IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New girl in the forums wanted to intro myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 07:52 AM
Egeiger
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

is there a way to block threads from showing up?? this whole thread is ridiculous and I'm sick of seeing it every time i scroll through looking for something useful.
Old 01-18-12, 08:28 AM
LexGirl33
Rookie

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
welcome to CL
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Egeiger
is there a way to block threads from showing up?? this whole thread is ridiculous and I'm sick of seeing it every time i scroll through looking for something useful.
Sorry to make you mad. If I knew how to delete it or whatever from your view I would. Not sure if that is a setting I make or not?
Old 01-18-12, 09:45 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd have to agree, this thread got rather off-topic from being a general Welcome thread (although there is a designated welcome thread sticky at the top of the 2IS page)... would be better off moved to a Florida regional area.
Old 01-18-12, 12:42 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sooooo simple.......

DONT CLICK ON IT.
Old 01-18-12, 12:42 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

if you took the time to come in here and say it bothers you, then my friend, you simply have too much time in your hands.
Old 01-18-12, 12:59 PM
LexGirl33
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexGirl33

Sorry to make you mad. If I knew how to delete it or whatever from your view I would. Not sure if that is a setting I make or not?
Originally Posted by heyarms
I'd have to agree, this thread got rather off-topic from being a general Welcome thread (although there is a designated welcome thread sticky at the top of the 2IS page)... would be better off moved to a Florida regional area.
Perhaps I wasn't clear in post # 92. I realize it may have been confusing to read or I may have not typed in terms of legibility.
But I would like to say I apologize to you as well as anyone else for the massive amount of inconvenience that this thread has caused. The last thing I want is to trouble others throughout their wonderful day of browsing the 2IS section. I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread so as to not bring it back to the top.
I saw the Florida regional section. But since I saw others post "new guy/girl" threads in the 2IS section I thought it to be appropriate to post one of my own. Especially since I included pictures and my husband use to be a frequent active member on these boards. (he's much more quite on here now w/ fewer posts)
Again, sincere apologies to all the people that are pissed off about this thread.
Old 01-18-12, 01:09 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is all this drama coming from??
How hard is it to ignore 1 thread. There are tons of threads getting bumped daily but this one gets complaint?

Anyways, enjoy the warm welcomes. Lol

(IBTL, sadly)
Old 01-18-12, 01:18 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

^ Aw, LexGirl, I think what they are trying to say is this:

This is a car forum. We come on here to see other people's cars and see all things 2IS related. While, we always welcome new members with open arms on here, I think the fact that you, yourself, haven't said much about the car (other than linking to your husbands thread), is what makes this topic seem to have gone a bit pointless.

What are you thoughts about the car? How do you like it? Do you have any plans of modding it/changing up the already present mods? Tell us things like that. Your intro didn't really have much of that... more so "all about you". While we want to know about you, we also want to know about your car. Gotta keep it relevant.

I would also stick with the advise of your husband and not post picture of yourself on here. It's asking for trouble (there have been already inappropriate comments removed). There are sick people on the internet... don't make yourself too easily accessed... especially since you are a girl. On your husband's thread you linked... it shows his license plate number. People can way too easily find where you live. Not saying ClubLexus members are sick, but this is a public forum easily searched from google.

Welcome to CL!
Old 01-18-12, 01:31 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
^ Aw, LexGirl, I think what they are trying to say is this:

This is a car forum. We come on here to see other people's cars and see all things 2IS related. While, we always welcome new members with open arms on here, I think the fact that you, yourself, haven't said much about the car (other than linking to your husbands thread), is what makes this topic seem to have gone a bit pointless.

What are you thoughts about the car? How do you like it? Do you have any plans of modding it/changing up the already present mods? Tell us things like that. Your intro didn't really have much of that... more so "all about you". While we want to know about you, we also want to know about your car. Gotta keep it relevant.

I would also stick with the advise of your husband and not post picture of yourself on here. It's asking for trouble (there have been already inappropriate comments removed). There are sick people on the internet... don't make yourself too easily accessed... especially since you are a girl. On your husband's thread you linked... it shows his license plate number. People can way too easily find where you live. Not saying ClubLexus members are sick, but this is a public forum easily searched from google.

Welcome to CL!
Yeah....all over the internet, blogs/threads get "ridiculous" when a female joins in...smh
It's like u guys get "overly excited" to the point where the thread gets off topic..
Old 01-18-12, 01:59 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DigitalDon
Where is all this drama coming from??
How hard is it to ignore 1 thread. There are tons of threads getting bumped daily but this one gets complaint?

Anyways, enjoy the warm welcomes. Lol

(IBTL, sadly)
+1

Originally Posted by karasha
Do you have any plans of modding it/changing up the already present mods? Tell us things like that. Your intro didn't really have much of that... more so "all about you". While we want to know about you, we also want to know about your car. Gotta keep it relevant.
If you haven't read her other posts she does mention that she's fairly new to this and has a few plans for her car. Her husband knows a lot more about the car than she does and he made a very detailed build thread (videos included of course, LOL), which is why she included the link. I'm sure if she knew all that info she would be talking more about the car. Not to mention the title of the thread is "...Wanted to Intro Myself"
Give the girl a break. She's just conversing with other members and sharing a few laughs here and there.

Last edited by Dvo; 01-18-12 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-18-12, 02:10 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

idk dvo, it seems that when a thread get alot of attention certain people get touchy
Old 01-18-12, 02:31 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dvo
If you haven't read her other posts she does mention that she's fairly new to this and has a few plans for her car. Her husband knows a lot more about the car than she does and he made a very detailed build thread (videos included of course, LOL), which is why she included the link. I'm sure if she knew all that info she would be talking more about the car. Not to mention the title of the thread is "...Wanted to Intro Myself"
Give the girl a break. She's just conversing with other members and sharing a few laughs here and there.
... Just to clarify, so I hope my post isn't interpreted wrong by others... it was in no way giving her a hard time. How is me asking her what her plans are for her car and how she likes it in any way giving her a hard time? I was taking an interest in her thread and KEEPING IT RELEVANT to cars. Quite general questions you ask any new members -- male or female
Old 01-18-12, 03:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Ok folks, this thread is turning into a lot of bickering, leg humping and somebody even tried to make it a classified ad (most of these removed). I know that's not what the OP intended so let's call this one closed please