IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Your Silly "Pet Peeves"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12 | 09:53 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
I drive my wife and everyone else crazy with my OCD stuff. I don't even know where to start with this thread lol!

Mainly no one can clean or keep things clean like me. So if you try and help I will have to go right behind you and make it look perfect.

Not just my car, it's with everything. Really bad with our remodeled kitchen. The wife can't clean stainless steel or granite to perfection to save her life.
Lol....I feel the same way.
Old 01-07-12 | 09:56 AM
jerro
Driver School Candidate

I make people shut my doors by the pillars, and tell not to put their greasy fingers on my clean windows. This drives my friends crazy.
Old 01-07-12 | 10:00 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Always gotta have a full tank.. anything else is ok, smoking, food, sleeping slapping etc.. lol
Old 01-07-12 | 11:10 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

^^I always heard that smoking in a car will decrease the re-sale value by like $5k cause u can "never" get rid of that stench. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 01-07-12 | 11:21 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jerro
I make people shut my doors by the pillars, and tell not to put their greasy fingers on my clean windows. This drives my friends crazy.
Oh people better not touch my pillars, they leave fingerprints as well.

I wouldent doubt that about the smoking. I would never buy a used car that's been smoked in. If you go to buy a used car and it smells strongly of cleaner/air freshness I wont buy them. The smoke smell will always come back later.
Old 01-07-12 | 05:52 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Clean carpets at all times, I vacuum atleast 2 times per week even if I don't drive.

Exterior must be clean all the time and swirl free.

Anyone other than my BF sitting in the passenger seat I put the lexus plastic on the seat and floor.

Never allow people in the rear seats and I ALWAYS keep my passenger window lock.
Old 01-09-12 | 06:00 AM
krazyboi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wunko
-When I park the car, I have to use the parking brake. It didn't bother me when I first got my IS but since I always set the parking brake on other cars I drive, it then bothered me that I wasn't setting the parking brake for my IS.

-Even though the headlights turn off by themselves after you lock the car, it bothers me when I see them left on since I've had another car where the lights did not turn off by themselves. I make a habit it turn off the headlights before I lock the car.
LoL I remb in my old car not setting the parking brake with a manual.. someone rang my bell saying my car was in the middle of the street... now I always set the parking brake in whatever car I'm in cause of that.. drives the wife and inlaws crazy

I always click the remote to turn off the headlights... my old car was the same way (didn't turn off by themselves)... and I love the Lexus key fob-can click that thing 50ft away and it still registers...
Old 01-09-12 | 07:17 AM
genaos11
Pole Position

1. full tank
2. exterior and interior have to be clean! wash my car about twice week
3. no eating / food
4. dnt slam my doors
5. no animals
6. e brake has be on every time i park
Old 01-09-12 | 09:05 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

*the smell of food in my car. example. went to little ceasers my buddy held the box in his lap the smell of food lasted for days inside. never again!
* people in the back seat
* the rear center armrest closed. it must remain open
* changing my audio setting cause the bass is to much
* people putting their change in the cup hold. its a cup holder not a coin tray.
Old 01-09-12 | 09:06 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

ohh llike genaos11 said no animals.
Old 01-09-12 | 09:42 AM
MoarLow
Pole Position

I have to park close to the curb or im afraid someone is going to swipe my car for not parking close enough.
Old 01-09-12 | 09:59 AM
rcracer
Pole Position

No perfume/cologne, had the car for over two years now still has new car smell!
Old 01-09-12 | 11:16 AM
ximd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MoarLow
I have to park close to the curb or im afraid someone is going to swipe my car for not parking close enough.
you're not alone on this one. Lots of us do exactly the same. Just backfires when the other car actually parks even closer to you since there is now more room
Old 01-09-12 | 11:33 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gladius
I remember doing this on the F-150 board. I know a lot of folks have silly little "pet peeves" with their Lexus and are really "****" when it comes to certain things. What are some of yours?
Here are some of mine:
1. All AC/Heater vents have to be "even".
2. When parked, my steering wheel has to be straight.
3. My ashtray and cup holder HAVE to be closed when not in use.
4. I don't like ANYTHING in my side door pockets.
5. No change is allowed in the "change holder"...lol
6. I will avoid at ALL COSTS driving my car in the rain...I know it's stupid, but that's just me...lol
7. I am "OK" with my car being being dirty if I caused it, but hate when my wife or daughter drive it and it comes back dirty.
8. I can stand a "little dirt", but cringe at the sight of fingerprints.
9. I NEVER turn my AC/Heater on at full blast no matter how cold or hot it is...I have have been like this with all my cars no matter how old/new the are...
10. My audio adjustments have to be at a certain level AT ALL TIMES...the bass is three levels from the max and the treble is two levels from the max...lol
11. The arm rest in the back can NEVER be left down.
12. For some reason I can't stand ANYTHING in my glove box, not even insurance/registration. I keep that in the pocket behind the passenger back seat....that might not even be legal when I think about it...lol

I am pretty sure I have more but can't think of any right now....
I thought I was sick with the way I am with the highlighted number but you're nuts..

I'll add.

Always gotta have a clean exhaust
.Inside and out has to be spotless at all times.
Fingerprints on the black door trim area hen closing the door.
No eating, most certainly no drinking
Don't slam my doors.
No one washes my car but me.
Quality Microfiber towel must be in driver's door compartment for inside window touch ups,NAV and wood trim fingerprint cleaning..
Fill up when it hits a quarter tank.
No parking in crowded parking lots.Must be a space far away from other vehicles.
I don't like things in my trunk, I keep it empty
and many more...

My wife hates me and the IS.

Last edited by Joeb427; 01-09-12 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-09-12 | 12:27 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I thought I was sick with the way I am with the highlighted number but you're nuts..
Yes...I have been told that...lol

Quick Reply: Your Silly "Pet Peeves"