Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mehhhhhhh looks cheap
Old 06-26-12, 11:00 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I think youre missing the point... Your emblem change is simply seen as poor taste due to it being a AutoZone clearance item, it has horns, and looks like a very cheaply made piece of "chrome plated" palstic. Many people do cheap mods that are done tastefully and fit the car (Plasti-dip emblems, vinyl parts, etc), but this one rubs most people here wrong. We dont think we're ballers, we know we drive the second cheapest Lexus model out there, just above a CT. Acting like everyone should like your horned emblem is where you may have gone astray in your logic of the CL world.
The Lexus logo I removed was chrome plated plastic. The emplem I installed is made out of 6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum.
Old 06-26-12, 11:01 AM
will_is250
Driver School Candidate

Basically what they said, and it seems like you're looking to get flamed. Personally I'm not a fan of changing or even removing emblems, although I do like the plasti-dip ones. As stated below only way it looks clean is if you've got an is300

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
I can under,stand Toyota emblems on a GS300 (Toyota Aristo) or a IS300 (Toyota Altezza) because they were Toyota's in Japan but there's no Japanese version of the ISx50 soooo there shouldn't be a Toyota emblem on it.
Originally Posted by heyarms
I think youre missing the point... Your emblem change is simply seen as poor taste due to it being a AutoZone clearance item, it has horns, and looks like a very cheaply made piece of "chrome plated" palstic. Many people do cheap mods that are done tastefully and fit the car (Plasti-dip emblems, vinyl parts, etc), but this one rubs most people here wrong. We dont think we're ballers, we know we drive the second cheapest Lexus model out there, just above a CT. Acting like everyone should like your horned emblem is where you may have gone astray in your logic of the CL world.
Old 06-26-12, 11:06 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bob4256
What in the world are you talking about? Nobody here is saying that they are better than anyone else. Yes everyone has their own opinions and to each there own.

Now when you post pictures of your car, you need to realise that not everyone is going to like your taste in mods. Nobody here is trashing your car or anything like that. Were simply giving you our opinions because you put yourself out there in the first place.
I don't mind the negative comments. I don't expect everyone (or even anyone) to like it. It just annoys me that people it because it is a Toyota logo on a Lexus.
Old 06-26-12, 11:11 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oblivionis
I don't mind the negative comments. I don't expect everyone (or even anyone) to like it. It just annoys me that people it because it is a Toyota logo on a Lexus.
The 2IS was not badged as a Toyota in Japan so there is no reason to rebadge it.

Like someone said earlier, the IS300 was badged as a Toyota in Japan. Skylines are badges as Nissans in Japan. And I believe some Acuras were originally badged as Hondas in Japan. Plus you put a Toyota logo with horns, so thats another reason why others dont like it
Old 06-26-12, 11:22 AM
busdepot
Lead Lap

It's not the physical attributes of the part itself, but more of the image or the perceived image that it puts out is not consistent with the tastes of a lot of the owners on this forum. Parts that you could potentially get at Autozone/Canadian Tire aren't really the thing for a lot of us on here (not saying that's where you got it, just a point based on the previous note about fake chrome).

Don't take it personally or anything. The people on the forum typically want to help you out at the core of it, not flame you to make you feel bad about yourself of your car. No one is trying to call you cheap or anything. You could have had that emblem custom CNC'd and plated with .999 silver which was mined by Sebastian Pinera himself in Pascua Lama, Chile and polished with a cloth made of silk woven in space by the original Prada Brothers. The IS is a Toyota, not a spaceship. No one on here thinks otherwise.

If you like it and think its great, don't let the haters bring you down. I've been flamed on here too over getting replica wheels (which I have since sold). It is just an internet forum at the end of the day.

/thread pls
Old 06-26-12, 11:22 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bob4256
The 2IS was not badged as a Toyota in Japan so there is no reason to rebadge it.

Like someone said earlier, the IS300 was badged as a Toyota in Japan. Skylines are badges as Nissans in Japan. And I believe some Acuras were originally badged as Hondas in Japan. Plus you put a Toyota logo with horns, so thats another reason why others dont like it
And what's the point of making your car look like the one sold in Japan??? The Toyota badge looks good on an IS300 because somebody has done it before but it doesn't look good on an IS350 becuase nobody has put a Toyota badge on it in Japan?
Old 06-26-12, 11:27 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

So you posted your pic to get an opion from us, we give it to you straight up. Don't get offended if we did not give the one you were hoping for
Old 06-26-12, 11:30 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by busdepot
It's not the physical attributes of the part itself, but more of the image or the perceived image that it puts out is not consistent with the tastes of a lot of the owners on this forum. Parts that you could potentially get at Autozone/Canadian Tire aren't really the thing for a lot of us on here (not saying that's where you got it, just a point based on the previous note about fake chrome).

Don't take it personally or anything. The people on the forum typically want to help you out at the core of it, not flame you to make you feel bad about yourself of your car. No one is trying to call you cheap or anything. You could have had that emblem custom CNC'd and plated with .999 silver which was mined by Sebastian Pinera himself in Pascua Lama, Chile and polished with a cloth made of silk woven in space by the original Prada Brothers. The IS is a Toyota, not a spaceship. No one on here thinks otherwise.

If you like it and think its great, don't let the haters bring you down. I've been flamed on here too over getting replica wheels (which I have since sold). It is just an internet forum at the end of the day.

/thread pls
I've been a member of various online forums for far too long to take anything written online personally. I'm not offended in any way. Some of the comments though sounded like jabs at Toyota which was kind of disappointing.
Old 06-26-12, 11:31 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Ohh, the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was a Toyota Avalon, not an is350
Old 06-26-12, 11:37 AM
adrr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't listen to everyone, if you like go with it. If I ever had the money to afford Lambo, i'd put VW badges on it.
Old 06-26-12, 12:02 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

not hating but I still don't get whats "evil" or "wild" about this bc other than the rims and slight drop its pretty much stock looking
Old 06-26-12, 12:05 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I love how it looks. I think I should go put a Kia badge on my IS350 now too.
Old 06-26-12, 12:07 PM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my eyeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh my eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss

just kidding man, but please put back the lexus emblem
Old 06-26-12, 12:09 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oblivionis
And what's the point of making your car look like the one sold in Japan??? The Toyota badge looks good on an IS300 because somebody has done it before but it doesn't look good on an IS350 becuase nobody has put a Toyota badge on it in Japan?
Whats the point? Cant answer that for you because I wouldnt do that. Again to each there own

Point being, you need to be able to take negative comments about your mods. Were not trash talking anyone, nor are we putting down Toyotas because we all drive Toyotas! You said your not new to forums, so you shouldnt be getting "mad" at all of our comments.

If you like it thats fine, thats what matters. But dont get mad when you put yourself out there and ask us for our opinions

Quick Reply: My Evil Yota