IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

RIP IS250 / My Little Story / Drive Safely!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-12, 11:34 AM
DVIOUS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeeze, reminded of when my ex rolled my civic and totaled it. Thnx for the story. Happy 4th.
Old 07-04-12, 12:34 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now there's an excuse for that is350!

jokes aside, hope your back and neck pains get better and do treat it well because they CAN become permanent if not treated regularly
Old 07-04-12, 12:56 PM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by reyoasian
now there's an excuse for that is350!

jokes aside, hope your back and neck pains get better and do treat it well because they CAN become permanent if not treated regularly
Yeah, the chiro we went To treated us for about 3-4 months but I think the injuries I received are long term / permanent
Old 07-04-12, 01:00 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Ouch! Glad you came out okay. Looks like a horrible accident.
Old 07-04-12, 04:36 PM
es808
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you're both ok. Looks like you would have been severely injured if you were t-boned. And I hope your back gets back to 100%.

I've been in 2 accidents where I was rear ended. I had lots of stiffness and pain from both of them and my back has never been back to normal.

At least you can get a nice car again. And that driver certainly shouldn't be driving again. But we all know that he will be....I just hope he doesn't injure or kill anyone.
Old 07-04-12, 07:29 PM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by es808
Glad you're both ok. Looks like you would have been severely injured if you were t-boned. And I hope your back gets back to 100%.

I've been in 2 accidents where I was rear ended. I had lots of stiffness and pain from both of them and my back has never been back to normal.

At least you can get a nice car again. And that driver certainly shouldn't be driving again. But we all know that he will be....I just hope he doesn't injure or kill anyone.

Thanks, I have alot of stiffness as well. It's hard for me to stand for prolonged periods of time. I also can't lift heavy things anymore or else my back will be in pain.

I wish he wasn't back out on the streets either. Just wish others don't go through the same thing
Old 07-04-12, 08:03 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

sorry for your lost but he did his job when he saved your life and your GF's
Old 07-04-12, 08:39 PM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vicsis250
I'm a bit confused with what you said lol. Can you re-word or explain it to me?
Old 07-05-12, 12:40 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by vicsis250
lmao I'm confused about this as well
Old 07-05-12, 10:05 AM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
lmao I'm confused about this as well
It doesnt make sense to me lol, i tried thinking of every possible explanation but no idea still...
Old 07-05-12, 10:14 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

lol, I think he meant the car did its job.

It's accidents like these that reminds me of that stupid phrase it takes 2 to make an accident. Nope, just reckless driver.
Old 07-05-12, 10:47 AM
Sideman7
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I have to say reading this give me a tinge of deja vu... I went through this almost exact scenario a little over six weeks ago now... Oncoming pickup decides to make a left hand turn right in front of us... I barely had time to hit the brakes... End result, my 8 month old STi is totaled, I end up with a concussion, screwed up neck/back, my girlfriend broke her finger and has back problems, my parents ended up nice and bruised... The guy who caused the accident, who was cited twice, has minimal insurance (he might as well had none). Fortunately, here in Nevada under insured coverage is required since so many people don't have insurance.

I am beginning to wonder if my neck will eventually sort itself out... I'm getting tired of the doctors visits... And despite chiro treatment and physical therapy, nothing has really changed...

The only shining point so far has been that my insurance had me in a new car in less than a week... I got a certified IS350 (loaded) with 9k miles for less than what my Subaru cost!

RIP:
Old 07-05-12, 04:58 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Here in socal, there's so many people driving around without insurance or without a proper license. When they do get pull over, their $500 car is impound, but they just end up getting another one and continue to drive recklessly.
Old 07-05-12, 05:42 PM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sideman7
Wow, I have to say reading this give me a tinge of deja vu... I went through this almost exact scenario a little over six weeks ago now... Oncoming pickup decides to make a left hand turn right in front of us... I barely had time to hit the brakes... End result, my 8 month old STi is totaled, I end up with a concussion, screwed up neck/back, my girlfriend broke her finger and has back problems, my parents ended up nice and bruised... The guy who caused the accident, who was cited twice, has minimal insurance (he might as well had none). Fortunately, here in Nevada under insured coverage is required since so many people don't have insurance.

I am beginning to wonder if my neck will eventually sort itself out... I'm getting tired of the doctors visits... And despite chiro treatment and physical therapy, nothing has really changed...

The only shining point so far has been that my insurance had me in a new car in less than a week... I got a certified IS350 (loaded) with 9k miles for less than what my Subaru cost!

RIP:
Ouch man really sorry to hear, but glad everyone came out alive, and you did get an IS out of it! But to this day my neck still hurts, I don't think it will every be how it was before
Old 07-05-12, 05:43 PM
Brian123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Here in socal, there's so many people driving around without insurance or without a proper license. When they do get pull over, their $500 car is impound, but they just end up getting another one and continue to drive recklessly.

+1! I don't think there's anything we can do about It either ):

Quick Reply: RIP IS250 / My Little Story / Drive Safely!