IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Neighbor backed over my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12 | 08:54 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Had the parents insurance co. call me today wanting me to give an statement. They let me know I was being recorded and all that. I had told them I wasnt giving them one, as the accident report has that information, as well as my insurance company. She said it was, going to take some time to get one of their people to come out and look at the car. Seemed like she was pushing me in a way, saying that it would be quicker if I just went through my own insurance company for the damages. So yeah, I pay my 500 ded and get it fixed and let them fight over it for months or I just wait it out.

Has anybody had the other party(s) company call you and want you to give a statement?
Old 05-21-12 | 09:02 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like the other guys insurance company is feeding you BS.

Do not pay your deductible to have this repaired yet.

Call your insurance company, let them know what are they are trying to do. Do what your own insurance company tells you to do. Most likely, they will tell you not to say anything to their insurance. Don't go thru your own insurance for this, their insurance company has to fix this for you. Sometimes your own insurance will cover the repairs and waive the deductible since the at-fault parties are clearly identified. Then they will simply collect from the other insurance. She backed into you, as long as you were legally parked, there should be no discussion of fault, she is clearly at fault. If they are gonna get into it, your insurance company will deal with it for the most part.

Last edited by KillaIS250; 05-21-12 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-21-12 | 09:15 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Sounds like the other guys insurance company is feeding you BS.

Do not pay your deductible to have this repaired yet.

Call your insurance company, let them know what are they are trying to do. Do what your own insurance company tells you to do. Most likely, they will tell you not to say anything to their insurance. Don't go thru your own insurance for this, their insurance company has to fix this for you. Sometimes your own insurance will cover the repairs and waive the deductible since the at-fault parties are clearly identified. Then they will simply collect from the other insurance. She backed into you, as long as you were legally parked, there should be no discussion of fault, she is clearly at fault. If they are gonna get into it, your insurance company will deal with it for the most part.
It seems strange that they can get the statement I issued my insurance company as well as on the police report. I refused to give them one, Im trying to talk to my adjuster to let him know they are contacting me.

Basically the accident this happened on a narrow street, just wide enough for one car. The street runs behind our houses. I back out and head towards my neighbors house. Her car is parked right off the road in their drive as always. As I got closer to her car reverse lights come on and she suddenly backs out ( rear of car heading towards me) I wasnt going fast maybe maybe 10mph..I stop because I dont want to hit her, the entire time she was leaned down looking in the floor board or radio and she just kept coming back and hit me.
Old 05-21-12 | 09:25 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Oh yeah, my bad I dunno why I thought this happened when your car was parked.

Still sounds like her fault though, as long as you've given your statement to your insurance company...you're good.
They will advise you best on what to do
Old 05-21-12 | 09:36 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Any car backing out of a drive way or parking spot doesnt have the right of way. And that's in any state. The problem you are gonna have is that it was on a back street instead on a main lot or street. Also you gonna need the other driver to be sited at fault by the police to get a fast claim. Long as you got those you are fine bro. Good luck fixing your ride
Old 05-21-12 | 09:43 PM
carbonlexi
Pole Position

sell me the headlights?
Old 05-21-12 | 10:33 PM
slownlow07
Driver

Picture of the daughter? Lol just joking. I hate the inconvenience of having to get your car repaired. It just doesn't feel the same the second time around.
Old 05-21-12 | 10:35 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stasis3131
Any car backing out of a drive way or parking spot doesnt have the right of way. And that's in any state. The problem you are gonna have is that it was on a back street instead on a main lot or street. Also you gonna need the other driver to be sited at fault by the police to get a fast claim. Long as you got those you are fine bro. Good luck fixing your ride
The police said it was going to be her fault, its actually a street, but just one lane. It runs behind 4 houses on the block. Their isnt a one way direction,
Old 05-21-12 | 10:36 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carbonlexi
sell me the headlights?
Its just one light, I will try to see if I can keep it if the car ever does get repaired this year
Old 05-21-12 | 10:37 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slownlow07
Picture of the daughter? Lol just joking. I hate the inconvenience of having to get your car repaired. It just doesn't feel the same the second time around.
ehh, she is 16, and lets just say she isnt very nice looking.
Old 05-22-12 | 09:39 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
ehh, she is 16, and lets just say she isnt very nice looking.
Sounds like she isn't very smart or considerate either. If it's any consolation, sounds like she's going to have a long, lonely life LOL. Parents these days... My dad would have kicked my butt on the spot, and offered to let you get a few shots in too.

Good luck, and get that diminished value claim in.
Old 05-22-12 | 10:24 AM
Boostd
Driver

"i am so sorry" should have been the first words out of her mouth. Kids have everything given to them these days. Nobody has to work for anything so nothing seems like a big deal to them. Make her bust her butt to earn money to buy a nice car and she may appreciate it. I hope everything comes out well for you. Make sure they blend the paint well as that is a difficult color to match.
Old 05-22-12 | 10:47 AM
doom350
Driver School Candidate

if they can tell you not to get mad and that she's only a kid, then they can handle the damage costs. Besides, I don't think they care as much what the damages will be since it's the insurance company that handles it and the insurance company will send adjusters to figure out the damage costs.
Old 05-22-12 | 05:29 PM
Krizzle
Driver School Candidate

It can be fixed.... But that does suck.
Old 05-23-12 | 12:51 AM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

My insurance adjuster came today. We had it out about the crease in the bumper. I said it would be easier to just replace the bumper, the prep would be easier since this paint is hard to match you would have to remove the old paint correct? He said they would heat the bumper up and get the crease out. Im positive the bodyshop will just get a new bumper. The figure for the work without a new bumper is 2073, and also quoted it would cost 2300 including a new bumper. So 230 more with a new bumper. They arent footing the bill, the other party's insurance is. I guess they will always go for the lowest amount incase the insured decides to go through his own insurance. I just think its nonsense to try and fix the bumper, because the work involved fixing the crease and getting it right for prep would cost as much as a new one.

Quick Reply: Neighbor backed over my car