Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like 2 cow horns
Old 06-26-12, 09:58 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by oblivionis
Ha, ha, you guys are funny. Don't hate on Toyota. All of us here are part of the Toyota Motor Corporation and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I find it funny that when somebody wants to talk crap about my car they'll say that it's a Toyota. Like that's a bad thing. Yeah, it's a Toyota and it doesn't change the fact that it's an awesome car.
Not hating on Toyota, however.. there's a reason why you buy a Lexus and not a toyota. By putting a Toyota badge on a Lexus is just degrading it IMO
Old 06-26-12, 10:01 AM
nastyemu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it needs to be half an inch lower on the grill because the visual weight is way off.

also may look better on a more aggressively modded car.
Old 06-26-12, 10:02 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it funny that when somebody wants to talk crap about my car they'll say that it's a Toyota. Like that's a bad thing. Yeah, it's a Toyota and it doesn't change the fact that it's an awesome car.
I should clarify that I wasn't talking about Club Lexus. Just in general, between friends or youtube comments, etc.

I'm enjoying all the comments here. So far what I'm hearing is that putting a Toyota emblem on a Lexus makes it cheap. I wonder if I put a Ferrari badge on a Lexus it that would make it Italian.
Old 06-26-12, 10:03 AM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm all for Toyota's, I have a Tacoma as well I just think the re-branding along with devil horns cheapens the look. Just like fake fender vents and excess chrome bits on a PT Cruiser or a Chrysler 300 further cheapen those cars.

Some of the most legit Lexus IS300's and GS430's are rebranded as Toyota Altezzas and Aristos.
Old 06-26-12, 10:12 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont see what so evil about it??? if you are going for the "evil" theme, at least blackout the chrome emblems, headlights, side moldings etc.. but putting a devils emblem just makes it ricey

no offense, just my .02
Old 06-26-12, 10:17 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I should clarify that I wasn't talking about Club Lexus. Just in general, between friends or youtube comments, etc.

I'm enjoying all the comments here. So far what I'm hearing is that putting a Toyota emblem on a Lexus makes it cheap. I wonder if I put a Ferrari badge on a Lexus it that would make it Italian.
Old 06-26-12, 10:22 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nastyemu
it needs to be half an inch lower on the grill because the visual weight is way off.

also may look better on a more aggressively modded car.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. I might need to lower it.

Originally Posted by busdepot
I'm all for Toyota's, I have a Tacoma as well I just think the re-branding along with devil horns cheapens the look. Just like fake fender vents and excess chrome bits on a PT Cruiser or a Chrysler 300 further cheapen those cars.

Some of the most legit Lexus IS300's and GS430's are rebranded as Toyota Altezzas and Aristos.
I totally agree with you on the fake chrome. But remember in my case it's just a different emblem that's very similar in size to the original. It's not like I plastered a huge Toyota logo on my hood.

Originally Posted by rookieIS
i dont see what so evil about it??? if you are going for the "evil" theme, at least blackout the chrome emblems, headlights, side moldings etc.. but putting a devils emblem just makes it ricey

no offense, just my .02
I"m not going for an "evil" look or theme. I just feel that out of all the cars Toyota makes this one (along with the IS F) has a wild side (I won't mention the LFA because that's in a league of it's own).
Old 06-26-12, 10:26 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Man you guys are brutal!
Old 06-26-12, 10:29 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
get ready to be flamed..
Why? It's his car, he can do whatever. Maybe he didn't buy the car to flaunt how he can afford a Lexus. I like it, just because it is unique. Not a fan of the horns, but the Toyota logo is definitely clever.
Old 06-26-12, 10:43 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Why? It's his car, he can do whatever. Maybe he didn't buy the car to flaunt how he can afford a Lexus. I like it, just because it is unique. Not a fan of the horns, but the Toyota logo is definitely clever.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I've noticed that a lot of the Lexus owners on this forum are acting similar to bimer fanboys. They think that being able to pay $40K for a car makes them superior and their car was put on earth by God himself. I've just read this thread about 2012MY headlights and some of the comments just made me cringe. Paying over $1000 for headlights does not make you the 1%.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eadlights.html
Old 06-26-12, 10:46 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can under,stand Toyota emblems on a GS300 (Toyota Aristo) or a IS300 (Toyota Altezza) because they were Toyota's in Japan but there's no Japanese version of the ISx50 soooo there shouldn't be a Toyota emblem on it.
Old 06-26-12, 10:50 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I think you hit the nail on the head. I've noticed that a lot of the Lexus owners on this forum are acting similar to bimer fanboys. They think that being able to pay $40K for a car makes them superior and their car was put on earth by God himself. I've just read this thread about 2012MY headlights and some of the comments just made me cringe. Paying over $1000 for headlights does not make you the 1%.
I think youre missing the point... Your emblem change is simply seen as poor taste due to it being a AutoZone clearance item, it has horns, and looks like a very cheaply made piece of "chrome plated" palstic. Many people do cheap mods that are done tastefully and fit the car (Plasti-dip emblems, vinyl parts, etc), but this one rubs most people here wrong. We dont think we're ballers, we know we drive the second cheapest Lexus model out there, just above a CT. Acting like everyone should like your horned emblem is where you may have gone astray in your logic of the CL world.
Old 06-26-12, 10:51 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

What in the world are you talking about? Nobody here is saying that they are better than anyone else. Yes everyone has their own opinions and to each there own.

Now when you post pictures of your car, you need to realise that not everyone is going to like your taste in mods. Nobody here is trashing your car or anything like that. Were simply giving you our opinions because you put yourself out there in the first place.

Quick Reply: My Evil Yota