IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Passgenger Headlight wont turn on.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-12, 07:17 PM
Mancebof
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Passgenger Headlight wont turn on.

So today i was switching my aftermarket hid bulbs from 6k to 5k and everything went swell. The lights to my liking had a very nice color to them in contrast to the 6k that was more of a ugly aqua color. well after i dazed into the light for a few seconds in admiration i shut them off and began to put everything back in place. when i was done and went to move the car the passenger side headlight wouldnt turn on anymore. I tried to put back the old bulbs to see if it was the new bulb that failed but no luck. I switched the ballast out for an extra ballast i had and still no luck. Finally i disconnected the kit and tried the oem halogen bulb and still it would not turn on. I doubt it would be the fuse because the driver side light still works fine. Anyone can help me?
Old 03-13-12, 07:24 PM
chaiyang7
Rookie

I would still check the fuse. but sounds like a electrical problem. my passenger died on me once but it turned out the connecter for the ballast was just loose. Did u do a recheck on wires connectors etc??
Old 03-13-12, 07:31 PM
Mancebof
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chaiyang7
I would still check the fuse. but sounds like a electrical problem. my passenger died on me once but it turned out the connecter for the ballast was just loose. Did u do a recheck on wires connectors etc??
Yeah i eliminated the Kit out of the equation by putting in the halogen bulb. It could be the small wire that has the connector to the bulb that i might of messed up because i cause a small hole on the headlight covers big enough for the wires to come out of but maybe i sandwiched it without knowing and messed it up? il switch that cable out with the driver side one tomorrow when i get a chance to see if thats it. I hate having a tail light out it makes me feel like im in a hoopty.
Old 03-13-12, 08:39 PM
Mancebof
Pole Position

Any other opinions?