IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

accelerating by itself ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-12, 09:23 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Im guessing you pulled the wrong fuse....
+1 either that or pulling the fuse released the ghosts that kurtz was talking about...
Old 05-22-12, 09:31 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he screwed up the electronics by removing the wrong fuse. As a result the car might have accelerated strangely.
Old 05-22-12, 09:40 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i means the engine RPMs are raising and lowering on their own.i did check the fuse when the fog light did not turn on.i did pull out the red one 15 on top left corner and i put it back.then i pull the bottom corner on the left too with 15 and i see the fuse blew.i dont think its becsuse of the fog fuse and start rpm engine like that?
Old 05-22-12, 10:00 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i just received the voice mail from lexus dealer.They told me that relate to my starter alarm and they told me they will charge 122$ for dianostic.i told them the fog light did not come on and i did check and one fuse blew.my car was fine before.i did not think its relate to my starter alarm because its on my car long time ago with no problem at all.what can i do now?
Old 05-22-12, 10:13 AM
cwtt
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming English is your second language based upon your post. You are miss leading people by saying "accelerated by itself." Try to slow down and make grammatically correct sentences. It will be easier for people to help you.

Sounds to me like you have a vacuum leak. Since you have a check engine light, either scan the code yourself and see what it is or take it to the dealership and they will tell you what is really going on.
Old 05-22-12, 10:50 AM
doom350
Driver School Candidate

wow. maybe it's good to have a haunted car though, someone to keep you company on them lonely drives.
Old 05-22-12, 10:54 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Im guessing you pulled the wrong fuse....
i just pull out the fuse then i put it back.how it gonna related to accelerated?The dealer now want charge me 121$ and claim related to the car starter alarm.i cant believed its so easy mess up whole engine just by the fuse.
Old 05-22-12, 10:56 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vboi4life
i just received the voice mail from lexus dealer.They told me that relate to my starter alarm and they told me they will charge 122$ for dianostic.i told them the fog light did not come on and i did check and one fuse blew.my car was fine before.i did not think its relate to my starter alarm because its on my car long time ago with no problem at all.what can i do now?
Unfortunately it's going to be somewhat difficult for people on here to help you because the combination of poor grammar (not insulting you, as I imagine English is a second language) and insufficient explanations is making it unclear what's actually going on.

It sounds what happened is you turned your car on one day and the fog lights didn't turn on. So you checked some fuses. You pulled one, and it was OK so you replaced it, then you checked a second one and it was blown, which you presumably then replaced?

Then after you replaced the second fuse presumably with a new one, it sounds like you turned your car on and the RPMs starting going up and down without your input on the accelerator. Your first post made it sound like the pedal itself was going up and down, but your later posts make it sound more like the RPMs were jumping up and down without the pedal moving.

Now it sounds like the dealer is saying it's related to an aftermarket part, presumably a combination car alarm/remote starter. Because it's related to that part, they're charging you for diagnostics and the fix.

Is this all correct?

If it is, then maybe someone with more knowledge about these parts than I can chime in with what they think about the possibility of an aftermarket starter/alarm causing RPMs to jump.
Old 05-22-12, 01:40 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i just went to dealer and get my car back.i have to pay 131$.i see on paper work they list that found codes for air flow meter and throttle motot.found the battery was jumped backwards and fuse for ect was missing.replaceed ect.They also list the after market intake will voice the factory warranty and any future check engine light will not be cover under warranty.i have joe z pipe intake.i asked them what if i install the f sport intake so is it cover under warranty.They said yeah but they have to install it.i mean really.anyway now my drl and my fog light does not work.i asked them to show me where is the fuse at and they refused because i have after market led and hid fog.they said i have to paid for it.does anyone know where i can found the fuse for drl and fog light
Old 05-22-12, 02:48 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

LOL @ they have to install it

I would've backhanded the **** out of them
Old 05-22-12, 05:34 PM
Kauro
Pole Position

What dealership was this?
Old 05-22-12, 06:26 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

new country club lexus at latham newyork
Old 05-22-12, 07:01 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe it should be pretty easy to find out where the fuese are since it should be listed in your owners manual.
Old 05-23-12, 10:57 AM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i just read the manual and replace fuse 30am.no the fog and the parking light work but the drl still not working.i check all the fuse and its all good.what should i check now?
Old 05-23-12, 11:14 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like a shady dealer who should know the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. They'll be flirting with a lawsuit if they reject your entire warranty outright without proving the intake caused the issue.

Quick Reply: accelerating by itself ?