IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 stereo problem Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 04:04 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,515 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Originally Posted by isfdude
I found out why this happens. Look at my other thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9979830

^^ Nice find and very deceiving if timing is off and compartment is dry....

For others where this is not the problem and you suspect shorts to any of the speakers, disconnect the Ouput and OHM each speaker for proper continuity. Now repeat this process on both wires while using the chassis for one lead. If there is a short you can trace the location and only disassemble the area needed vs the whole car wondering which speaker is at at fault.

Of course, if the thing works and has no audio output from a specific channel, ohming the path from the amp to the speaker will give you added information like IF it is shorted....
Old 09-16-17, 12:01 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by isfdude
I found out why this happens. Look at my other thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9979830
Nice find. Thanks.
Old 01-04-18, 06:24 PM
MrMartin79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, do you jave the amp wiring specs (ground, 12v, remote, etc etc) for hooking up an aftermarket amp??
Old 11-06-19, 01:25 AM
Zinlioren
3rd Gear

i bought a 2007 IS 350 in late 2013. The navigation digitizer went bad at some point last year and i haven't been able to find a time to fix it (already ordered the part will do it soon), and now the audio system only has sound coming out on driver side, nothing on the passenger side. Tried to play a stereo test on youtube through aux port, and the right speakers doesn't have any sound at all. I do have the upgraded Lavinson system and I'm willing to buy a used lavinson amp if the amp is causing it. Hope someone here had the similar problem or can tell me if its the problem of the amp or not.
Old 11-06-19, 05:13 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinlioren
i bought a 2007 IS 350 in late 2013. The navigation digitizer went bad at some point last year and i haven't been able to find a time to fix it (already ordered the part will do it soon), and now the audio system only has sound coming out on driver side, nothing on the passenger side. Tried to play a stereo test on youtube through aux port, and the right speakers doesn't have any sound at all. I do have the upgraded Lavinson system and I'm willing to buy a used lavinson amp if the amp is causing it. Hope someone here had the similar problem or can tell me if its the problem of the amp or not.
I'm not an expert but it didn't sound like it's the amp. Have you tried to see if any speaker wires are disconnected? Also check the fuses. Also may sound dumb but look in the enfotainment settings and make sure it's not set to driver side only.

In my case, no sound was coming out so I bought a used amp from a wreaked low mileage IS350 and it's been working since. Good luck!
Old 11-06-19, 09:33 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinlioren
When it comes to other members amps failing, it usually completely fails allowing for ZERO audio to be played. Could you have a rare case where only the driver's side outputs are working...sure. But before assuming that is the case, look in and around and under your existing amp testing for moisture. This is the usual culprit.

Assuming you've not messed with removing and reinstalling the headunit in your car, that would negate any possibly of the headunit connectors being disconnected.

Let us know what you find in that amp compartment.
Old 11-06-19, 12:37 PM
Zinlioren
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Gville350
When it comes to other members amps failing, it usually completely fails allowing for ZERO audio to be played. Could you have a rare case where only the driver's side outputs are working...sure. But before assuming that is the case, look in and around and under your existing amp testing for moisture. This is the usual culprit.

Assuming you've not messed with removing and reinstalling the headunit in your car, that would negate any possibly of the headunit connectors being disconnected.

Let us know what you find in that amp compartment.
Thanks for your help
lexus dealership actually did a removal of the head unit last year, but I declined the head unit replacement repair due to bad digitizer. I can’t recall if the problem occurred right after that. Do you recommend me to replace the digitizer first and check out the radio connections before moving onto the amp? I’m wondering if it’s possible that the sound tune is set all the way to the left, but I assume if that’s the case all left and right channel audios will be played on left side, in my case, all the sounds from right side aren’t playing at all.
If removing the head unit n replace the digitizer is my first step, what exactly do I need to look for when it comes to radio connections?
Would you ever commend me to just drop it at a car audio shop and let them figure it out? the maximum spending I can go is 500.
ill probably replace the digitizer first then if tune is set right radio connections all good I’ll move on to the amp.
thanks again
Old 11-08-19, 11:06 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

I would first attempt to fix the headunit and double-check that every connector is securely fastened to it. That way you can for sure check that the balance is centered. But you can also try putting a hair dryer or heat gun to the amp to see if that helps.
Old 03-29-20, 02:48 PM
Megyesi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luc2
Lexus IS250awd 2009 with only 37,000 miles.
The battery has been replaced two years ago.
I have a radio problem, every few days, when I put the ignition 'on' or start the engine even when the radio button is 'off ' I hear two loud low frequency thumps noises in the speakers located in the rear view window area followed by total radio silence, and if I try to turn on the radio I end up with no sound at all. Note that I can change radio channels or FM bands but with no audio output.The Lexus dealer told me probably I will have to replace the radio amplifier (1640$ cdn ouch...). I am surprise that the amplifier could be the problem, because when this problem doesn't happen the radio can play for hours without any glitches even at a loud volume. When this happen even turning off the engine and restarting won't solve the problem, sometimes it takes half an hour before restarting the engine or the ignition will finally bring back sound output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
regards
Read the comment above yours. It is the vent right next to your amp. That vent either needs replaced of closed off. Moisture gets in thru this vent and messes the amp up. If the amp isn’t functioning you won’t get any sound at all but everything else functions correctly. Been having this issue for a bit just haven’t had a chance to do more than stuff a towel down by the vent. Once that towel gets wet then back to the same issue. Taking things apart and sealing that vent tomorrow.
Old 03-30-20, 04:45 AM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I have become a victim of the bad vent.
I have checked the right lower hole for dampness and it was never wet.
my radio stopped working and I knew exactly what it was. I bought a used amp and all works again.
I removed the vent and the rubber flap was gone.
I blocked the hole until I get a new vent.
Old 03-26-22, 08:02 AM
isruss
Driver School Candidate

Default Is250 speaker problem

Hey i dont know if anyone is dealing with the radio turning on but speakers not working problem anymore but i had this problem a couple times on my 2006 is250 where it would work on nice days and days where it would rain and be wet it wouldn't work so the problem is actually quite easy to fix. If you locate your amp in the trunk remove the wiring harness amd remove the amp itself you will see a vent that was put there to i guess cool the amp down but over the years it deteriorates and water or moisture gets into the amp from this vent and doesnt allow sound to come out speakers, so what i did was open the amp up and used a hair dryer on low to dry the amp for about 15 minutes and with strong duct tape i covered the vent but left a small opening so air can still get thru and put everything back together and your speakers should work again. At least it worked for me and I haven't had the problem since.
Old 03-25-23, 11:20 AM
Hiuuuu
1st Gear

Default Figured out how to solve

Listen, this may not work for all the models but I wouldn’t see why not. I’ve been dealing with the problems for YEARS. I will say I never switched out the filters in the trunk but I did work on them.

if this happens again try turning the car on and turning the audio on and off (PWR•VOL. I sometimes spam it until it turns back on but it Shoukd work. Keep car running. It works every time with me no matter how bad it rained. I hope this helps.