IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Venting - problem with Englewood Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12, 06:40 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting - problem with Englewood Lexus

So englewood Lexus had my car for a week to do recalls and few warranty work. I get the car back on saturday, and my stupid mistake was not to do a walk around the car. Anyway that evening i come out to my car i notice 2 dings on my fender, with red paint behind it covered up by touch paint. I park in a garage so it was not like someone hit me, as i bend lower i see my side skirt is cracked and damaged (looks like it didnt clear the lift legs when they were puttin on the lift) then iget in my car all my A pillars are greased in mechainc dirt and instead of lowering my headligths they raised them higher!!!!!!!!!! so today i called them, they said to bring the car in on wed morning thats when they got a loaner. My car ging in besides 4 or 5 rock chips had not 1 scratch on it .... .GRRR!
Old 03-19-12, 06:43 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What the heck...are they serious....that calls for a paint job and new body kit...
Old 03-19-12, 06:52 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
What the heck...are they serious....that calls for a paint job and new body kit...
Heck ya!!! he said the tech who was working on my car doesnt sound like he would let something like this happen. hsi very punctual. Im like im not pissed about the damage as im pissed off you didnt contact me and try to cover it up as im a dumb consumer who does not know what is on their car or not.
Old 03-19-12, 06:56 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they asked you to bring the car in to fix it I assume. Why are you on here complaining? I understand that your upset we all would be. Remember there human to. When it took almost a week to get my car back because they couldn't align the bumper properly I didn't complain. You're lucky they are even taking care of it honestly.
Old 03-19-12, 07:09 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

they are not yet taking care of it, they said to bring it back so the servicer manager can see it and figure out waht to do. IF they decide to fix it, they have a loaner available.
Old 03-19-12, 07:28 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iRock
If they asked you to bring the car in to fix it I assume. Why are you on here complaining? I understand that your upset we all would be. Remember there human to. When it took almost a week to get my car back because they couldn't align the bumper properly I didn't complain. You're lucky they are even taking care of it honestly.
His complaints are much more valid than the thread with the guy complaining about his car arriving "late" from Japan because he didnt read the fine print.

This is the reason i steer clear of dealerships to do any kind of work on my car. Sorry OP, hopefully its the last of the recalls so you dont ever have to go back.
Old 03-19-12, 07:38 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow. Hope you get it all fixed (free of charge).
Old 03-19-12, 07:42 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by heyarms
His complaints are much more valid than the thread with the guy complaining about his car arriving "late" from Japan because he didnt read the fine print.

This is the reason i steer clear of dealerships to do any kind of work on my car. Sorry OP, hopefully its the last of the recalls so you dont ever have to go back.
Car being late was the original problem that he was wrong about.

this guy definitely has a reason to be unhappy, but the dealership hasn't even had an opportunity to rectify the situation.
Old 03-19-12, 07:55 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iRock
Car being late was the original problem that he was wrong about.

this guy definitely has a reason to be unhappy, but the dealership hasn't even had an opportunity to rectify the situation.
Well they are going to fix it one way or another when im done with them but thats not the point, point is the tech was to much of a ***** and couldnt admit his own wrong doing and tell his manager about it. i know mistakes happen, but do not play it off like nothing happened because then i lose all trust in that dealership now. If they called me and told me about it and said look we taking care of it i would be a little unhappy but id get over it because they told me and taking reponesbility. Now this is more inconvience to me to bring the car back, take time off from work..
Old 03-20-12, 04:33 AM
donnieS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mixa86
...point is the tech was to much of a ***** and couldnt admit his own wrong doing and tell his manager about it.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the tech didn't tell his manager. Often times, these things are brought up and the person of power will elect to not tell the customer in hopes that the customer doesn't notice the issue immediately and won't or can't associate the damage with the service (it's happened to me in the past). Don't be surprised if the manager plays dumb when asked in this scenario, too.

I'd be concerned that the dealership (tech, manager, and anyone else who might know about it) is trying to slip one past you.

ds
Old 03-20-12, 08:50 AM
Cheesewhiz
Driver School Candidate

Well they are going to fix it one way or another when im done with them but thats not the point, point is the tech was to much of a ***** and couldnt admit his own wrong doing and tell his manager about it. i know mistakes happen, but do not play it off like nothing happened because then i lose all trust in that dealership now. If they called me and told me about it and said look we taking care of it i would be a little unhappy but id get over it because they told me and taking reponesbility. Now this is more inconvience to me to bring the car back, take time off from work..
I agree with you, If the service department just owned up to their mistake then all would be good. It would still suck that you had to wait even longer to get your car back but at least they were honest. Make sure you let them know that you will no longer service your car their because of their dishonesty.
Old 03-20-12, 03:44 PM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cheesewhiz
I agree with you, If the service department just owned up to their mistake then all would be good. It would still suck that you had to wait even longer to get your car back but at least they were honest. Make sure you let them know that you will no longer service your car their because of their dishonesty.
See i was actually recommended to englewood, by friends dad (whos a reputable used car dealer) and he uses them for misc stuff, he personally introduced me to the service consultant, now he kind of looks like butthole in front of my dads friend who does business with him to treat someone he recommends to them.
Old 03-21-12, 01:42 PM
mixa86
Pole Position

quick update:

Dealer is fixing all the issues with the car. THey apologized for the inconvience. I told them i wont be coming back to them anymore, they said what can they do to change my mind. I said maybe 5 free oil changes will get me back in the good spirits about them. THey settled on two free oil changes
Old 03-21-12, 01:53 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

quick update:

Dealer is fixing all the issues with the car. THey apologized for the inconvience. I told them i wont be coming back to them anymore, they said what can they do to change my mind. I said maybe 5 free oil changes will get me back in the good spirits about them. THey settled on two free oil changes
Great news! I'm surprised the dealership compensated you at all.
Old 03-21-12, 02:02 PM
AmirLexus
Rookie

Dang... i should watch out. This is the dealership i use and always recommend to people. Glad they resolved your issue. Thats funny i picked up my car the day u posted this

Quick Reply: Venting - problem with Englewood Lexus