IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Southern CA pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-12, 09:36 PM
Steve
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern CA pricing

Hey guys, I haven't been on this forum for the longest time and I have a simple question on pricing for the 2012 250's. What discounts are people getting these days in Southern CA? Where can I get the actual invoicing pricing on these cars? KBB and Yahoo has different invoice pricing. I already did the searches but didn't find an answer so please put the bashing on hold. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-12, 09:44 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Check out Edmunds.com for invoice pricing. They should also have a section in there under "Town Center" where you can see what others in SoCal have recently paid. Either way, you should be able to pick one up for well under invoice. The 2IS is a lame duck and yesterday's news, so the incentives are rich. Also, you will get a better price if you email all your local dealerships with your needs and wants. Make them work against each other, and the price goes down fast.
Old 07-03-12, 09:56 PM
Steve
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I actually already checked Edmunds but they don't have updated information. I am hearing 1500-1800 below invoice and was wondering if that is a good price? What I'm trying to get is the actual invoice pricing but all the sites have different invoice pricing so I don't know which one to go with. I've purchased a few other brands and have not bumped into this problem.
Old 07-03-12, 10:27 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought a quote from carsdirect website and I ask the salesperson if they can beat the price stated.

Carsdirect will give you an instant price quote of the car that you wish to purchase including all the added options and accessories you have selected. It also shows you a graph of how much people have paid for the same car in your geographical area.
Old 07-03-12, 10:58 PM
Steve
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZeroSeVen
I brought a quote from carsdirect website and I ask the salesperson if they can beat the price stated.

Carsdirect will give you an instant price quote of the car that you wish to purchase including all the added options and accessories you have selected. It also shows you a graph of how much people have paid for the same car in your geographical area.
I totally forgot about carsdirect. Thanks. It's kind of weird that all the sites have different base msrp pricing for this car. The dealer even has a different base price than the website. I've purchased other cars before recently and haven't seen this issue. I think Lexus increased the base price and these other sites are late or forgot to update.
Old 07-04-12, 11:35 AM
starknight
Lead Lap

purchasing a car is all about a numbers game. cardirect is really helpful, I've purchased 5 cars through them. Good luck!
Old 07-04-12, 03:52 PM
Steve
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by starknight
purchasing a car is all about a numbers game. cardirect is really helpful, I've purchased 5 cars through them. Good luck!
I've never dealt directly with carsdirect but I've used them for research. These days, dealers are giving better pricing anyways so I like buying direct from them. Seems like the perks are better when you purchase it directly from the dealer you tend to service with. This car is not for me since I've already got my toys. It's a buyer's market so I'm trying to get the best deal possible for a family member.
Old 07-04-12, 03:54 PM
Steve
Driver School Candidate

On another note, it seems like yahoo motors had the right invoice price. It matched up with the invoice price the dealer was going off of.
Old 07-04-12, 04:17 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Steve
On another note, it seems like yahoo motors had the right invoice price. It matched up with the invoice price the dealer was going off of.
yahoo.com partnered up with truecar.com which is another site like carsdirect