IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

how much would you pay for this IS 250?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 06:34 AM
okayndc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much would you pay for this IS 250?

the dealer wants about $20K for it and the mileage is near 76K. yesterday took it for a pre-purchase inspection at another lexus dealer and found that the front driver axle is slightly broken (did not show in the carfax) and the hood has been re-painted (for whatever reason, the dealer did not disclose this and it does not show in the carfax report). sounds like the vehicle MAY have been in an accident.

FEATURES: Smart Access with Push Button Start/Stop* Perforated Semi-Analine Leather Seats w/10-Way Power Front (including lumbar)* Heated Ventilated Front Seats* Power Moonroof w/ Dial-Adjustment 1-Touch Open/Close* Electroluminescent Optitron Gauges* Automatic Dual-Zone Climate Control* Three-Spoke Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel* Cruise Control* LED Puddle Lamps* Inside Auto Dimming Electrochromic Rearview Mirror with Compass* Driver Information Center w/ Trip Computer* Lexus Premium Audio w/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, 13-Speakers, and Miniplug Auxiliary Input for MP3 Players with Shark Fin Antenna* Manual Tilt/Telescope Steering Wheel with Audio Controls* Power Windows with One-Touch Up/Down Pinch Protection* Trunk Pass-Through* High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS). Wood Interior Trim.

Thoughts?

Last edited by okayndc; 01-19-12 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-19-12, 06:41 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd offer $16,000 and make them fix the axle at no cost. I'm assuming it's not a CPO?
Old 01-19-12, 06:52 AM
okayndc
Driver School Candidate

nope, not CPOd.

the mileage worries me a bit (to say the least)

Originally Posted by greg0126
I'd offer $16,000 and make them fix the axle at no cost. I'm assuming it's not a CPO?
Old 01-19-12, 07:05 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would offer $16K too. also get the vin number and sign up at lexusdrivers.com and see the history through lexus.
Old 01-19-12, 07:09 AM
Shervin021
Driver

do 17 out the door, even tho the hood been painted the hood still dont look in good condition in the picture,n plus this is base as it get, i say save up or spend lil more and least get the lux package
Old 01-19-12, 07:14 AM
okayndc
Driver School Candidate

wow, thanks!

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
also get the vin number and sign up at lexusdrivers.com and see the history through lexus.
Old 01-19-12, 07:34 AM
okayndc
Driver School Candidate

what more do you get with the luxury package?

Originally Posted by Shervin021
do 17 out the door, even tho the hood been painted the hood still dont look in good condition in the picture,n plus this is base as it get, i say save up or spend lil more and least get the lux package
Old 01-19-12, 07:56 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you already noticed the hood has been repainted and the front axle is on its way out, don't buy the car is my advice. Find a better one. The last thing you want is to buy the car and then discover it has more damage, perhaps from what seems to have been an accident.
Old 01-19-12, 07:58 AM
okayndc
Driver School Candidate

absolutely right.

i have learned that pre-purchase inspection is an absolute must.

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
If you already noticed the hood has been repainted and the front axle is on its way out, don't buy the car is my advice. Find a better one. The last thing you want is to buy the car and then discover it has more damage, perhaps from what seems to have been an accident.
Old 01-19-12, 08:02 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by okayndc
what more do you get with the luxury package?
Rain sensing wipers, memory seats, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto-dim and auto-tilt side mirrors, illuminated scuff plates on front doors, power rear sunshade.

It also includes the stuff that is in the premium package (woodgrain and vented/heated seats) but this car has premium package so you've already got those... it also includes HIDs, but again this car has them as a standalone option.

It also usually comes with 18" wheels (doesn't have to but I've never actually seen one that didn't) and this car has 17s on it.

The car in this thread appears to have for options:

HIDs
Premium package

that's it
Old 01-19-12, 08:40 AM
Shervin021
Driver

^ what kurtz said, the only way i would jump on this car with this package if this was a 350. I say look around dont rush
Old 01-19-12, 09:48 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This should help: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html

I'm not even seeing here where you've posted the year of the car...? How are people assessing the price without knowing the year?

I'm assuming the car is 06-08. I think that price is high given it's not very loaded, is a 250 not a 350, is not CPO, is out of all warranties, and has likely been in an accident or had work done at least.

Clearly the dealer fixing the axle at their expense would be a must before even considering it.

Check Autocheck and the Lexus dealer service history to see if it has an accident that isn't reported on Carfax (this happens often).

Also, for what it's worth, I wouldn't pay anything for it because it's only a 250. You're looking at this 2006-2008 IS250 with 76k miles (out of all warranties) that's not CPO, potentially has an accident in its history, and doesn't have a lot of options - all for $20k. I bought my 2007 IS350 with 56k miles (14k mile powertrain warranty left) which was CPO (3 year/100k mile near-comprehensive warranty) and had lux package, 18" ISP wheels, F-Sport exhaust, HIDs, nav, GFX kit - all for $24,500. Had my IS350 been closer in all other respects aside from engine to yours (76k miles, no CPO, fewer options), it would have been closer to $22k. That means for $2k more you can get a 350 over a 250.

This is all moot if you don't care one bit about performance, but if you do, definitely consider it.
Old 01-19-12, 10:04 AM
Authorize
Driver

Originally Posted by okayndc
the dealer wants about $20K for it and the mileage is near 76K. yesterday took it for a pre-purchase inspection at another lexus dealer and found that the front driver axle is slightly broken (did not show in the carfax) and the hood has been re-painted (for whatever reason, the dealer did not disclose this and it does not show in the carfax report). sounds like the vehicle MAY have been in an accident.

FEATURES: Smart Access with Push Button Start/Stop* Perforated Semi-Analine Leather Seats w/10-Way Power Front (including lumbar)* Heated Ventilated Front Seats* Power Moonroof w/ Dial-Adjustment 1-Touch Open/Close* Electroluminescent Optitron Gauges* Automatic Dual-Zone Climate Control* Three-Spoke Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel* Cruise Control* LED Puddle Lamps* Inside Auto Dimming Electrochromic Rearview Mirror with Compass* Driver Information Center w/ Trip Computer* Lexus Premium Audio w/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, 13-Speakers, and Miniplug Auxiliary Input for MP3 Players with Shark Fin Antenna* Manual Tilt/Telescope Steering Wheel with Audio Controls* Power Windows with One-Touch Up/Down Pinch Protection* Trunk Pass-Through* High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS). Wood Interior Trim.

Thoughts?
I would vote no on this car and move on to another one. The repainted hood is one thing, but the axle? That's not a comforting idea. Plus, 76k miles is pretty high (but having a year attached to the car would help).
Old 01-19-12, 10:27 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Authorize
I would vote no on this car and move on to another one. The repainted hood is one thing, but the axle? That's not a comforting idea. Plus, 76k miles is pretty high (but having a year attached to the car would help).
I agree. You can find alot of good ones for 20k with less mileage
Old 01-19-12, 10:29 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't walk away from that IS................................................RUN!

Quick Reply: how much would you pay for this IS 250?