IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Video of new LED mirror covers, window auto up and down, and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12, 04:38 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video of new LED mirror covers, window auto up and down, and remote start

Just installed my ebay LED mirror covers today, it was more of a pain than I thought it would be. The vid also shows how I hooked up my remote start/alarm to let me roll down all my windows and open sunroof, and to raise them all when I get out and lock the car, as well as the car remote starting and turning back off. Nothing too exciting, just wanted to share, the quality of the mirror covers and paint match was really good, they look factory.

Old 03-19-12, 04:50 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice. How do the touch handles work now? And also is it just get in the car and go once the car is started? I think I remember old threads on remote starts say you have to depress brake pedal and push button or something...

Anddd what remote starter kit is this? Sorry for all the questions, thats what happens being the first post haha
Old 03-19-12, 04:52 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Nicely done Do you have a link to the mirror covers?
Old 03-19-12, 05:10 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Cool. How much that alarm cost?
Old 03-19-12, 05:14 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

yeah what is the price of the alarm with said equipment?
Old 03-19-12, 05:28 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Bump for prices and links
Old 03-19-12, 05:40 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice and your plates are the best part
Old 03-19-12, 05:50 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Originally Posted by heyarms
Nice. How do the touch handles work now? And also is it just get in the car and go once the car is started? I think I remember old threads on remote starts say you have to depress brake pedal and push button or something...

Anddd what remote starter kit is this? Sorry for all the questions, thats what happens being the first post haha
the touch handles work normally, but only if the car is not remote started. They do not work when the remote start has started the car, so you have to hard wire the lock and unlock wires into the door, they are easy to get to though, and yeah i just hit unlock on my viper remote once i am ready to get in, and I have 45 seconds to get in the car and depress the brake, which shuts down the remote start, then you just drive away like normal.

The remote start/alarm is a Viper 5904. I installed it, but I have done quite a few in the past and this car was actually really easy because you dont have to hard wire any of the fat ignition or starter wires, you just hook up three wires behind the start button and that handles all the start and shut down sequences. To do that though you will need an idatalink module.

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
Nicely done Do you have a link to the mirror covers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350023443329...84.m1439.l2649

the sellers name is nabobery if that link expires... I paid the extra $50 to have them paint the covers, they did a good job

Originally Posted by iRock
Cool. How much that alarm cost?
$320 from Amazon

Originally Posted by Silver10
Very nice and your plates are the best part
lol thanks
Old 04-03-12, 05:55 PM
MNIVET
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you use a Wiring Schematic off All-Data-pro or something to figure out what wires to tap in to?
Or did you just use a multi-meter and figure out what wires do what when the ignition/accessories and stuff are turned on?

This thread has seriously motivated me to do this, I just need help figuring out a few more things before I buy this Alarm and install it looking confused... (I'm going to wire it up myself...)

So from what I gather to buy is:
*Viper 5904
But instead, Ill use this: Viper VSS5000
Amazon Amazon
<-- link to alarm
*Idatalink module...
Will this work?
Amazon Amazon
<-- link to transponder bypass...

Anything else that needs to be purchased?

Oh and lastly, to get the window roll up/down to work, and the doors to lock/unlock, what exactly did you tap in to? Easy to figure out?
I DO have access to Alldata, in case your wondering...

Also, if you could, explain why you had to hardwire the doors like you said you did...

Does your trunk pop work on the alarm?

I would really appreciate it if you could enlighten me, because Ill go ahead and buy and install this bad boy right away! haha.

Sorry for all the questions... I'd appreciate help though definitely!

Last edited by MNIVET; 04-03-12 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-03-12, 06:38 PM
Gotti101
Driver School Candidate

Wish i could figure out the combo to put windows back up. My remote start you have to double tap the engine start button prior to foot on break
Old 04-03-12, 06:38 PM
Gotti101
Driver School Candidate

By the way mirrors look hard think im gonna have to get them for myself!
Old 04-03-12, 06:55 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i just got my car install starter and alarm last coupe months.it work great.i also install omega carlink starter from my iphone.it work perfect.anything time i get in the car i have to press button twice and i can shift and drive away.i guess im lucky one i paid like 850$ for evething starter alarm and module start from my phone.my window will close automatic anytime i hit the lock from my phone .i can roll down and up from my oem remote.
Old 04-03-12, 07:10 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Originally Posted by MNIVET
Did you use a Wiring Schematic off All-Data-pro or something to figure out what wires to tap in to?
Or did you just use a multi-meter and figure out what wires do what when the ignition/accessories and stuff are turned on?

This thread has seriously motivated me to do this, I just need help figuring out a few more things before I buy this Alarm and install it looking confused... (I'm going to wire it up myself...)

So from what I gather to buy is:
*Viper 5904
But instead, Ill use this: Viper VSS5000
http://www.amazon.com/Viper-VSS5000-...3501305&sr=1-2 <-- link to alarm
*Idatalink module...
Will this work? http://www.amazon.com/iDatalink-ADST...3501203&sr=8-1 <-- link to transponder bypass...

Anything else that needs to be purchased?

Oh and lastly, to get the window roll up/down to work, and the doors to lock/unlock, what exactly did you tap in to? Easy to figure out?
I DO have access to Alldata, in case your wondering...

Also, if you could, explain why you had to hardwire the doors like you said you did...

Does your trunk pop work on the alarm?

I would really appreciate it if you could enlighten me, because Ill go ahead and buy and install this bad boy right away! haha.

Sorry for all the questions... I'd appreciate help though definitely!
I used several wiring diagrams for this, you can get them free from bulldogsecurity.com, audiovox tech services at

http://techservices.audiovox.com/Login.aspx

you have to register for that one but its free, and you can also always buy access to TIS, the toyota information system at

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F,

which is what I had to do to find the correct wires for the factory turn signals, but I can share that info with anybody who wants it via PM or email, just ask if you want it.

As for your list of stuff to buy, that Viper VSS5000 is not actually an alarm system, it is an add on to a viper unit, so if you wanted to use that, you would have to buy that, which allows you to control your alarm (as long as you have the right kind of cell phone reception) as well as a compatible viper alarm/remote start unit like the 5904. For the idatalink module, you will need to purchase an idatalink ADS-AL CA module like this,

Amazon Amazon

but it has to be programmed with the right firmware for your car. I bought my idatalink module from a member here on the forum who owns a car audio/electronics shop in chicago, and he hooked me up with a good price and already programmed the unit for me with the right firmware. If you want his info I have it saved on here somewhere, he is the best way to get that unit with everything on it you will need.

The door lock/unlock needs to be hard wired in your drivers door because these cars will not allow your key fob to function on the proximity door unlock while the engine is running. The proximity open will still work if you haven't remote started the car though, just have to make sure you disarm the alarm with the aftermarket remote if it is armed, because that will not disarm automatically when the proximity unlocking happens (obviously). For the window auto down feature, I just programmed the aux 1 output on my viper to do a continuous output for 10 seconds, and hooked the aux 1 wire into the door unlock wire that is hooked up inside the door. And for the window auto up feature, that is an option on the viper units called comfort closure, which you can enable and it does continuous 20 second output on the lock wire that is hooked up in the door, which causes your windows to go up (the window up and down features are there from the factory, you just have to put your actual key in the door lock cylinder and hold it one way or another, this is just taking advantage of that feature)

Yes the trunk pop does work, it is really simple to hook up right behind the trunk popper switch on the dash.

Originally Posted by Gotti101
Wish i could figure out the combo to put windows back up. My remote start you have to double tap the engine start button prior to foot on break
see above for info on the windows going up, that sounds really odd that you have to double tap the start button...who installed it?

Originally Posted by Gotti101
By the way mirrors look hard think im gonna have to get them for myself!
thanks, I like em
Old 04-03-12, 07:28 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Nice! How did you get the remote start to work flawlessly? I have Viper 5901 with Flashlogic FLTB2 module. I can remote start the car but I can't turn off the car with the remote. Also, when I remote start the car and the door is unlocked, someone can just walk in and drive off with my car without my remote in range.
Old 04-07-12, 09:33 PM
scampbell
Rookie

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Nice! How did you get the remote start to work flawlessly? I have Viper 5901 with Flashlogic FLTB2 module. I can remote start the car but I can't turn off the car with the remote. Also, when I remote start the car and the door is unlocked, someone can just walk in and drive off with my car without my remote in range.
I just followed the install instructions that came with the idatalink module, sounds like your module might not be the greatest if it allows that to happen, might want to upgrade that.

Quick Reply: Video of new LED mirror covers, window auto up and down, and remote start