IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Video of new LED mirror covers, window auto up and down, and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-12, 12:45 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Which wire did you tap for the parking lights. Mines only the rear taillights are on.
Old 04-08-12, 09:29 AM
scampbell
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pdf showing you where the turn signal light wires are (the ones that the factory remote uses), I had to get these from TIS since no websites had the correct wires listed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus Parking Light Wiring.pdf (718.3 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by scampbell; 04-08-12 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-08-12, 10:49 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scampbell
I used several wiring diagrams for this, you can get them free from bulldogsecurity.com, audiovox tech services at

http://techservices.audiovox.com/Login.aspx

you have to register for that one but its free, and you can also always buy access to TIS, the toyota information system at

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F,

which is what I had to do to find the correct wires for the factory turn signals, but I can share that info with anybody who wants it via PM or email, just ask if you want it.

As for your list of stuff to buy, that Viper VSS5000 is not actually an alarm system, it is an add on to a viper unit, so if you wanted to use that, you would have to buy that, which allows you to control your alarm (as long as you have the right kind of cell phone reception) as well as a compatible viper alarm/remote start unit like the 5904. For the idatalink module, you will need to purchase an idatalink ADS-AL CA module like this,

http://www.amazon.com/Autopage-ADSAL...3504829&sr=1-1

but it has to be programmed with the right firmware for your car. I bought my idatalink module from a member here on the forum who owns a car audio/electronics shop in chicago, and he hooked me up with a good price and already programmed the unit for me with the right firmware. If you want his info I have it saved on here somewhere, he is the best way to get that unit with everything on it you will need.

The door lock/unlock needs to be hard wired in your drivers door because these cars will not allow your key fob to function on the proximity door unlock while the engine is running. The proximity open will still work if you haven't remote started the car though, just have to make sure you disarm the alarm with the aftermarket remote if it is armed, because that will not disarm automatically when the proximity unlocking happens (obviously). For the window auto down feature, I just programmed the aux 1 output on my viper to do a continuous output for 10 seconds, and hooked the aux 1 wire into the door unlock wire that is hooked up inside the door. And for the window auto up feature, that is an option on the viper units called comfort closure, which you can enable and it does continuous 20 second output on the lock wire that is hooked up in the door, which causes your windows to go up (the window up and down features are there from the factory, you just have to put your actual key in the door lock cylinder and hold it one way or another, this is just taking advantage of that feature)

Yes the trunk pop does work, it is really simple to hook up right behind the trunk popper switch on the dash.

see above for info on the windows going up, that sounds really odd that you have to double tap the start button...who installed it?

thanks, I like em
so when you start your car from viper remote.you only have 45 second to get in and hit the brake and drive away.what if you start the car like 10 minutes .can you still get in and step on the brake and drive away without shut down then engine?

The only thing my after market remote wont do like oem remote as.i have to hit one for driver door and wait 5 second hit another one for unlock all door.i can hit one and unlock all door with my oem remote.i ask installer and he said he cant do that with the after market one.
Old 04-08-12, 12:38 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a pdf showing you where the parking light wires are, I had to get these from TIS since no websites had the correct wires listed.
Those wires are for turn signal and hazard. Did you use diodes to use this wires?
Old 04-08-12, 04:11 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISBU
Those wires are for turn signal and hazard. Did you use diodes to use this wires?
yea that was a typo, i meant to say turn signal, i should have used diodes but i did not, I wanted to use the lights that the factory key fob uses for lock and unlock, and that is the turn signal lights. I had it hooked up before using the DRLs, which are also the parking lights, and it looked really weird.
Old 04-09-12, 01:17 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

yea that was a typo, i meant to say turn signal, i should have used diodes but i did not, I wanted to use the lights that the factory key fob uses for lock and unlock, and that is the turn signal lights. I had it hooked up before using the DRLs, which are also the parking lights, and it looked really weird.
Are your turn signals works normally? By looking at the wiring diagram, you need blocking diodes for the turn signals to work properly.
Old 04-09-12, 06:04 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nicely done...I was like wth..the mirrors look good as well
Old 04-09-12, 07:59 AM
scampbell
Rookie

Are your turn signals works normally? By looking at the wiring diagram, you need blocking diodes for the turn signals to work properly.
yea everything works normally, are you concerned with a current travelling into the remote start unit?
Old 04-09-12, 08:02 AM
scampbell
Rookie

Originally Posted by vboi4life
so when you start your car from viper remote.you only have 45 second to get in and hit the brake and drive away.what if you start the car like 10 minutes .can you still get in and step on the brake and drive away without shut down then engine?

The only thing my after market remote wont do like oem remote as.i have to hit one for driver door and wait 5 second hit another one for unlock all door.i can hit one and unlock all door with my oem remote.i ask installer and he said he cant do that with the after market one.
no, i have 45 seconds once I press unlock on my remote. I can start the car and let it sit and warm up for up to 15 minutes (or however long i want if i change the programming) and then once I press unlock I have 45 seconds to get in and press the brake to shut down the remote start unit. I have messed around with trying to get my viper remote to unlock all doors with one press also, and I have not been able to, I always have to press the damn thing twice.
Old 04-09-12, 09:48 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

no, i have 45 seconds once I press unlock on my remote. I can start the car and let it sit and warm up for up to 15 minutes (or however long i want if i change the programming) and then once I press unlock I have 45 seconds to get in and press the brake to shut down the remote start unit. I have messed around with trying to get my viper remote to unlock all doors with one press also, and I have not been able to, I always have to press the damn thing twice.
Im not sure if it's in the owners manual but you can unlock all the doors with one press. Program the all doors unlock with your factory remote and your viper remote will also unlock all doors. You can do a search on this forum also.
Old 04-09-12, 03:52 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Im not sure if it's in the owners manual but you can unlock all the doors with one press. Program the all doors unlock with your factory remote and your viper remote will also unlock all doors. You can do a search on this forum also.
I have had my factory one set up to open all doors with one push for a while, but my viper will not do it, at least with all the settings I have tried. Do you have an aftermarket unit installed that opens all doors with one push?
Old 04-09-12, 08:12 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

hey scott! steve here ,the one who sold you the idatalink module. my viper unit unlocks all the doors. i am surprised yours did not. i got my doorlock wires in the pass side behind glovebox. maby since you did yours in the dr. door it works different (not sure) but i have been wanting to do aux 1 and 2 seperately to do the windows up and down, but been so busy with the sound system that i keep putting it off! i re did a members ride here on cl with a new viper unit and idatalink module (works flawless of course) someone installed his with a fortin bypass and he as well had no takeover , when he hit the brake the car died! i did his windows up and down as well on aux 1 and 2. he coulnt be happier. im currious when you press lock your windows rool up? with the same door lock wires or are you using aux1 and 2 and linking them.
Old 04-10-12, 07:19 AM
scampbell
Rookie

whats up steve, yeah our door lock wires are in different places since yours is newer, I think they changed it for the 08 and up models. Audiovox and Bulldog both said I had to go into the door to get mine to work properly. Maybe that is the difference in the one press unlock for all doors. I enabled the comfort closure feature on my viper unit, which will output a 20 second timed signal on the lock wire, and since I have my lock wire hooked up in the door at the key cylinder, it allows the comfort closure signal to put the windows up when I lock the car. I am pretty sure if you want to use comfort closure you will have to go into the door for the lock wire instead of behind the glove box.
Old 04-11-12, 02:18 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I have had my factory one set up to open all doors with one push for a while, but my viper will not do it, at least with all the settings I have tried. Do you have an aftermarket unit installed that opens all doors with one push?
I installed the python hd with pkall module. I can unlock all my doors with one press. Have you try this...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-you-know.html
Old 04-11-12, 08:53 AM
scampbell
Rookie

yea that is what i did a long time ago, it works from my factory remote but not from the viper for some reason, what settings do you have the viper set on for the door lock and unlock?

Quick Reply: Video of new LED mirror covers, window auto up and down, and remote start