IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fly Audio - "POS" !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-13, 01:17 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Early FlyAudio units for IS models caused the airbag lights in the dash to turn on. FlyAudio updated their wiring harness and that fixed the problem. In my case, the passenger airbag light on the unit itself never worked.

Do you homework and be ready lose the money you're going to spend on POS FlyAudio units. My unit started having problems right after the warranty was over. I took a big loss and let the unit go away with my car when I sold it.
Old 03-17-13, 07:16 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone that is considering buying the FA unit, listen up.

Forget it and save your money, it's not worth it.

I too had problems and was lucky to enough to sell it. Even if it worked as advertised, the price point is ridiculous. The best bet is to buy one of the no name Chinese units for ~$600 if you really want a navi unit. Even at that price, it's not worth it to me. Buy a set of coils or wheels and move on
Old 03-18-13, 08:02 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i have no idea how many of you have has issues with your flyaudio, honestly i think its down to the installer as I never had an issue with mine. Hell I totaled my car and I'm holding on to it incase the IS350 i buy does not have navigation.
Old 03-18-13, 10:11 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Anyone that is considering buying the FA unit, listen up.

Forget it and save your money, it's not worth it.

I too had problems and was lucky to enough to sell it. Even if it worked as advertised, the price point is ridiculous. The best bet is to buy one of the no name Chinese units for ~$600 if you really want a navi unit. Even at that price, it's not worth it to me. Buy a set of coils or wheels and move on
You did turn around eventually.

FA is just not worth the mark up over the generic units available over at alibaba. The generic units have their own set of problems as well, so one is no further ahead, except being less in the hole money wise than if you bought FA. Get a cheap 7" Android tablet with built in GPS and install TomTom on it if you must, cheaper and more reliable.
Old 03-18-13, 01:46 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B16da9
i have no idea how many of you have has issues with your flyaudio, honestly i think its down to the installer as I never had an issue with mine. Hell I totaled my car and I'm holding on to it incase the IS350 i buy does not have navigation.
I don't think I agree with you on relating all problems with Flyaudio to installers and installaion. FlyAudio doesn't even provide installation instructions with the unit other than photos online.The unit itself has multiple software issues and it is just a glorified cheap POS Chinese product that doesn't last much. There are many owners with hardware problems including myself. One common problem is the sd card reader not working. In my case, the USB port stopped working in warm days and cause the unit to freeze.

Last edited by NimaM; 03-18-13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-19-13, 07:51 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I don't think I agree with you on relating all problems with Flyaudio to installers and installaion. FlyAudio doesn't even provide installation instructions with the unit other than photos online.The unit itself has multiple software issues and it is just a glorified cheap POS Chinese product that doesn't last much. There are many owners with hardware problems including myself. One common problem is the sd card reader not working. In my case, the USB port stopped working in warm days and cause the unit to freeze.
I guess I'm one of the few that had no issues what so ever with my unit.