IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Neighbor backed over my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-12, 06:04 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Neighbor backed over my car

Neighbor's daughter wasnt looking as she backed out her driveway and I stopped and tried to put in reverse but wasnt quick enough. I scratched the hood, bumber, and headlight. I have the new 2011 lights that were replaced by the warranty. I checked sewell and it looks like the one headlamp is 1600+. Does that sound right? Im taking the car to the dealership to get fixed. Looks like a new bumper, headlamp, and the hood will have to be painted.

Last edited by HAYSTACK; 05-19-12 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 06:15 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Old 05-19-12, 06:16 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Sorry to see that. Shouldn't your neighbors daughter pay for the damages? Or claim from their insurance.
Old 05-19-12, 06:24 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Alias
That sucks. Sorry to see that. Shouldn't your neighbors daughter pay for the damages? Or claim from their insurance.
Yes, their insurance is covering it. I just dont think they understand how much that little fender bender is going to cost them. I was just trying to figure up how much it was going to cost.

I was very angry when it happened because this girl had her radio blasting and was messing with it. I just got out and walked off a few feet before I said something out of anger and her Dad told me not to be mad and she is just a kid.
Old 05-19-12, 06:27 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Old 05-19-12, 06:34 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
....Dad told me not to be mad and she is just a kid.
Then she shouldn't be driving. Driving a 1+ton vehicle is grown folks business. Good thing it was another car that she hit and not a kid on his/her bike, toddler on a trike, etc.

Sorry that you have to get body work done on your car....but that girl needs a real talking to and that dad needs a wake up call. That non-chalant "she's just a kid" attitude is not acceptable.
Old 05-19-12, 06:35 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Looks like the headlamp and bumper replaced is well over 2k. The hood will have to be repainted, and then you would have labor. Im guessing its going to cost them 4k.
Old 05-19-12, 06:38 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luder94
Then she shouldn't be driving. Driving a 1+ton vehicle is grown folks business. Good thing it was another car that she hit and not a kid on his/her bike, toddler on a trike, etc.

Sorry that you have to get body work done on your car....but that girl needs a real talking to and that dad needs a wake up call. That non-chalant "she's just a kid" attitude is not acceptable.
Seriously dude. It wasnt like I cussed anybody out. They could very well see how mad I was. I was like it bothered them that I was so mad I had to walk it off. I said yeah she is a kid that doesnt look in her rearview when she is backing out. I was glad the cops came when they did.
Old 05-19-12, 07:30 PM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Still no excuse, she should have checked, its her fault i would take it to small claims court and not bother with insurance i'm sure a hit int eh pocket book will possibly wake his dumb *** up!
Old 05-19-12, 07:35 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
Still no excuse, she should have checked, its her fault i would take it to small claims court and not bother with insurance i'm sure a hit int eh pocket book will possibly wake his dumb *** up!
This is obsurd. What difference does it make whether the guys insurance pays or he pays. It was an accident as it sounds and it really is not that bad.
Old 05-19-12, 07:59 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS
This is obsurd. What difference does it make whether the guys insurance pays or he pays. It was an accident as it sounds and it really is not that bad.
No its not bad but is just that my new car now will be worked on. If I ever go to sell it or whatever it will have this accident documented and I know it just looks bad that there was one. I dont know if the bumber will come painted or what. I know the hood will have to be. I just hope the dealership I go to does body work / painting. I dont want anybody else doing any of the work.
Old 05-19-12, 09:05 PM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Well it is an opinion, most likely insurance will cover it. But having children, i'll tell you this, if i had to pay outta pocket for this, i can assure you my child would never be as careless (as OP stated she was being) again!
Old 05-19-12, 09:21 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
I was very angry when it happened because this girl had her radio blasting and was messing with it. I just got out and walked off a few feet before I said something out of anger and her Dad told me not to be mad and she is just a kid.
I would have said "and by showing her it's not a problem, you've reinforced the behavior and guaranteed some much bigger collisions are in her future".
Parents like that are pure evil -- he should be popped in the mouth for being a douche and irresponsible parent
Old 05-19-12, 09:32 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MBTC
I would have said "and by showing her it's not a problem, you've reinforced the behavior and guaranteed some much bigger collisions are in her future".
Parents like that are pure evil -- he should be popped in the mouth for being a douche and irresponsible parent
Trust me, I certainly thought about it. It wouldnt have been a problem, but I know that would just have caused me more problems. He is def on my **** list.

The girl didnt even apologize, her mom did. Little ungrateful punk.
Old 05-19-12, 10:42 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Can't stand young careless drivers, just hit em where it hurts, in the pocket book. Hopefully their insurance premiums raise up.

Quick Reply: Neighbor backed over my car