IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-12, 01:19 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it just Cali that cops give tickets for even parking on the line?
Here I am getting drinks with my homies, and as I was walking out, I see this guy backing up his car and giving me a LOT of space. I love people like this!
This was at the back parking spaces in Le Abrea
Old 07-27-12, 05:22 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
My gym has cameras in the lot and the parking lot is huge. I'm not worried about it. Ive double parked there for a long time now along with several BMW and Audi guys. Never had a problem thanks
If the lot is huge (and empty), it adds to the immaturity level to double park your entry level luxury car... Like i said, good luck with your next encounter, it will happen sooner or later, and you should wish for only a hand print.

Originally Posted by karasha
Like the Japanese proverb: 出る釘は打たれる [the nail that sticks out gets hammered down].

I take that into consideration everytime I park. I take precautions to protect my car, but I don't do things like double park. It outwardly shows you don't want anything to happen to your car and (twisted) people will prey on this.
WORD!

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If only fingerprints happened, you should be rejoicing. To expect your car to live an unscathed life in the city is unrealistic.
Exactly. A hand print is nothing to cry about.
Old 07-27-12, 07:05 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
If the lot is huge (and empty), it adds to the immaturity level to double park your entry level luxury car... Like i said, good luck with your next encounter, it will happen sooner or later, and you should wish for only a hand print.

WORD!

Exactly. A hand print is nothing to cry about.
Step back a few pages buddy, as I already stated I know I drive a entry level Lexus I'm not riding on a high horse. Every car I've had I've always treated with care and always took precautions to avoid people that don't care about their cars or prey on others cars to steal or vandalize etc etc..I don't need anything from a hand print to a door ding on my car. Placing your hands on someone else's car is totally disrespectful. And getting caught while doing it and just walking away and not saying a word is even worst . The guy was a car enthusiast and a fellow 2is owner so he should have known better. He could have just been admiring my wheels or the more I thought about it he could have been looking to see if I had on wheel locks. I already had a set stolen once, I've had a top in my s2000 torn into, I've even had my civic hatchback stolen and stripped. Not everyone feels like they have to work to have nice things. Some either steal or have it given to them by mommy and daddy. I don't know if that's the case with you but if anything happens to my car I'm gonna be the one paying for it. Fact of the matter is whether its a entry level car, or a top of the line car, its still my car I work hard to pay for it and i keep it in the best condition possible. You already mentioned on the first page when i first created this thread that you'd welcome anyone's hand prints all over your car so why are you still commenting? Surely you wouldn't have the same opinions if something similar happened to you.
Old 07-27-12, 07:15 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Is it just Cali that cops give tickets for even parking on the line?
Here I am getting drinks with my homies, and as I was walking out, I see this guy backing up his car and giving me a LOT of space. I love people like this!
This was at the back parking spaces in Le Abrea
pretty considerate of him nice color IS BTW
Old 07-27-12, 07:25 AM
lostLAOguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by laobo979
I hear but parking lot is open for anyone and to park were every/next to who ever. No one got VIP parking in a public area hahaha....Just saying it not a big deal. I live in an apt should I hate all my neighbor for parking they Kai and fords next to me?
Hahahaha.....you hella right mang! Its a free lot and free lot mean park where eva u wanna park hahaa...
Old 07-27-12, 07:29 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lostLAOguy
Hahahaha.....you hella right mang! Its a free lot and free lot mean park where eva u wanna park hahaa...
Yeah but if there's 20-50 other open spaces and closer to the building you're going into why park next to the person that went out of their way to park alone at the end of the parking lot
Old 07-27-12, 07:34 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Step back a few pages buddy, as I already stated I know I drive a entry level Lexus I'm not riding on a high horse. Every car I've had I've always treated with care and always took precautions to avoid people that don't care about their cars or prey on others cars to steal or vandalize etc etc..I don't need anything from a hand print to a door ding on my car. Placing your hands on someone else's car is totally disrespectful. And getting caught while doing it and just walking away and not saying a word is even worst . The guy was a car enthusiast and a fellow 2is owner so he should have known better. He could have just been admiring my wheels or the more I thought about it he could have been looking to see if I had on wheel locks. I already had a set stolen once, I've had a top in my s2000 torn into, I've even had my civic hatchback stolen and stripped. Not everyone feels like they have to work to have nice things. Some either steal or have it given to them by mommy and daddy. I don't know if that's the case with you but if anything happens to my car I'm gonna be the one paying for it. Fact of the matter is whether its a entry level car, or a top of the line car, its still my car I work hard to pay for it and i keep it in the best condition possible. You already mentioned on the first page when i first created this thread that you'd welcome anyone's hand prints all over your car so why are you still commenting? Surely you wouldn't have the same opinions if something similar happened to you.

Sorry buddy, mommy and (dont have a) daddy arent financially involved in my life. I'm long out of the nest and on my own. Anything that happens (including what happened in the past: hit & run) is on my insurance and my own dime. And for those who are fortunate enough to have earned nice things from their parents, its a shame you think they are all the same and dont respect their own property and dont know the value of a dollar.

And I still comment because 1) this thread never dies 2) it's an open forum and 3) i was honestly shocked you double park. As i said, double parking just draws the wrong attention. Maybe it's different here in Texas, but you're asking for trouble by double parking.
Old 07-27-12, 07:37 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Sorry buddy, mommy and (dont have a) daddy arent financially involved in my life. I'm long out of the nest and on my own. Anything that happens (including what happened in the past: hit & run) is on my insurance and my own dime. And for those who are fortunate enough to have earned nice things from their parents, its a shame you think they are all the same and dont respect their own property and dont know the value of a dollar.

And I still comment because 1) this thread never dies 2) it's an open forum and 3) i was honestly shocked you double park. As i said, double parking just draws the wrong attention. Maybe it's different here in Texas, but you're asking for trouble by double parking.
I lived in Dallas and Arlington for a while. Never had a problem. And sometimes ill even park in 4 spaces.
Old 07-27-12, 08:05 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont know about double parking.....personally I wouldnt do it...
Old 07-27-12, 09:16 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do tend to park further away in my rides. I especially keep my distance from SUVs and Minivans. They typically ferry kids and others who are more careless of other's property, so I keep a safe distance. I can't control others so I find it best to just park in BFE where I have a little more control. I also like having my car further out in less crowded areas of a lot because it makes the car more obvious and visible. If someone is out there with my car, folks will notice and there's a more clear view for cameras.

As for the OP comments regarding the admirer and his handprint, I did not see his post as being hostile or over the top, but more of a rant and observation. I'm meticulous about my car, home and property and I take very good care of anything that I have worked hard enough to obtain. On weekends, my car gets a personal detail and coats of Zaino by my own two hands powered by sweat and sore muscles. There's an unwritten law amongst us car enthusiasts, and that is to admirer from a distance and NEVER touch. There is no need to touch the car to look at it. Dude had no reason to touch the car even if it was to bend down and get a view of the wheels. Was the guy a senior citizen requiring assistance to get a closer inspection? I would be more concern about someone touching my car because of intent to break into it. Really, why did he feel a need to touch someone else’s car. You don't go around touching other people's kids, dogs, property, so what makes this acceptable? Those of us who are serious about our car’s appearance realize how much sweat and work it takes to maintain a spotless car. I mean really….don’t touch my *****!!!
Old 07-27-12, 09:50 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
I do tend to park further away in my rides. I especially keep my distance from SUVs and Minivans. They typically ferry kids and others who are more careless of other's property, so I keep a safe distance. I can't control others so I find it best to just park in BFE where I have a little more control. I also like having my car further out in less crowded areas of a lot because it makes the car more obvious and visible. If someone is out there with my car, folks will notice and there's a more clear view for cameras.

As for the OP comments regarding the admirer and his handprint, I did not see his post as being hostile or over the top, but more of a rant and observation. I'm meticulous about my car, home and property and I take very good care of anything that I have worked hard enough to obtain. On weekends, my car gets a personal detail and coats of Zaino by my own two hands powered by sweat and sore muscles. There's an unwritten law amongst us car enthusiasts, and that is to admirer from a distance and NEVER touch. There is no need to touch the car to look at it. Dude had no reason to touch the car even if it was to bend down and get a view of the wheels. Was the guy a senior citizen requiring assistance to get a closer inspection? I would be more concern about someone touching my car because of intent to break into it. Really, why did he feel a need to touch someone else’s car. You don't go around touching other people's kids, dogs, property, so what makes this acceptable? Those of us who are serious about our car’s appearance realize how much sweat and work it takes to maintain a spotless car. I mean really….don’t touch my *****!!!
exactly. Thanks man. Lotta ppl got it as to my this thread for to 11 pages. Only about 2-4 ppl didn't get it or just doesn't care about their cars at least til somethin happens to it. But yea the guy was young prob between 19-25 at most

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 07-27-12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-27-12, 09:53 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

pretty considerate of him nice color IS BTW
Thanks buddy. I still want matte white though
Old 07-27-12, 10:07 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

exactly. Thanks man. Lotta ppl got it as to my this thread for to 11 pages. Only about 2-4 ppl didn't get it or just doesn't care about their cars at least til somethin happens to it. But yea the guy was young prob between 19-25 at most
Add me to the list making it 5. I'm surprised, and glad, someone didn't pull a knife or a gun. Too late now but you could have had the car dusted for prints and have had the prints run through the NCIC. Good idea, however, to carry some instant detailer with you. I need to do the same.
Old 07-27-12, 10:24 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

I lived in Dallas and Arlington for a while. Never had a problem. And sometimes ill even park in 4 spaces.
Says the guy who's had multiple car vandalism's...

Originally Posted by bob4256
I dont know about double parking.....personally I wouldnt do it...

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Add me to the list making it 5. I'm surprised, and glad, someone didn't pull a knife or a gun. Too late now but you could have had the car dusted for prints and have had the prints run through the NCIC. Good idea, however, to carry some instant detailer with you. I need to do the same.
I'm surprised OP didnt try to get police involved to do so
Old 07-27-12, 10:37 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Says the guy who's had multiple car vandalism's...

I'm surprised OP didnt try to get police involved to do so
If you don't care for your property as much as I do thats your problem, and if you have a problem with the way I protect my car you don't need to be flaming/trolling in my thread. You already expressed your disagreement many times. At this point you're being pretty immature.

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons