IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 07:53 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes .you are right.my dad told me its just a car.when he telling me that.i was driving honda.now im driving lexus.if he tell me its just a car and i dont need worry too much.i know he just want make me feel better thats all..i do care about my care.i think people careless when they dont drive nice car.That why they dont care if they ding your door or anybody ding their door.im not saying about asian or american .just who dont drive a nice car

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
You gotta understand most asian drivers are pretty careless about their cars. Take it from me, my family believes that the car is to get them from point A to point B and that's it. They have a saying in chinese which translates to "The car serves you, not the other way around." So yes, they do not care about door dings and if they ding someone elses door. I've witnessed more than 10 people ding my door, and what do they do? Just apologize and walk away. There's nothing I can do, but to prevent this from happening, I simply park much further away.
Yes, I am Asian too but guess what, I admit it that asians are pretty crappy drivers. Especially those who drive big trucks and not know their distance! It's not racist to pick on your own race xD but it only takes so much for someone to realize it's true. They're not saying you're bad at driving, they're saying there are a lot of asians that are bad at driving.
Old 06-27-12, 08:40 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

These are a few examples of how I park

Ill admit this one is a bit extreme

You know what PISSES ME OFF? WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS

Last edited by bob4256; 06-28-12 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-27-12, 08:51 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
These are a few example of how I park

Ill admit this one is a bit extreme

You know what PISSES ME OFF? WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS TO ME

lololololololololol
Old 06-27-12, 08:54 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lMAO AT THOSE PICS
Old 06-27-12, 09:14 PM
Stevonz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO @ pics i thought i was the only one
Old 06-27-12, 09:44 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Despite my comment, how did this person's rant become 5-6 pgs? But most importantly, how the hell did this rant become a racial subject against Asians?

Ffs a ding or dent on your car has absolutely nothing to do with race. I have 5 dings on my car 3 of which I happened to witness. 1 was from an east Indian , 2nd & 3rd was from a Caucasian in a Walmart parking lot. You think i'm going around ranting about white people who shop at Walmart? You guys make absolutely no sense. This shi*t happens due to a lack of courtesy and respect for other people's property. Enough with the Asian rant...it's played out.

my .02 on why some people cant drive in North America is because they lack the appropriate driver training. Perhaps the majority are of Asian descent because there is a language barrier or someone's allowed them to cut corners to receive their driver's license at a cost. Blame the system..in other words "don't hate the player, hate the game."

Last edited by SILVRLININ; 06-27-12 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-27-12, 09:46 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^^ well said
Old 06-27-12, 09:48 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
Despite my comment, how did this person's rant become 5-6 pgs? But most importantly, how the hell did this rant become a racial subject against Asians?

Ffs a ding or dent on your car has absolutely nothing to do with race. I have 5 dings in my car 3 of which I witnessed happen. 1 was from an east indian , 2nd & 3rd was from a Caucasian in a Walmart parking lot. You think i'm going around ranting about white people who shop at Walmart? You guys make absolutely no sense. This shi*t happens due to a lack of courtesy and respect for other people's property. Enough with the Asian rant...it's played out.

my .02 on why some people cant drive in North America is because they lack the appropriate driver training. Perhaps the majority are of Asian descent because there is a language barrier or someone's allowed them to cut corners to receive their driver's license at a cost. Blame the system..in other words "don't hate the player, hate the game."
I really have no clue how this turned into a racial debate. The issue at hand was lack of respect between car enthusiasts.
Old 06-27-12, 09:49 PM
lilcoop2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO @Bob4256, OP, and others here! Hey CL - It's my first post, as I only recently purchased a 2007 2IS. I love my car and OP caught my attention with this thread because I go out of my way to park in B.F.E. myself. Just like others here, I get annoyed when somebody goes out of their way to park next to me, touches my windows, paint, etc. Don't they "get it?" lol - I know it's a parking lot and I can't claim a spot, but I just want my baby to be safe - is that too much to ask???
Old 06-27-12, 09:54 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lilcoop2
LMAO @Bob4256, OP, and others here! Hey CL - It's my first post, as I only recently purchased a 2007 2IS. I love my car and OP caught my attention with this thread because I go out of my way to park in B.F.E. myself. Just like others here, I get annoyed when somebody goes out of their way to park next to me, touches my windows, paint, etc. Don't they "get it?" lol - I know it's a parking lot and I can't claim a spot, but I just want my baby to be safe - is that too much to ask???
congrats on your purchase and welcome to CL. Hopefully if another 2IS member spots your car in a parking lot has more respect for you than they did for me. BTW the black hand print was on my door not my windows lol I would have preferred it to be on the window vs my car considering I had just washed and waxed it not to mention that my car is white. But I took care of it immediately right after I saw it out of reflex with soap and water plus instant detailer.
Old 06-27-12, 09:54 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
These are a few example of how I park

Thats what i did once at school and i got a ticket
Old 06-27-12, 10:03 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Heres a 2IS owner that doesn't care about their car apparently

Old 06-27-12, 10:07 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

^^ well, that door on the TC aint gonna open, unless they wanna do it on purpose
Old 06-28-12, 12:18 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

LMAO @ Those isolated 2IS pictures. Poor 2IS in it's emo corner isolated away from all the other cars as if they were infected by cooties. :P
Old 06-28-12, 05:34 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
I really have no clue how this turned into a racial debate. The issue at hand was lack of respect between car enthusiasts.
What did B.F.E. stand for again?

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons