IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

warning! jmdtoy drl

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 12:42 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Several members have used iJDMToy's LED DRLs without problems. It's quite obvious that you had a rare product defect, it happens unfortunately.

You should contact them to pursue a refund if you don't want to use their products.
Old 03-23-12, 12:49 PM
ISFJames
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
Several members have used iJDMToy's LED DRLs without problems. It's quite obvious that you had a rare product defect, it happens unfortunately.

You should contact them to pursue a refund if you don't want to use their products.
Couldn't agree more. OP sounds like hes about to pull out all his hair for some cheap faulty light bulbs. Give the company a chance to correct the issue.
Old 03-23-12, 12:55 PM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 232lexus
all u guys make me laugh, so I should have taken another chance to damage my electrical system to c if the other one was bad? ill go do that right now,
Glad you find us funny.

As others have said you should let the company know there is an issue and get your money back. It does not make sense to throw your money in the trash with the broken part.
Old 03-23-12, 01:45 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 232lexus
all u guys make me laugh, so I should have taken another chance to damage my electrical system to c if the other one was bad? ill go do that right now,

If you take a step back to understand no one here is trying to tell you to eff up your car. But good lord, you're talking about electronics here. If you believe that everything made is going to be non-defective, well you're in for a rude awakening.

You have members telling you that they are using the same product, with no issue. Yet you're willing to write off a company due to one unfortuante incident, that happened to you.

What's to say that if they replace it, your item will not work perfect
Old 03-23-12, 02:06 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got iJDMTOY DRL with modules and I never had a problem. Maybe user didn't install it properly..
Old 03-23-12, 02:18 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca
I got iJDMTOY DRL with modules and I never had a problem. Maybe user didn't install it properly..
Old 03-23-12, 02:35 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what did you plug the decoder into? LED DRL bulb or your existing halogen bulb? Why does it sound like you only bought 1 decoder? Anyways, iJDMtoy have decent products, i have used them in the past without any issues just like a lot of other members on here. Once in a while you will have bad luck and run into a defective product but as long as the seller is open to resolving the issue, i dont think it's fair to create an account on forums just to go bash them.
Old 03-23-12, 04:16 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Heckler
Glad you find us funny.

As others have said you should let the company know there is an issue and get your money back. It does not make sense to throw your money in the trash with the broken part.
I agree with Heckler, you work hard for the things you want in life, don't throw it away because it didn't work right the first time. I am sure they will give you a refund and replace it...accidents happen, but it can always be fixed!

If it makes you feel better Nalley Lexus salesman burned my clutch, I really wanted out of my car, but I took the time, emailed the right people and guess what, I am getting a new clutch, flywheel, and release bearing at no cost to me (except a 30K service lolz). Don't just give up my friend, you paid for it, you deserve for the product to work and you deserve good customer service! My few cents of the day

Last edited by SiskoMax77; 03-23-12 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-24-12, 09:17 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thebossac
i have that drl installed for a week, it works fine so far. i also bought a few other led bulbs from them previously, and they work great as well. you should contact the seller.
I had them on for a week, decided to take them off ONLY because I wanted my High Beam functionality back!!!

Originally Posted by brociouz

Read my signature, all my LED bulbs are from them... Interior, reverse, trunk, and I think I have few from them on my buddies Maxima.

Originally Posted by Mesca
Oouuchhh!!! Let's not point the finger...

OP, just contact iJDMtoy so they can correct the issue... tell them how bad your feelings were hurt.
Old 03-24-12, 09:51 AM
helex
Plasti Dip King

I would contact the company and see what they can do for you.

Another thing you could do is disconnect your battery and just touch the pos/neg of the DRL onto the battery and see if the DRL lights up, its isolated from the electrical system of your car so you can troubleshoot the DRL itself without jeopardizing your electrical system.
Old 03-24-12, 11:30 AM
bwl
Driver School Candidate

It's because you matched the wires wrong. Depending on the car, which wires are positive and negatives. The decoder plug also has a positive and negative. You have to match them, so most likely flip the plug upside on the decoder and plug into the car. It happened to me because i matched the +/- wrong and now it's fine. I'm assuming you plugged it in the way that it'll clip together... and then smoke came out... meaning it's matched wrong. So flip the plug upside down and then plug it. Electrical tape it so it stays plugged and you should be good to go. Well, it depends because maybe now your decoder is fried. Mine smoked a little when i plugged it wrong but it works now. Didn't fry it.
Old 03-24-12, 11:42 AM
GSE21tuner
Rookie

The directions that came with mine told me to install the plug upsidedown. Exactly what bwl said above me. I'm assuming the OP installed it without reading the directions/diagrams.
Old 03-24-12, 02:19 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

I can't count the times I've bought lighting from iJDMtoy. Their products are high quality and I've never had an issue. I've had their LED DRL's with the prototype slim decodes for like 5 months now and haven't had any issues. Before you go around talking wax about a company for one faulty piece of equiptment, give it another chance. Lighting mods are tricky. They have great customer service, by the way
Old 03-24-12, 04:49 PM
KeleIS250
Driver

Wow! I thought I wasn't the only one! I had the same damn problem, the decoder started to Smoke up once I turned on my lights... I did complain and they just gave me another decoder. Hopefully this time it wont have a problem.
Old 03-24-12, 06:00 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

hmmmm i had my DRL and interior led bulbs for almost 3 years and only one DRL bulb burnt out recently.. I understand what you're trying to say, but lets put it this way.. you were lucky and smart enough to try them out before you drove off.. you know why, you said you're been around cars for a long time, so you should basically understand there are many defects out there.. Like everyone's trying to say, give it another chance bro. Everyone makes mistakes and we understand you're just mad cause it almost messed up your ride. just my opinion

Quick Reply: warning! jmdtoy drl