IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

33 miles for road test during service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-12, 11:12 AM
AmirLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
I dont know about your car being "raped" but I have seen instances that techs will have to drive the vehicle for an extended amount of time to get the rattle to "come out" how many times have you gone in then the service rep says they didnt hear anything. I feel like you guys on here have to give the dealership credit sometime. I dont know why everyone's first reaction is to run to the manager...

would you rather return the car in after a couple of days for that same rattle and be irritated? say how could you not hear it!? or have them make sure they found the rattle and fixed it right the first time?

... smh its an IS350.. not an LFA for god sake! they've got 10 more in the back of service and I can imagine 1/2 the staff drives lexus' too!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lexus of Englewood?
33 miles. lol thats a pretty funny thing to complain about IMO. they put 300 on mine (considering it was there for 5 weeks). Im sure they went down to the shore and back lol. Hopefully they had fun.

Last edited by AmirLexus; 03-14-12 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-14-12, 11:55 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Reminds me of when an Evo VIII owner monitored what the Mitsu dealership did to his EVO while in the garage for service. What they didn't know was that he had a hidden data logger, and the logs showed that the techs ripped that thing up and down while in the dealers possession. Needless to say, people got fired.
Old 03-14-12, 12:28 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you were buying the 350 is another story but... you're not. Is a lease.. just let it go.
Old 03-14-12, 01:42 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

dont talk to the service manager, try talking to lexus corporate and they will problem do something about it because lexus cares about customer service.
Old 03-14-12, 02:08 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bring it up to the manager... perhaps it's a mis-understanding.

If it's something out of the ordinary, a good manager will call out the tech on it and grill him for answers. The next time you bring your car in, they'll know that you pay attention to that kind of stuff and leave your car alone.
Old 03-14-12, 04:13 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LIS350A
So they actually called me to see if I was satisfied with the service and I told them that it was excessive and suspicious. He told me they often have to drive MORE than that to duplicate rattles.

Isn't the rattle a known issue? Besides I drive less than 2 miles to work and hear it all the time.

He told me it wasn't a joy ride because the technician that had my car was mature, married (irrelevant?!) and their Team Leader.

He offered me 2 gallons of gas. How insulting?!

The conversation was going no where...he just kept saying he wanted to give me a courtesy call and his door is always open if I want to discuss anything.

This was the Service Manager, btw.

Should I contact Lexus directly or just let it go?
If he is married, there you have it!!
Tech: Hi honey
Wife: Hello baby
Tech: I have a ride to come home for lunch.
Wife: You mean, you have a customer's car to take me to the market, so I can make you lunch.
Tech: You know it honey. This one is faster. I will be home sooner.
Wife: Be careful baby. You don't want to get another flat tire and another speedy ticket with your customer's car.
Tech: Don't worry. It isn't my car anyway.
Old 03-14-12, 06:39 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
I dont know about your car being "raped" but I have seen instances that techs will have to drive the vehicle for an extended amount of time to get the rattle to "come out" how many times have you gone in then the service rep says they didnt hear anything. I feel like you guys on here have to give the dealership credit sometime. I dont know why everyone's first reaction is to run to the manager...

would you rather return the car in after a couple of days for that same rattle and be irritated? say how could you not hear it!? or have them make sure they found the rattle and fixed it right the first time?

... smh its an IS350.. not an LFA for god sake! they've got 10 more in the back of service and I can imagine 1/2 the staff drives lexus' too!
extended periods of time? u mean a dealership service center who deals with all types of problems every day for 6 days a week dont know which bumpy roads, streets, fwys to take in order to duplicate the customer's problem is given a free "road testing" pass? ridiculous. if the tech is unable to duplicate the problem within the first 3miles what makes u think its gonna take another 30? in this case the tech shouldve called u and had both of u go for a ride to duplicate the problem.

this has happen to me where 27miles was put on mysteriesly. i let my SR and the manager know about it and ever since the max miles put on my car when i take it in for recalls/service is 3 at most.
Old 03-14-12, 07:19 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

So they actually called me to see if I was satisfied with the service and I told them that it was excessive and suspicious. He told me they often have to drive MORE than that to duplicate rattles.

Isn't the rattle a known issue? Besides I drive less than 2 miles to work and hear it all the time.

He told me it wasn't a joy ride because the technician that had my car was mature, married (irrelevant?!) and their Team Leader.

The conversation was going no where...he just kept saying he wanted to give me a courtesy call and his door is always open if I want to discuss anything.

That team leader thing is bull****. Mine told me the same thing.......well their team leader couldn't speak english according to the ticket.
Old 03-14-12, 08:11 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

lol, 2 gallons of gas? I expect he'll say all those bs but didn't expect that. If he said next time you come in it would be full tank of gas, I'll be happy with that -- even if he didn't offer anything, I'll probably be ok with it and just let it go. But that's kinda insulting.

Does the dealership give a survey card at the end? The one I go to always do, and you can complain when not happy with the service for any reason. As for contacting Lexus, if it makes you feel better, then yes :-) I'm sure Lexus will take notice if a lot of people complain about a particular dealership (even if is for [what some people might consider as] small things).
Old 03-14-12, 10:08 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Just get a dashcam installed on your car, you can even watch them work on ur car.
Old 03-15-12, 06:57 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Yea 33 seems excessive. I would just bring it up like you already did to make them aware that you notice these things and they won't do it again. I should look at my invoices see how many miles they put on my car ”/. My car isn't really special/rare to the dealership I go so it shouldn't be to many.
Old 03-15-12, 07:20 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ugh I knew it...350s are rare around here and I've never seen an F sport in this area. ...

My baby feels so violated!
ahhh...you should feel proud, not violated.
Imagine how attractive and sexy your car is, and inviting that the service person could not resist, even at the risk of getting fired.
Old 03-15-12, 08:41 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AmirLexus
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lexus of Englewood?
33 miles. lol thats a pretty funny thing to complain about IMO. they put 300 on mine (considering it was there for 5 weeks). Im sure they went down to the shore and back lol. Hopefully they had fun.
My car is going for road tests today after having 3 recalls and leaking coolant pipe under the thermostat. I would hope the test drive would be more then 5-10 mile on rt 4.

He has his serviced at Prestige in ramsey.
Old 03-15-12, 10:20 AM
LIS350A
Driver

Originally Posted by chikoo
ahhh...you should feel proud, not violated.
Imagine how attractive and sexy your car is, and inviting that the service person could not resist, even at the risk of getting fired.
No! My car IS sexy (especially with me in it ) but it's for MY use.
I expect my seat to be moved but they even adjusted the lumbar so someone got REAL comfy in my car and that makes me very uncomfortable NOT proud!
Old 03-15-12, 10:23 AM
LIS350A
Driver

Originally Posted by mixa86

He has his serviced at Prestige in ramsey.
Actually, I'm a She

Quick Reply: 33 miles for road test during service?