dang, I'm starting to get worried about MY car now. This past weekend, I ran over a pothole with the front right tire. The only thing I checked at the time was the tire and rim to make sure I did not dent it and the corner spoiler to make sure I did not break it.

Think I'll go check it out right now to see if my roof has a dent in it.

On another note... Hey Alex350, Is your roof painted black is wrapped?
My roof is wrapped with 3M gloss vinyl, which is not as good looking as the MacTac, but at least it gets the job done. I was thinking of painting it since I have to take the car to the body shop anyways.

Originally Posted by Muggy
Great pics Alex350. Those examples show exactly of the car's chasis flexing.. It's most likely happening on everyone's ISx50 but most won't notice the differences. However I have to admit, yours are extremely obvious..

Actually it doesn't matter on what car make.. This issue is happening on most brands including the ones you listed. 2 of my friend's BMW have multiple dents and you can find quite a few Mercedes' owners with same issues on other forums.
Thanks Muggy, I didn't notice most of these things at first until I saw one of the dents and then when I contacted the body shop guy (BTW this body shop is the only one certified by Lexus/Toyota in PR to do their repairs) and explained to him what happened.

Without even looking at the car, he told me all the problems my car had, from the dents in the roof, to the fender panel misalignment, to the broken headlight. That's when he told me that it is a common problem in our cars and that it is caused when the car's chassis bends as a result of hitting a pothole or something similar. He told me that he even wrote to Lexus HQ letting them know about how common this problem is and yes, he also said that he's seen it in other car makes, just not as much as with the Lexus 2IS.

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I assure you they do not have dents in them due to the car flexing. My old IS250 never did this and I had it for 50000 miles, yes I did drive the **** out of it as well.

Seriously though dude, in your statement how can you even come close to justifying this obscenely horrible defect. What gives.
sincity, you would be surprised at how many people have this problem with their cars and haven't noticed yet, since it's almost unnoticeable.