IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wald spoiler Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-12, 12:57 AM
Dieselaf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stasis3131
Guys just kill before somebody has a hesifit, if someone wants to go authentic over rep by all means do so. It's America we have choices here. And spending more money on your ride doesn't mean you have more pride in your ride then the next guy spending half as much but his car looks just as good. Spending more money on your ride just means you like to spend money on you car that's all. Some people just spend differently but in the end we are all in the same game (love of cars) You can spend 30k on your car at be end of the day it's still a isx50. Nobody here is above anyone in my book. let's just help the guy get a Wald wing . Rep or authentic it's his choice
+1000000
Old 04-06-12, 01:07 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
True customizer don't care what it cost it more about the build than the return guess you should know that by now with the 45-55% return on your over priced lambo that you can never really drive unless you take it to the track. Build a car from the ground up for a couple years with the out the big pay checks to support it.
That's where you are wrong my friend . If you really knew about cars you would know that a lambo never drops below 60 percent of it's value when taken care of. And you also don't know that you can drive a lambo just as easy a a Lexus. I drive mine more the 750 miles a month. And no problems at all. Hell some of these isx50 in here are lower then my lambo. And if you were misinformed here is a good piece of info for you. only 10 percent of people actually by a exotic car you lease them so you don't feel the depreciation and you lease them in a business name so it's a write off. That's called smart money. And I actually own mine. Just bought it for my 32nd bday in November it's worth 137k average the msrp when new was 198k and I paid 109k so I am way ahead of the curve. And a gallardo is the most affordable exotic you can buy. Most money you spend is on clutches if you don't know how to drive which I do. This is my second lambo and I have done nothing but put gas in the car and change the oil. So know what you are saying before you state it. I prefer to make a sound invest not throw money in the trash. That's how I have gotten to where I am today.

If you want to keep being a so called true customizer go right ahead. That's your choice but buying authentic parts that's look identical to reps don't make you any cooler then the next guy. So don't hate

Now when people buy those rep rims and try to pass them off as authentic.... By getting Ashanti caps and bbs caps I am on bored with you guys. That's silly lol. Just rock the rep . And I buy authentic if the fit is that much better over the rep or the part performs better. In some cases the rep performs better then the authentic or works better for daily use.

But the op has gotten more then what he asked for lol so for the sake of all customizers and true customizers let just all get along and help each other out. ;-)

Last edited by stasis3131; 04-06-12 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-06-12, 01:44 AM
Fanel
Driver School Candidate

So not to step on any more toes, VIP has the authentic one for the best price? Shipping to Aus is what will kill me, suggestios for another company maybe closer?
Old 04-06-12, 02:28 AM
Kauro
Pole Position

I am sure we all have bought something replica in our life. This doesn't make any different. Spoilers, Lip, and any cosmetics part are understandable. Only thing i would buy authentic for cosmetic would be wheels, that's just me cause i have the F-Sport package for cosmetic already.If the shoes fits, wear it!

Also, seems like you don't want to shell out x amount of money for it being shipped. I think getting the replica will save you the headache and money. but be sure to do your research on the eBay Wald replica before purchasing.
Old 04-06-12, 02:34 AM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

I forgot to mention, VIP auto salon is offering special pricing for wald spoiler. I got quoted again recently and the price went up a little bit due to Japan situation. Just pm the vendor for pricing, As for replica, go for ones that people have had experience with so you won't have fitment issues.
Old 04-06-12, 01:19 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you really don't understand after this thread and many othe thread that have discussed this in the past, then maybe the honda forum would be better suited for you is all I'm saying. it more about taking pride in your ride and not throwing just anything on your car just for the sake of modding.
Why must you assume that just because some one has a Honda that they automaticaly rice it out. I for one still own my Honda and my Integra has a lot more done to it and performance wise/handling wise would run circles around most IS250/350 on the forums.

BTW: I'm not butt hurt or anything just wanted to show that not every honda owner does it wrong.
Old 04-06-12, 02:51 PM
Mancebof
Pole Position

Originally Posted by B16da9
Why must you assume that just because some one has a Honda that they automaticaly rice it out. I for one still own my Honda and my Integra has a lot more done to it and performance wise/handling wise would run circles around most IS250/350 on the forums.

BTW: I'm not butt hurt or anything just wanted to show that not every honda owner does it wrong.

This

Coming from a honda that did everything i asked it to do right up to 208k when i sold it i dont take kindly to people down talking honda in this website. Truth is i am happy and privilaged to be a lexus owner and only pray that my IS takes me as far as the Accord did. People on this 2is forum have some sort of complex like they drive a veryon or even a AMG at the very least. We all own a poor mans luxury Vehicle so stop the hate.
Old 04-06-12, 03:04 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, this "it's a Lexus not a Honda bro" argument comes up way too often. Ya, we drive a Lexus (entry level let me remind you), don't be so snotty and prissy.

You know how you hate how M/AMG owners are so cocky and full of themselves? Ya, you're doing the same thing.

One more thin, IBTL!
Old 04-06-12, 03:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

If you really don't understand after this thread and many othe thread that have discussed this in the past, then maybe the honda forum would be better suited for you is all I'm saying. it more about taking pride in your ride and not throwing just anything on your car just for the sake of modding.
swtjlsy, please exit this thread and do not carry this argument forward to other threads.

Guys let's get this thread back on topic of the spoiler and off discussing people in the thread.
Old 04-06-12, 03:36 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol DAmn you guys got Dave involved.. OP just give Clark a call at VIP autosalon.. he's the man for JDM parts and best pricing and arrival timing. VIP autosalon(Clark) been around CL forever and one of the greatest person you will do business with.. i know first hand .. So yea after reading the post on this thread, its kind of silly to decide. Only important part is what you want and willing to spend for yourself. GL
Old 04-06-12, 04:09 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a thread on the fake Wald spoiler in case you missed it OP: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...spoiler-5.html
Old 04-06-12, 04:34 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a fake paid 220 shipped fit fine before I molded it. Cars depreciate, I'm not entering it in any car shows, its my daily, and knock on wood some idiot could back up into my trunk some day so I didn't really care if I have the fake or the real as long as it fits good and looks good

http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal/
Old 04-06-12, 05:05 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

To the OP---

Whether you get a fake or a real one is up to you but keep in mind the following:

Authentic body parts typically fit better than fake parts. Why? With authentic parts, you're typically paying for the original design cost, the molding cost and the quality cost. What I mean by this is how companies actually handle the manufacturing process more than anything. Authentic companies typically only use a mold to make a very small number of body parts. For example with the Wald spoiler, they might only make 5 spoilers per mold. The cost of consistently making new molds gets expensive and the consumer pays for that cost. Knock-off companies typically make a mold based on the authentic part. When you make a mold of a spoiler that's at the end of the initial mold, it's going to be slightly off. Thus the mold is also off. Also, these companies typically make MANY spoilers per mold which far exceed the number of what the mold should have been used for. Result? All successive spoilers are off and get progressively worse.

So the moral? Well when buying authentic, your chances of getting a proper fitting part is significantly greater than a buying a knock-off.

Now here's the kicker: If you decide to simply bolt or tape it on, buying authentic will be better for fitment. If you decide to mold it like many of our members do, then it'll run you about the same as the body shop can shave the knock off to fit better. Keep in mind, some parts such as lips make it difficult to mold so if the part is bad, it might cost you more in the long run just to get it properly molded.

I hope that helps you make your decision

My trunk lip and roof spoiler are replicas while my front lip and side skirts are authentic. All parts have perfect fitment so in the end, it's your luck.

And lastly, do what makes you happy. No reason to squabble over it too long Don't be like me, I squabbled over wheels for so long that the 3IS is already coming out soon LOL