IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 12:45 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only reason why i dont like parking far away is because it will stand out. HATERS target cars that stand out.

HATERS will **** with your car and/or try to steal it. it can turn out way worst than a door ding/scratch.

i have a couple of door dings and scratches on my car from retarded drivers, but it is better than getting your car stolen or smashed up!

just my opinion.
Old 06-27-12, 01:28 PM
Stevonz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
I know we drive entry level Lexus cars but thats not the point. Its still my car and I still put money into it and try the best I can to keep it in great condition so I don't need anyone that doesn't give a crap about their car parking next to me and fling open their door and put a dent in mine. One time when I parked up close at the gym some d bag came in parking all crooked in front of me and kissed my bumper putting a chip the size of a dime in it. I was done with my work out and I had to be at work. Other wise I would have sat there and waited to see who would show up.
I'm with you and i admit it i am **** the smallest little thing and i notice it OCD i know but its freaking annoying when you see what someone did and they dont care.

P.s. NEVER TOUCH ANOTHER MANS CAR!!!
Old 06-27-12, 01:45 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
the only reason why i dont like parking far away is because it will stand out. HATERS target cars that stand out.

HATERS will **** with your car and/or try to steal it. it can turn out way worst than a door ding/scratch.

i have a couple of door dings and scratches on my car from retarded drivers, but it is better than getting your car stolen or smashed up!

just my opinion.
That rule won't work in an Asian Plaza

A few weeks ago, Wife's RSX got hit and run in an Asian Plaza because I was too lazy to walk my ***. We walked in 15 minutes for a sandwiche, and walked out with a dent and huge gash on the door. I should of parked at the other lot across the street.... 99% of Asians are missing the driving gene in their DNA. Trust me... you are WAY BETTER parking a mile away from an Asian Plaza. I'm Asian and I have to admit to this truth.

My IS250 got hit in the same freakin Asian Plaza parking... this is after buying it brand spanking new and I only owned it for 5 days!!!!!

If you love your car, park it somewhere safe and don't be lazy. In Asian Plaza, Asians are very lazy to walk and they love the shade. Park a mile away from the entrance or pick a open sunny spot and you are safe.
Old 06-27-12, 01:52 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
Any true car enthusiast knows not to ever touch another car.
So true...I had to "sig" it.
Old 06-27-12, 01:58 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shadowman

A few weeks ago, Wife's RSX got hit and run in an Asian Plaza because I was too lazy to walk my ***. We walked in 15 minutes for a sandwiche, and walked out with a dent and huge gash on the door. I should of parked at the other lot across the street.... 99% of Asians are missing the driving gene in their DNA. Trust me... you are WAY BETTER parking a mile away from an Asian Plaza. I'm Asian and I have to admit to this truth.

My IS250 got hit in the same freakin Asian Plaza parking... this is after buying it brand spanking new and I only owned it for 5 days!!!!!

If you love your car, park it somewhere safe and don't be lazy. In Asian Plaza, Asians are very lazy to walk and they love the shade. Park a mile away from the entrance or pick a open sunny spot and you are safe.
its not all asians. its the FOB ones!

i live in the ghetto, so asians are not the worst drivers here.

parking a mile away here is almost a gaurantee that my car would be gone.. lol
Old 06-27-12, 02:20 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by phillimt
nice roof man, the matte is different, I like. where are ya at in ohio again?
It's actually carbon fiber along w my grill surround and the pillars on the outside of the car. I'm in Columbus
Old 06-27-12, 02:22 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CANDYAPPLE
RD i agree with you on parking far away from everybody to avoid dings they are a terrible eye sore. but come on man your car is sexy as hell and your gonna get people to check it out wehter you like it or not. i came out one time and some chicks were taking pics of my car while sitting on the hood wtf? lol. i just kindly said b**ch get off my ****** before i pop my c***k in your mouth lmao.
Lmao thanks man like I said I'm used to turning heads but never will I get used to anyone touching my car
Old 06-27-12, 02:29 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

I appreciate all the comments fellas and the few negative ones. I'm sure if the same thing happened to you damage or not you would be bothered by a random stranger putting their hands on your car. I don't have any problem with anyone admiring my car. That is far from what I am complaining about here. When you deck out your car getting attention unwanted or not it comes with the territory. This guy was a fellow 2IS owner and obviously was a car enthusiast as well. Bottom line is he had no respect and should have known better. I wasn't mad about the issue. Just disgusted with people that have no respect for others like that.
Old 06-27-12, 02:43 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I'm the 1% ....tbh and real i hate other Asian drivers with their crazy big oddesseys and siennas, those dam Fobs don't give a fk man when you look at their back bumpers you see a ****ing world world 2 just saying...
Old 06-27-12, 04:16 PM
halfnyce07
Driver

Dude I completely agree, my girlfriend hates the 4 mile hike to the store because I REFUSE to park next to people.
Old 06-27-12, 04:37 PM
col250
Driver School Candidate

My job has a parking garage and I park my is250 in the third floor in the corner to keep it away from bad drivers and the sun lol
Old 06-27-12, 06:13 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You sound like you live in the 626! Cuz that's my life man
Old 06-27-12, 06:51 PM
kams229
Pole Position

Instead of parking far away I will usually try my hardest to to get one of the first spots and park as close to the curb as I possible can
Old 06-27-12, 07:27 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

man.im Asian and im FOB so what?i drive nice car and where i work in plaza next to laundry store and market.people in and out like crazy.one in a while i get scratches here and there on my door.i bought my car brand new too and over 10k to upgrade.who im gonna pissed?white or black people?dont said you hate asian people.anytime i see nice car i just look and think what mod im gonna do to my car.i dont like people touch my car either.i aint complain or anything.i never park my car away either.im lazy and i dont want walk to my shop.i will get my car detailing one in a while to remove all the scratches.you gotta paid and play.anyway Im Vietnamese.
Old 06-27-12, 07:38 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You gotta understand most asian drivers are pretty careless about their cars. Take it from me, my family believes that the car is to get them from point A to point B and that's it. They have a saying in chinese which translates to "The car serves you, not the other way around." So yes, they do not care about door dings and if they ding someone elses door. I've witnessed more than 10 people ding my door, and what do they do? Just apologize and walk away. There's nothing I can do, but to prevent this from happening, I simply park much further away.
Yes, I am Asian too but guess what, I admit it that asians are pretty crappy drivers. Especially those who drive big trucks and not know their distance! It's not racist to pick on your own race xD but it only takes so much for someone to realize it's true. They're not saying you're bad at driving, they're saying there are a lot of asians that are bad at driving.

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons