IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

front end collision....*cries*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-12, 09:37 AM
raw10one
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end collision....*cries*

Had the car nice and prepped for wheels and meals, haven't had the wheels on for more than a week then this happens.

I was just minding my own damn business trying to make it to the gym, since my car is low on coils I drive at a more than safe speed. As I proceeded to head south towards the freeway (2 lights away from my house) some idiot decided to speed up and run the left turning lane on the opposite side of the street...I was just by myself and didn't get hurt that badly (thank god) the other negligent driver had a full car and decided to run after hitting my car. The authorities found the vehicle but no one to claim it, at the current neighborhood I live in I wouldn't doubt that it was an unregistered/stolen vehicle.I had the car towed to my garage since I've heard horror stories of AAA putting peoples cars in their lots and not allowing to let them take parts after the car is deemed salvaged. I am now currently uber depressed atm waiting for my claims adjuster to come and tell me the future of my car....
Old 07-03-12, 09:42 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, at least your ok! Keep us updated, good luck
Old 07-03-12, 10:06 AM
GiGAS
Rookie

damn that blows.. but hey, if its considered totaled you can get a new car (never dealt with insurance so i dont know if they will even give you enough $ for a new car).
Old 07-03-12, 10:14 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is off-topic. But do you have like Lamin-x tint film on your headlights and tail lights?
Old 07-03-12, 10:19 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

sux man!!!!!!!!! nice car to happen too.......
Old 07-03-12, 10:39 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

sorry to see that happen to you, hope the insurance would total the car, if it is not it is time to upgrade to 2011 f-sport front end conversion
Old 07-03-12, 10:40 AM
DVIOUS350
Driver School Candidate

Look on the bright side. U can get a makeover now, even better if insurance covers it. I'm always looking for a reason to do a makeover hope everything works out.
Old 07-03-12, 10:59 AM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to see that man. Hope everything gets resolved in the end.
Old 07-03-12, 11:09 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That looks pretty bad with the driver side fender being pushed out like that. I hope they total that and you can get yourself a nice car...

Glad to hear you are ok.
Old 07-03-12, 11:22 AM
raw10one
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
I know this is off-topic. But do you have like Lamin-x tint film on your headlights and tail lights?
the rear tails yes, as for the front headlights i would never tint them, only painted the chrome part of the housing.

thanks everyone for the kind words, I was planning on getting the '12 conversion but i'm still not sure on how much damage is done mechanically speaking. I'm torn even though i havn't even talked to AAA today yet. I want to fix it so badly but I don't want to have little problems down the road if I do get it fixed. I do have full coverage on this car so i'm sure that something positive might come out of all this, just unsure on what to do. Any opinions? personal exp. anyone would like to share on what I should do next?
Old 07-03-12, 11:24 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn!! Glad to see you made it out ok, always sucks to see someone's car looking like that Hopefully you get it all taken care of by insurance so you can move on. I'm sure the other car was stolen or was a bunch of joy riding teenagers that didn't want to take responsibility. Hopefully they find the driver that hit you!
Old 07-03-12, 11:26 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear the news. I feel for you. Glad you were ok and able to walk away from the accident without any serious injuries.

There are negligent drivers everywhere, its amazing how people can pay so little attention when driving a motor vehicle. Even worse when there is a negligent driver who is not insured.

Hopefully everything works out in the end and insurance is able to get your IS up and running again soon. If not the IS then $$$ for a newer car. Good luck.
Old 07-03-12, 11:30 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

sad dude. Hope she gets well soon.
Old 07-03-12, 11:35 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raw10one
the rear tails yes, as for the front headlights i would never tint them, only painted the chrome part of the housing.

thanks everyone for the kind words, I was planning on getting the '12 conversion but i'm still not sure on how much damage is done mechanically speaking. I'm torn even though i havn't even talked to AAA today yet. I want to fix it so badly but I don't want to have little problems down the road if I do get it fixed. I do have full coverage on this car so i'm sure that something positive might come out of all this, just unsure on what to do. Any opinions? personal exp. anyone would like to share on what I should do next?
Well you'll have to see what your claims agent says. If the car isn't totalled, make sure you take it to a good body shop. There are a few Lexus Certified Collision Centers around CA and some really good independent body shops too. Probably better off dealing with a good independent shop if you wanna do the conversion. If you let us know where you're located i'm sure you can get recommendations for a good body shop near you.

From what I hear though, if you think there's a good chance it might be totaled just know you won't be able to remove any parts from the car after insurance has come and looked it over. I'm not 100% sure if you aren't allowed to remove parts right now or not, but I know for sure after insurance has come and looked it over, it's illegal to remove any parts.
Old 07-03-12, 11:45 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Well you'll have to see what your claims agent says. If the car isn't totalled, make sure you take it to a good body shop. There are a few Lexus Certified Collision Centers around CA and some really good independent body shops too. Probably better off dealing with a good independent shop if you wanna do the conversion. If you let us know where you're located i'm sure you can get recommendations for a good body shop near you.

From what I hear though, if you think there's a good chance it might be totaled just know you won't be able to remove any parts from the car after insurance has come and looked it over. I'm not 100% sure if you aren't allowed to remove parts right now or not, but I know for sure after insurance has come and looked it over, it's illegal to remove any parts.
Once the insurance company has looked at the car and deemed it totaled you can remove things that are noticeable as they will just send a tow truck to pick the car up. I recently did this with my father in-laws extra that he totaled. I had a friend of mine that had the same exact truck and we switched out his wheels, seats, taillights and removed the running boards and roof rack.

Take it this will not apply if you have the vehicle at a tow yard.

Last edited by B16da9; 07-03-12 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: front end collision....*cries*