IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewell Lexus Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-12, 01:54 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sab504
...How do I contact you to fix this? Contact me on how you can help me resolve this problem.
...have any suggestions on how we might fix this?

Darrel
Old 03-13-12, 02:18 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sewell
...have any suggestions on how we might fix this?

Darrel
I dont know what to tell you Darrel. Obviously on top of my head I still want the kit, but in the correct color that was ordered. I just contacted sewell and they told me you were out for the day. If you can please contact me whenever you have a chance so we can resolve this matter. I left my information with the person I spoke to. I just want the correct parts ordered. Nothing more, nothing less..

John
Old 03-13-12, 04:49 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

look deeper into the kit and see if there is any PEARL flakes in the paint if so...then u received star fire pearl(which i believe they sold out a long long time ago)
Old 03-13-12, 04:57 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by All4sho350
look deeper into the kit and see if there is any PEARL flakes in the paint if so...then u received star fire pearl(which i believe they sold out a long long time ago)
I saw the code 074 and looked it up on the internet. It turns out that color is Glacier Frost Mica. I went to look at a glacier frost mica car and it looks similar to the paint I receive. My final verdict is that I receive a glacier frost mica paint instead of crystal white like I had ordered.

I also PMed Darrel. Hopefully he can have a resolve soon. No replies yet so still waiting to see what hes going to do.
Old 03-13-12, 08:23 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im sure he will send you new parts and you can mail back the ones you have with the return shipping labels they provide. i got the wrong sills once and they took care of me pretty quickly at no additional cost to me.
Old 03-13-12, 08:26 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Does it say 074 (GFM) on the invoice as well?
Old 03-13-12, 08:43 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sango
Does it say 074 (GFM) on the invoice as well?
Nope. Invoice is 062.

Originally Posted by robertrios
im sure he will send you new parts and you can mail back the ones you have with the return shipping labels they provide. i got the wrong sills once and they took care of me pretty quickly at no additional cost to me.
I sure hope so. Still waiting patiently for a resolve on this unfortunately. No word from Sewell yet.
Old 03-14-12, 06:38 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... Still waiting patiently for a resolve on this unfortunately. No word from Sewell yet.
Sorry John, at 10:43pm I was asleep. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond more quickly

As for you telephone call, you spoke with one of our parts managers. The message relayed to me just minutes ago eluded to something like a lapse in judgment and you installed them anyway and that you have already sent me pictures (Sorry, I have received any pictures of the 3 GFX components other than the two posted in this thread). Because of this, the conversation was felt to be best handled in the medium we're already involved.

For the your GFX, the color processed and shipped was 062 Crystal White. The 074 code on the back you're referring to is the original color on the GFX we used to ship. It was this or a 3R1 part or even an 8R6. You're welcome to continue debating whether or not the color received was anything else but 062.

Here's what we are dealing with. You ordered a part in a specific color. You received the parts in good condition. You installed the parts. After the installation you (and others) see a difference in hue/color/shade.

Well, a quick fix is simply paint all three GFX components and ship to you again,
...but what if it's the wrong hue/color/shade again?

We could allow you to return the parts for a refund,
...but now you presumably have holes in your front and rear bumpers.

You could seek the additional services of your local body shop to blend the paint as it's commonly done on other components,
...but now there's the additional expense for paint from a 3rd party.

In our attempt to help which of these options which do you (and the others with opinions) would feel best we implement?

Darrel
Old 03-14-12, 09:57 AM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

Ok, so I ordered a full gfx kit from Sewell knowing their good rep and that everything usually comes through. Well I contacted them last week and still havent had a response regarding my gfx kit paint. I received the parts in good condition, but the paint is totally from my car's paint color. I know through the years that the color changes a little, but not that off from what I received. The kit looks like starfire pearl or something. I have crystal white paint (062 code), but it does not match at all. I'll take a pic tomorrow. If anyone has any info on how to contact sewell, please reply to this thread or PM me. I am very frustrated cause I just spent almost a grand for this thing and havent receive any response from our good friend Sewell.
Crytal White 062
Front - 08154-53830-A0
Side - 08150-53840-A0
Rear - 08150-53840-A0

Glacier Frost Mica 074
Front - 08154-53830-A1
Sides - 08150-53840-A1
Rear - 08158-53830-A1

Are the other parts 062 or 074 color? Sides n rear

I would go with this option - Well, a quick fix is simply paint all three GFX components and ship to you again,

Make sure they pick up the tab for items you're returning, if any.

Last edited by IZZO2FIZZO; 03-14-12 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-14-12, 11:09 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sewell
Sorry John, at 10:43pm I was asleep. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond more quickly

As for you telephone call, you spoke with one of our parts managers. The message relayed to me just minutes ago eluded to something like a lapse in judgment and you installed them anyway and that you have already sent me pictures (Sorry, I have received any pictures of the 3 GFX components other than the two posted in this thread). Because of this, the conversation was felt to be best handled in the medium we're already involved.

For the your GFX, the color processed and shipped was 062 Crystal White. The 074 code on the back you're referring to is the original color on the GFX we used to ship. It was this or a 3R1 part or even an 8R6. You're welcome to continue debating whether or not the color received was anything else but 062.

Here's what we are dealing with. You ordered a part in a specific color. You received the parts in good condition. You installed the parts. After the installation you (and others) see a difference in hue/color/shade.

Well, a quick fix is simply paint all three GFX components and ship to you again,

We could allow you to return the parts for a refund,
...but now you presumably have holes in your front and rear bumpers.

You could seek the additional services of your local body shop to blend the paint as it's commonly done on other components,
...but now there's the additional expense for paint from a 3rd party.

In our attempt to help which of these options which do you (and the others with opinions) would feel best we implement?

Darrel

sounds to me like darrell steps up to the plate once again, props to you sir

this is why regardless of what many people want to say about sewell's communication and time frames, I will continue shopping with them.
Old 03-14-12, 05:05 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
sounds to me like darrell steps up to the plate once again, props to you sir

this is why regardless of what many people want to say about sewell's communication and time frames, I will continue shopping with them.
I heard many good things about Sewell and that is the main reason why I even considered them in the first place. Right now we still havent come up with a solution yet, but hopefully in the next day or two we can find something and fix this. This is really stressing me out though and it shouldnt because modding a car should be "fun".
Old 03-16-12, 12:24 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Darrel is a stand up guy. we are now working on a solution to fix this and hopefully everything will be how I wanted. Thanks Sewell. Please close thread admin