IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looks like someone tried to break in

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 07:02 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looks like someone tried to break in

and now my front passenger door sticks out a little (as seen in picture). Is there any way to fix this besides a new door? Pretty pissed because I park on a Navy base...

Old 04-24-12, 07:15 PM
Boostd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it dented in? Hard to tell. What kind of mutts do stuff like this.
Old 04-24-12, 07:20 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

The first pic shows how the two doors don't sit flush. Like if you looked at it from the back, you can see the top corner sticking out. The two other pics show pry marks.
Old 04-24-12, 07:39 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Where this happened, are they insured? Some state, city property (parking lots) are insured for incidents of this nature. Maybe you can file a claim (vandalism).
Old 04-24-12, 08:14 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Depending on if your insurance will cover or not here is what I have done in the past to a door that stuck out like yours. If insurance will cover do nothing if they don't roll the window down and open the door, either have someone hold the door by the main part of the door while you pull on the top of the window frame near the rear edge. Do this just hard enough to make it flex a little towards the car. Now close the door and see how it looks. If need be do it again till you get it where you want it. A little at a time only you don't want to make it worse. I've done this with truck doors that leaked air and water by sitting on the seat with my feet on the door and pulling the top of the window frame till you get it right and truck doors are a lot stronger than the IS doors.
Old 04-24-12, 08:20 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Not sure where this happened exactly. I noticed it when I was walking to my car in the Navy Commissary parking lot.

Originally Posted by jgr7
Depending on if your insurance will cover or not here is what I have done in the past to a door that stuck out like yours. If insurance will cover do nothing if they don't roll the window down and open the door, either have someone hold the door by the main part of the door while you pull on the top of the window frame near the rear edge. Do this just hard enough to make it flex a little towards the car. Now close the door and see how it looks. If need be do it again till you get it where you want it. A little at a time only you don't want to make it worse. I've done this with truck doors that leaked air and water by sitting on the seat with my feet on the door and pulling the top of the window frame till you get it right and truck doors are a lot stronger than the IS doors.
I'll give it a shot!
Old 04-24-12, 11:35 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by jgr7

+1 Roll down the window, have someone hold the lower part of the door. Push on top to bend it back into position. Bend it a little and close the door to check, after every bend till you get it to where it needs to sit.

As for the key marks you can hide it with touch up paint. If the scratches are deep you can grab 320-600 grit sand paper to smooth out before applying the touch up.
Old 04-25-12, 04:53 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F'n Dirtbags.....
Old 04-25-12, 05:26 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you get a report from PMO because you will end up needing a police report anyways... I would walk down to the MP office and explain your situation....
Old 04-25-12, 09:43 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kingster
Where this happened, are they insured? Some state, city property (parking lots) are insured for incidents of this nature. Maybe you can file a claim (vandalism).
Since this occurred on base, chances are VERY slim the facility would carry any form of insurance to protect against 3rd party vandalism claims.
Old 04-25-12, 09:50 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

this happened to me too , someone tried to open my door with a screw driver Name:  censored.gif
Views: 411
Size:  217 Bytes

...but i don't know where -_-
Old 04-25-12, 10:02 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

don't understand why people would do things like this -.- like why?!
Old 04-25-12, 10:14 AM
k3u
Driver School Candidate

I hate people like this. They're just jealous that you have nice looking car. No worries, karma will get them. (:
Old 04-25-12, 10:18 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

a guy told me a funny story that he was sitting in back of his truck drinking with 5% window tint and while he was getting wasted someone tried to break in his car... he pulled out his 38 and rolled the window down and said " get the **** on the floor scumbag" lmao called the police and then he explained to them why he has tinted windows... officer then said if you ever get a window tint ticket call me and i'll have it dimissed...
Old 04-25-12, 10:25 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ppl like this make me sick...one reason why i dont put any money into interrior mods and sound systems...i dont want ppl breaking into my chit....

Quick Reply: Looks like someone tried to break in