2011 Lexus IS 250 - Oil Maint. Reqd. Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 06:38 PM
KaniGT5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lexus IS 250 - Oil Maint. Reqd. Light

Hey All!

Anyone have a 2011-2012 IS250/350 that has the Oil Maintenance Required Warning Light in the dash cluster?

I know with synthetic oil changes, I am due for an oil change every 10k miles. I called my dealer, and the service advisor tells me that this Oil Maintenance Required Light comes on every 5,000 miles, because they want me to come in for a tire rotation, and some multi point - im gonna **** you in the *** inspection for $179 which doesn't even include the oil change - LOL.

The dealer told me this light comes on, and stays on and will not go off until they reset it, and its an option that is programmed in from the factory every 5,000 miles.

Now, it used to be just when I turned the car on - but now it is illuminated even while driving.

Anyone else experience this at all? What have you guys done?

thnx
Old 02-12-12, 06:45 PM
aznKewlguy
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

toggle the button on the cluster til the actual miles of the car are lit.. then turn off the car

hold that button and then push the start button twice while holding down the button, but don't start the car.

That should reset it.
Old 02-12-12, 06:47 PM
KaniGT5
Driver School Candidate

Ahhh...thanks guys!!

...now back to our regularly scheduled swaggin'
Old 02-12-12, 06:47 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just found it in the Lexus feature book I have. Yeah you can switch it to what you want.
Old 02-12-12, 07:12 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
Just found it in the Lexus feature book I have. Yeah you can switch it to what you want.
You can change the mileage for when the service light comes on??
Old 04-19-12, 08:31 PM
URWTDRM
Driver School Candidate

So glad to have club Lexus. I was about to go crazy seeing that f'n triangle !!!!
Old 04-19-12, 08:52 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
You can change the mileage for when the service light comes on??
Sorry, lost track of this thread. Yes you can change since it's related to it.

Originally Posted by URWTDRM
So glad to have club Lexus. I was about to go crazy seeing that f'n triangle !!!!
LoL!! I have the red triangle now but I did not bother to turn it off yet...! Going to have my oil changed soon anyways.
Old 07-05-12, 08:15 PM
Chgoride6
Driver School Candidate

Since I live about 25 miles from my local Lexus dealer, I have had the last 3 or 4 oil changes done by the local Toyota dealer whom I actually purchased the (used) car from about 14 or so months ago. That same dealer just did the most recent oil change last week and I promptly left town for the holidays.

And YEP.. you guessed it. They obviously forgot to reset this indiator. Thanks to Club lexus once again. I brought my laptop with me, and found the answer here rather than trying to fix this problem through a Lexus dealer when i am two states away from home..

Thanks Guys. !!!!!!
Old 07-05-12, 08:38 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Not sure what dealer you bought it from, but as far as I know the first two scheduled visits are free. This includes the at-home service as well. They want you to burn them on the 30 day visit, and then the 5k visit, but I would save them for the 5k and mandatory 10k, as you have to use them within 18 months of purchase.

edit - That's for a new car purchase only, obviously. I'm assuming this applies to you based on your vehicle year...
Old 07-06-12, 09:26 AM
GSE21tuner
Rookie

How do you go about changing the frequency of the indicator?
Old 07-06-12, 09:58 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Far as I know, you don't.
Old 07-06-12, 10:05 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you can. Maybe you could through the navigation unit (if so equipped) and turn off the warning. Atleast I know you can do that on my 08
Old 07-06-12, 11:00 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KaniGT5
Hey All!

Anyone have a 2011-2012 IS250/350 that has the Oil Maintenance Required Warning Light in the dash cluster?

I know with synthetic oil changes, I am due for an oil change every 10k miles. I called my dealer, and the service advisor tells me that this Oil Maintenance Required Light comes on every 5,000 miles, because they want me to come in for a tire rotation, and some multi point - im gonna **** you in the *** inspection for $179 which doesn't even include the oil change - LOL.

The dealer told me this light comes on, and stays on and will not go off until they reset it, and its an option that is programmed in from the factory every 5,000 miles.

Now, it used to be just when I turned the car on - but now it is illuminated even while driving.

Anyone else experience this at all? What have you guys done?

thnx
I too have a 2011 IS250 and my light came on around 5k miles, I was told by the service advisor that Lexus did not change the mileage warning to 10k because they want customers to rotate tires. I was not charged for the rotation and light reset, and at 10k I got my oil change and tires rotated again at no charge. I do not know if it was a dealer offered incentive or not but either way every 5k that light will always come on.
Old 07-06-12, 11:18 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IamNate
I too have a 2011 IS250 and my light came on around 5k miles, I was told by the service advisor that Lexus did not change the mileage warning to 10k because they want customers to rotate tires. I was not charged for the rotation and light reset, and at 10k I got my oil change and tires rotated again at no charge. I do not know if it was a dealer offered incentive or not but either way every 5k that light will always come on.
If I recall correctly, the highest value of warning you can change is to 5K or less.
Old 07-06-12, 03:38 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IamNate
Unless you have AWD, you can't rotate the tires because they are staggered so even this doesn't make any sense.

Anyhow, just learn to reset it yourself whenever it comes on, it takes all of 5 seconds. I use the Maintenance Log in the navigation (and my Trip B odometer setting) to keep track of when my next oil change is due.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lexus IS 250 - Oil Maint. Reqd. Light