IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

33 miles for road test during service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-12 | 01:45 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LIS350A
No, I have not heard from the dealership after the initial conversation. I did call Lexus Corporate and make a complaint.
You did the right thing.... 33 miles is a bit excessive for the work you had done...

My question.... How long was your car at the dealership for the listed work???

It's approx. 1 hr & 23 mins worth of driving, with an average speed of 40 mph..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-27-12 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-27-12 | 06:46 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You did the right thing.... 33 miles is a bit excessive for the work you had done...

~ Joe Z
I'm glad your intake is better than your math! 33 miles at 40mph = 49.5 mins of driving.
Old 03-27-12 | 08:01 PM
DonYojan
Driver

May be it was a rattle hard to duplicate I don't see a Lexus tech joyriding your car... Some issues are hard to duplicate and in order to warrantee the item or concern it requires several test drives before and after the repair to make sure it is fixed (; have more faith in your neighborhood friendly Lexus tech lol
Old 03-27-12 | 10:44 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LIS350A
Hey guys,
I just picked my car up from the dealer and they put 33 miles on it. Is that normal? It's a lease so I watch every mile.

I brought it in to have the DRLs shut off, my TPMS light was on and had a rattle by the odometer reset button.

The DRLs require no test drive, the TPMS was just on the 2nd setting and switched back to the main setting. For the rattle, they insulated the "gauge cluster lens and bezel" according to my paperwork.

Does any of this require test driving it for 33 miles?

I have a 350 F sport that everyone seemed to be gathering around and asking me about. I don't want to know they just took it out for a cruise ya know?

Thanks!
Lisa
There's a 2nd/ Main switch for the TPMS? I was looking at my 350 and didn't see one, unless its exclusive to the 350 FSport. Sometimes the TPMS does have to be driven to reset from the sensor to the computer that reads the sensors though.
Old 03-28-12 | 05:33 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by panda08
There's a 2nd/ Main switch for the TPMS? I was looking at my 350 and didn't see one, unless its exclusive to the 350 FSport. Sometimes the TPMS does have to be driven to reset from the sensor to the computer that reads the sensors though.
Nope, it's on all models.

It's one of the things you can change using the multi-switch... (the thing to the lower left of the steering wheel that looks like <0> )
Old 03-28-12 | 07:56 AM
LIS350A
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z

~ Joe Z
24 hours. I wanted to wait for the car because I did not want a loaner but they insisted that they need to take the dash apart for the rattle (this was before I even brought my car in). So I dropped it off on a Monday evening and picked it up Tuesday evening.
Old 03-28-12 | 07:58 AM
LIS350A
Driver

Originally Posted by DonYojan
May be it was a rattle hard to duplicate I don't see a Lexus tech joyriding your car... Some issues are hard to duplicate and in order to warrantee the item or concern it requires several test drives before and after the repair to make sure it is fixed (; have more faith in your neighborhood friendly Lexus tech lol
My commute to work is less than 2 miles, I heard it every day. You could just put your hand on the glass and see that it was loose around the odometer reset button.
Old 03-28-12 | 10:02 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
extended periods of time? u mean a dealership service center who deals with all types of problems every day for 6 days a week dont know which bumpy roads, streets, fwys to take in order to duplicate the customer's problem is given a free "road testing" pass? ridiculous. if the tech is unable to duplicate the problem within the first 3miles what makes u think its gonna take another 30? in this case the tech shouldve called u and had both of u go for a ride to duplicate the problem.

this has happen to me where 27miles was put on mysteriesly. i let my SR and the manager know about it and ever since the max miles put on my car when i take it in for recalls/service is 3 at most.
My 350 had a problem where if I somewhat hard cornered, all of the lights would flash, the car would ding and all of the doors would unlock. This would ESPECIALLY happen every time I went up this incline to a grocery store. So when I took it to Lexus, they had me drive it with the tech in the car and I went to that specially incline. But wait.. when I went up the incline, the problem couldn't replicate. I tried 5 times and it didn't replicate. I tried other places, and nope.

It's the same thing when I take it to my mechanic... I tell him "my brakes are screeching" and we'll go for a test drive and they won't make a peep.

OP -- While 33 miles is a tad excessive, and it's scary to not know how they treated your car, all you can do is ask what happened. I understand that since this is a lease and your mileage is on an allowance, it's disheartening to know 33 of them are gone.

I haven't been really screwed by a dealer... however, I tend to "give them a talk" to know I'm not a stupid girl, I know every piece of my car, and so help me god you don't return it right there will be problems.

Originally Posted by chikoo
so u r a girl. Imagine you getting all dressed up and looking real hot and nobody even took notice, let alone invite you to dinner. Now that would be real violation :-D

I do understand your pain, but take a look from the guys perspective.
Name:  D3lfc.gif
Views: 8
Size:  616.6 KB

"OMG THERE ARE WOMENZ ON THE INTERNET. I MUST LEG HUMP." Seriously, you really bring down the forum with that crap. You are the MAIN REASON why I rarely bring up that I am a girl on this forum.