IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

sewell offering 2011+ LED headlights for $1200

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 10:56 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Legend217
If you bought a loaded set, there is a chance they already cut and trimmed the bumper brackets for you.
I bought the loaded version, but they didn't come with bumper brackets.
Old 03-12-12, 11:02 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have AFS and HID's soooo im so sad to say I wont be joining the fellow LED IS x50's. Cue the music ladies and gentlemen.
Old 03-12-12, 11:05 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
I have AFS and HID's soooo im so sad to say I wont be joining the fellow LED IS x50's. Cue the music ladies and gentlemen.
To be honest the less of you that get this the better for me come time for me to sell my set whenever I trade in the car or sell the car
Old 03-12-12, 11:06 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I bought the loaded version, but they didn't come with bumper brackets.
maybe the NON HID headlights brackets are a little different with the one AFS and HID headlights one? when I installed my HID headlights bracket to the 2011 LEDs headlight I have to saw out the part of the bracket to able to fit on the new one, or maybe the new version headlights are different shape?
Old 03-12-12, 11:15 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CCJ22
To be honest the less of you that get this the better for me come time for me to sell my set whenever I trade in the car or sell the car
If they havent fogged any yet, you may have a customer for the old ones very soon.
Old 03-12-12, 11:18 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ohiois350
maybe the NON HID headlights brackets are a little different with the one AFS and HID headlights one? when I installed my HID headlights bracket to the 2011 LEDs headlight I have to saw out the part of the bracket to able to fit on the new one, or maybe the new version headlights are different shape?
What part of the bracket did you saw out? was it the part below the plastic dome between the two screw holes under the headlight?
Old 03-12-12, 11:26 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
What part of the bracket did you saw out? was it the part below the plastic dome between the two screw holes under the headlight?
the part that hit the leds dust cover between the two screws, even that the third screw didn't line up too? I have to use the flat washer to hold the third screw in place make sure that bracket sag?
Old 03-12-12, 04:32 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0126
2007 sedan. No verts in 2007!
Im vouching for greg i seen his pics of the install and everything mounted right in with no problems...
Old 03-12-12, 07:01 PM
Lenscap2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mong
sometime this week.. I'm gonna let my friend disable my DRL with his techstream device cause no dealer will disable it for me. Will also try to disable the AFS without disabling the auto leveling. Wish me luck!
The dealer should turn off the DRL. It's listed in the owner's manual as one of the personalized settings. Most dealers in my area will change the settings for free the first year, and charge $50 after that.

If the dealer says it's a safety issue, show them the RX has a switch on the light stalk where you can turn it off yourself. And mention cars like Infiniti that do not have DRLs. There is no law here requiring them.
Old 03-12-12, 07:05 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to the dealer today to switch off the DRL. At first the service adviser said it wasn't possible but I persisted. Once he found out that he was wrong he said it would cost me a half hour of labor (LOL yea right, I could see my car from the lounge area and the guy was only there for 10 minutes, and that's being very generous).

In the end they did it free of charge and the LEDs look much better with the DRLs off.
Old 03-12-12, 07:07 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I really, really was about to pull the trigger on these (I love the LEDs) but didn't. And then just this weekend I had to drive up to a cabin in the mountains at night after work. So it was literally about 90 minutes of between 20-45mph twisties - in complete dark - on roads I had never traveled... And the first time I had seen the AFS in action... And the stock lights are freaking amazing! Between the AFS and the auto-leveling this was the single best headlight experience in my near 40-year old life. So while I love seeing the LEDs, I'm no longer considering this. The AFS was just too awesome for me to get rid of, I didn't need the fog lights or hi-beams which is saying a lot. But if you never hit the twisties at night then the 11+ headlights are definitely awesome.
Old 03-12-12, 08:17 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

I just installed my headlights and since nobody else posted pictures of their modified bumper brackets, I took some photos of mine.

Last edited by NimaM; 03-12-12 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added description
Old 03-12-12, 09:03 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0126
I went to the dealer today to switch off the DRL. At first the service adviser said it wasn't possible but I persisted. Once he found out that he was wrong he said it would cost me a half hour of labor (LOL yea right, I could see my car from the lounge area and the guy was only there for 10 minutes, and that's being very generous).

In the end they did it free of charge and the LEDs look much better with the DRLs off.
other then turning off the DRL.. did you do anything else while you were there at the dealer?(oil change etc)
Old 03-12-12, 09:22 PM
Traxxer
Rookie

I'm also very interested in purchasing these headlights. I currently own an 09 with halogen so I'd have to get the loaded set. My only concern is in regards to the brightness of the LEDs during the night. Does anyone feel like they're too bright? My second concern has to do with the warranty. Do you folks know if installing these would void it?
Old 03-12-12, 09:24 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxxer
I'm also very interested in purchasing these headlights. I currently own an 09 with halogen so I'd have to get the loaded set. My only concern is in regards to the brightness of the LEDs during the night. Does anyone feel like they're too bright? My second concern has to do with the warranty. Do you folks know if installing these would void it?
Dont know about the LED brightness, as mine are in transit. However I doubt warranty would be voided due to the fact that they are OEM lexus headlights

Quick Reply: sewell offering 2011+ LED headlights for $1200