IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-12, 11:08 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xldTylx
Haha you have no idea how many people need to see this picture.
Everywhere in the bay area, people just keep going up until they hit the curb with their wheels then back up a little most of the time scraping their bumper.
So sad to see this especially when it's a fellow Lexus
DUDE. Especially in San Francisco. I let my sister drive my car once because I wasn't sober. My front lip was literally a few mm ABOVE the curb -__- I have a picture of it on instagram. Never again.
Old 07-27-12, 12:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Read again. Point of the story was lack between car enthusiasts or respect not damage or finger prints etc.
I've read the original posts a few times... there are both elements in there. You are speaking first of damage (dings, prints, etc) first, then connect it with the not introducing oneself. Sounds like a dual thing.
Nice wheels btw.
Old 07-27-12, 01:12 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I've read the original posts a few times... there are both elements in there. You are speaking first of damage (dings, prints, etc) first, then connect it with the not introducing oneself. Sounds like a dual thing.
Nice wheels btw.
Thanks Fizz. These are my winter/beater set. The summer set I had got stolen. I have a set of Rohana RC10s on the way. Should be arriving sometime in August.
Old 09-21-12, 07:55 PM
dmrios88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i parked in BFE for like the first month i had my car, then i said **** it. i feel like people want to **** with your car when you purposely park it far away.
Old 09-22-12, 11:33 AM
Ramal

Im sorry man, it was me... I was checking out your bodykit and wheels and accidentally touched your whip.

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Obvious reasons being you don't want anyone parking next to you bc of
1.Door dings
2. hitting your car coming in or out
3.touching your car
4. simply lurking into your car or putting their hands on it like this fellow below

Call me a snob if you want but really I don't like anyone parking next to my car even if it is a 2IS LOL unless its someone I know of course. So I parked out in B*tt *****ing Egypt like I always do where ever I go, only to come out and see this guy lurking around my car, did a circle and casually walked away when I was coming up like I didn't even see anything. He didn't do any damage to the car. he actually left a hand print on the passenger door though which I didnt notice til I got home and unloaded stuff in my car. I know this bc I washed and waxed my car this morning.So its definitely not my hand. I know he thought it was the cool thing to do to park next to me bc we have the same car, same color etc just top show off his car but you can't at least say hi or anything if you're gonna check out my car? Every car I've owned usually when I saw someone on the road with the same car we always acknowledge each other with either a nod or honk the horn, some kind of friendly gesture or even pull over and discuss our cars and common interests etc etc. Sorry if I happen to be calling out a CL member but next time if you're gonna park next to someone else's car thats obviously trying to avoid others at least acknowledge them when they catch you lurking around their car and don't touch their car with your filthy hands thanks. PS: lose the smoked tails.

For those members that don't know me my car is the one with the LFA wheels
Old 09-22-12, 11:37 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

^ I highly doubt that considering this is ur first post and you used the picture I took as ur default pic. I smell a troll. You must seriously be bored to take the time to create an account just to comment on this thread. And why do people keep reviving this thread? Do ppl actually type in BFE in the search or new members like to scroll back 50-100 pages and revive dead threads? Smh its already ran its course mods please lock it up.

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 09-22-12 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-22-12, 11:45 AM
eddiekay
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao we have a joker here, everyone better watch out for Ramal, he sure is a trouble maker
Old 09-22-12, 01:12 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

I do this as well. Mainly for two reasons
1) Less likely for my car to get damaged.
2) Burn more calories.
Old 09-22-12, 01:57 PM
Ramal

Btw, first I was like touching the wheels to figure are those genuine LFA or fake?
..but they were kinda dirty so I guess that where the dirty finger came from. Then when I saw owner aproaching I kinda ran away, didnt wana get cought checking someone elses whip, but anyway no hard feelings ,right?

Last edited by Ramal; 09-22-12 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-22-12, 02:00 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

No RD, no reason to shut this thread down. Truth of the matter is THIS HAPPENS. My car is no more than a month old and someone already scratched my passenger door, I was livid. Now I park in BFE and havent had a problem since.

Guess what, some here are probably right and parking in BFE brings more attention, but I'd rather take my chances of damage THAT way, than parking next to an SUV with 5 kids who first thing they do is fling the door open. Which BTW your chances of that happening are 1000x more likely than someone going up to your car and deliberately kicking it or scratching it because you wanted to park far.
Old 09-22-12, 02:04 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
No RD, no reason to shut this thread down. Truth of the matter is THIS HAPPENS. My car is no more than a month old and someone already scratched my passenger door, I was livid. Now I park in BFE and havent had a problem since.

Guess what, some here are probably right and parking in BFE brings more attention, but I'd rather take my chances of damage THAT way, than parking next to an SUV with 5 kids who first thing they do is fling the door open. Which BTW your chances of that happening are 1000x more likely than someone going up to your car and deliberately kicking it or scratching it because you wanted to park far.
definitely, like u said I'm well aware parking alone brings more attention but its always better thank parking near and some inconsiderate ppl flings their door open or leaves a cart near your car bc they were too lazy to put it back in the right spot. Hope that scratch buffed out bro, if u were local I woulda done it for u
Old 09-22-12, 02:06 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ramal
Btw, first I was like touching the wheels to figure are those genuine LFA or fake?
..but they were kinda dirty so I guess that where the dirty finger came from. Then when I saw owner aproaching I kinda ran away, didnt wana get cought checking someone elses whip, but anyway no hard feelings ,right?

First we all know your a troll. Second, who would put genuine LFA wheels on a 2IS?

and lastly your third problem is highlighted in bold.
Old 09-22-12, 02:11 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ramal

must seriously be a virgin living in mom and dads house if you have enough time to create an account to just troll on threads. smh earlier he had the original pic I posted cropped out the other car and had it set as his default. I bet he couldn't even tell me where that picture was taken. Noob doesn't even know that Genuine LFA wheels are 20's not 19s. you can clearly tell the rims are 19's just by looking from a far
Old 09-22-12, 03:37 PM
sutekidane
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

YES! I park wayyyy n the BFE for the obvious reasons. For my old car (06 TSX), I had not have a single door ding for the 5 years I owned it until I brought it to school and parked my car in the parking structure there. I usually find a spot that is either next to the wall, next to a pillar, or next to a hydrant and get as close to them as possible so it will as much space as possible for the car next to me to exit even with their doors wide open, but eventually poo poo happened

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons-uqejz.jpg
Old 09-22-12, 03:44 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

what's bfe?

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons