IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 09:53 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iRock
wow well I'm no legal expert but if they messed up initially and dont want to rectify the situation properly and be an douch bag.... get your deposit back and walk away and tell them they suck and good luck selling that car.
I had ask for my deposit back and the general manager said its non-refundable. Hes like the only way you will get it back if they sale the car at a better price(he claims they are not making much off this car). He also says if they sell for anything lower, they will use my deposit as an offset. Threatens me by telling me I can contact their attorney if i want. So I told him I guess customer priority is not their #1 concern and he had no respond. Gave me the same reply "I'm not negotiating this, let's just finish up the deal". I had call them last week and asked whats the lowest possible rate they offer, they tell me it's 3.9% for the is350 and how there's never a promo for this model. All they do is bull**** and make up lies, they were curious to how i got 2.11%(credit score about 840). I told them I'm a private client customer with Chase Bank and this is how they take care of vip customers. They asked what if we can match that or do better, my respond was hmm you guys told me lowest you would offer is 3.9% a couple of days ago....
Old 03-17-12, 10:03 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Personally, I'd walk away and forfeit the deposit and salvage a bit of self respect.
Old 03-18-12, 12:53 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Personally, I'd walk away and forfeit the deposit and salvage a bit of self respect.
Hell no. You will forfeit $5000?

If i got treated like that, I would first decline the car. Then try whatever I could to get the deposit back. Call Lexus corp/ owner of the dealership, etc.

Good luck. Sounds like a PITA..
Old 03-18-12, 10:47 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought for a contract to be changed in anyway ( including 108 dollars ) both parties need to agree to changes. If i were you i would call up a few lawyers try to get some free legal advise over the phone. OR do yourself some research and next time you talk to them have more knowledge of the situation you in to make them give you your deposit back. seems like a horrible dealership.
Old 03-18-12, 12:30 PM
Egeiger
Driver

completely sucks what the dealer is doing to you id be furious. ill be following the outcome of this. at this point like you said its not about the 108$ its the principle.
Old 03-18-12, 12:32 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

No question this dealership is off their rocker, but like someone said before...you need to finish the deal, take your car (unless you don't want THAT car anymore) and develope a relationship with another dealer and beat this one up on Yelp, Lexus corp, etc. However, it does sound like they met whatever the required date was in the contracts fine print. Don't let your deposit go, that's just idiotic and stubborn...you let them win if you walk away. Take the car, enjoy it and never recommend or give them any more business in the future. Last thing you want is some stupid legal battle. Ultimately, them losing your business the next time you go to buy a car will hurt them more then them losing this deal. Like someone else said, this is a rare car...they'll move it quick if you don't take it.

Last edited by DexRox512; 03-18-12 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-18-12, 04:02 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

take down the names of all the people youve delt with, and call lexus corp and walk away or take the car either way just make a choice. Dont go back to them for anything nor recommend them to friends. I would have pad the 100 bucks and taken the 1.89 if it was a sign on the line type of thing because it would have saved you money right there. overall its a crappy situation so just end it and move forward. But not matter what call corporate with those names- Lexus Corp and Toyota in general is very responsive. its dealerships and individuals that can sometimes ruin the experience.
Old 03-18-12, 04:19 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nycxazn11
I called them today to see if i can finish up the paper work and pick up the car today. Their respond was no, the car is not prep and they won't issue me a temp plate. The car has been there since thursday, they dont even notify me the car has arrive or even bother to prep to car so i can pick it up asap. They said they dont issue temp plates. The past 3 cars I bought had temp plates for 21 days. My friend bought a 2011 is350 f sport in red, he went in to shop for a car and drove the car home same day with temp plates. So, I go in there to finish the paper work. I tell the finance person I will not be taking a loan from them since I can get 2.11% from my own bank. She claims she can get me 1.89% but i told her I dont mind paying the xx $5 to my bank than rather give u my business. She's going through the #s and she finds an error. The tax was calculated wrong, I live in NYC and I'm buying the car from Long Island so its a diff tax. The difference was $108. I told them I had agreed to this price on the contract and it was your error not mine. My claim was I had told them my offer was for 47k including everything. So she goes get the sales manager, he comes in and tells me he wont negotiate with me at least 10x when i kept telling him it was your mistake and you guys are breaking the contract by adjusting the price. I dont care about the xx $100 but it's the principle. I tell him im buying a 50k car and this is the service you provide. His respond was I dont care just finish up this deal and pick up your car on wed and im not negotiating with you......
I'd call Lexus Corporate first thing tomorrow morning - time to step up and whip out the assault rifle. Explain to them the situation PROFESSIONALLY (don't be angry, don't use curse words; talk about how you're disappointed in Lexus since the dealership is a representation of the company), in detail.

The contract is a legally binding document agreed and signed by BOTH parties for the amount $47,023.50 and only $47,023.50 - no more, no less.
Old 03-18-12, 06:17 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by felixsc300
I'd call Lexus Corporate first thing tomorrow morning - time to step up and whip out the assault rifle. Explain to them the situation PROFESSIONALLY (don't be angry, don't use curse words; talk about how you're disappointed in Lexus since the dealership is a representation of the company), in detail.

The contract is a legally binding document agreed and signed by BOTH parties for the amount $47,023.50 and only $47,023.50 - no more, no less.
Well, I filed a complaint with ny state consumers. Tomorrow, I'll call lexus to complain.
Old 03-18-12, 06:35 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I really think you need to give it up... Sure they aren't bending over backwards for you, but besides the CT you're buying the cheapest sedan Lexus sells. Your car made it there in time per your contract. I feel like this is the first time working with a dealership or without help, because no one has a thrilling experience at a dealership. They're out to get your money and that's generally their goal. They got your sell, and got your car for you, so just be happy you're the owner of a brand new car.
Old 03-18-12, 07:04 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As someone who has worked for customer service as a major shipping company, I'm going to let you know the minute you started complaining about the car being "late" (even though it wasn't), you severed ANY ties you had for them doing anything complimentary for you.

You walked into this deal obviously not reading the fine print NOR going back over their numbers. Had you read the fine print, you would have known that you had NO BASIS for asking for compensation for the car being under 150 days. Had you gone back over their numbers, you would have found the tax discrepancy, and this whole situation would have been avoided. Hindsight is 20/20, but you really need to take some fault on this too. Just enjoy your car and take your business elsewhere.

You're going to need to gain some patience if you are going to mod this car, especially if you're buying things from Japan... sadly, things never come on time!
Old 03-18-12, 08:53 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

They cannot change the contracted agreed upon final out the door price without your consent. Unless the contract states otherwise.
Old 03-18-12, 11:41 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by heyarms
I really think you need to give it up... Sure they aren't bending over backwards for you, but besides the CT you're buying the cheapest sedan Lexus sells. Your car made it there in time per your contract. I feel like this is the first time working with a dealership or without help, because no one has a thrilling experience at a dealership. They're out to get your money and that's generally their goal. They got your sell, and got your car for you, so just be happy you're the owner of a brand new car.
AMEN! Well said.
Old 03-19-12, 04:13 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

I'm surprised the dealership is treating you so poorly this close to delivery. About a month after receiving your car, you'll be receiving a call from Lexus to survey you about your buying experience. Getting high marks on this survey is VERY important to the dealer and it salespeople.
Old 03-19-12, 07:12 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
I'm surprised the dealership is treating you so poorly this close to delivery. About a month after receiving your car, you'll be receiving a call from Lexus to survey you about your buying experience. Getting high marks on this survey is VERY important to the dealer and it salespeople.
I agree! A negative survey costs the dealership AND the salesperson money. There are only 2 chances to improve the treatment you receive from a dealership on a retail sale, and one of them should be taken. One comes before you sign the contract (missed this one), and the other comes with the customer satisfaction survey. Fill it out, and be honest. As described, this sure sounds like a classic example of bad service, and they should be held accountable

With the late delivery no longer an issue, refusing to pay the extra $108 in sales tax seems more like an emotional reaction to poor customer service. That said, the dealership clearly opened the door to voiding the contract! Just take the emotion out of the the thought process while deciding if it's worth the fight. Unfortunately, my guess is that you will decide it isn't. Personally, I tend to be pretty indignant about this kind of thing and I'm usually sorry when I fight it!

It's dealerships that treat people like this that give the entire industry the reputation the have. How slimey!

Quick Reply: 2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met