IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 01:25 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new ride. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with switching from Lexus to Hyundai. Hyundai's are very reliable. I have a tiborun and believe it or not, it's been more reliable than my IS.

And those guys at Lexus of Bellevue are really slimeballs. I was interested in getting an ISF a few months ago, and they were so pushy, rude and hard to deal with that made me leave. I have also noticed they Have so many high mileage CPOs compared to other Lexus dealers in the area.
Old 06-07-12, 01:54 PM
212IS250
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I'd be interested to see where you net out in a couple of months - though you probably won't still be around here. I bought my IS less than a year ago and it was a lucky last minute find. I was 2 days away from buying a 3.8 Track Coupe.

The IS was much more practical to my lifestyle and since I considered both I realize you can't really compare the two. I'm curious how you came to the decision of getting the Genesis (though in your original post, you sound just as surprised as some of us!)

What made you decide on the Genesis? Not so much over the IS, but over any other car in that same price range?
Old 06-07-12, 03:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I can't say you made a good financial decision. You just bought a car the wrong way- based on monthly payments and years, rather than on rates, sticker price, invoice price, rebates, and bargaining off of that. The dealer likely made a lot of money here and they absolutely LOVE transactions like these. And no dealer ever gives high dollars for a trade in. You simply can't expect that. Always sell a car privately if you want something fair.
Most importantly, never buy a car off of emotions. You went way off course because you were angry with one dealer. When the dust settles and the newness wears off, there's a risk you will regret this and start eyeballing Lexus and Infinitis again.
Old 06-07-12, 10:09 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Its what you want and like....everybody has there own taste. Though it was FR-s or BRZ for a while until i finally saw the H.
Old 06-07-12, 10:11 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck with the new car!

I just drove one of those last week, I loved it. The 3.8 is very nice! I was very impressed and Hyundai definitely did a great job with the car. I'm sure you'll love it!
Old 06-07-12, 10:15 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Test drove the 3.8 about 2 yrs back i was very impress. They gonna be sumthin to recon with the future. Genesis, Equus, veloster all looking good....
Old 06-07-12, 10:35 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

all that matters at the end of the day is your happy with the car u purchased,. good luck with your new ride =)
Old 06-08-12, 12:36 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im really liking the gen coupe. my roommate got one recently and it has gotten my attention lol.
Old 06-08-12, 12:49 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on your new purchase. If it makes you happy, that's what should matter most. I personally have never been a fan of Hyundai because of their overly exaggerated body lines / design.
Old 06-08-12, 04:04 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

I hate my 2010 Hyndai Santa Fe SE (bought new) $30k sticker OTD for $22,450, the transmission is junk and am in the process of lemoning that turd.
Old 06-08-12, 06:38 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice purchase...I like the new design...ope you enjoy it to the max...
Old 06-08-12, 08:12 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shervin350
nice car, should of get track package
Dude I so wanted to but the waiting list is over 300 ppl for washington state alone and I had all Hyundai dealerships do a check and non will recieve a Track model in a V6 within 5 months
Old 06-08-12, 08:13 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rikg35
lexus > Hyundai

Sorry Dude but you effed up bad!!!
Funny, cause that's how Americans treated the Japanese automakers for years and years til the LS came alone
Old 06-08-12, 08:15 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ydnandy
hey man, don't knock marriage and kids... they didn't "ruin" my 2dr years. In fact, having kids gave me the "leverage" I needed to get my IS -- I HAD to have four doors, so I picked the 4dr I wanted

New car looks nice! Not a huge fan of the brand, but seems they have been getting better of the past few years. Enjoy!
my bad buddy, I just know it can put a bit of a restriction on what you can buy just cause oten you don't want to endanger your children or loved ones with a fast car.....
Old 06-08-12, 08:21 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Well, I cant speak for anyone else, but I would never flame anyone for this.

I just dont understand the purchase logic, other than getting what you want...but hey, its not my money.

Again, nice car bud, I am sure I will see you driving around seattle/tacoma in the coming months.
Well like I mentioned I'm getting a 20-40k injury settlement which is still being gone through with attorneys so once that is said and done I can pay the car in full and have no car pament on a car that has a full warrenty and every mile is me.

Give it props that I miss the power seats, more trunk room, and AWD but those are the only things I miss from the IS250 awd. I will ikely buy another Lexus in about 1-3years considering prices.

I LOVE the 2010+ LS460 and a IS350awd is a maybe so you just never know.

My only debt with my 60k/yr job is my new mortgage of 1275/mo (but I have a roommate paying 750/month so that's gonna be less), onle credit card with 2k on it, and my car....so it's likely another lexus won't be too far off.

Quick Reply: It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!