IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wolfgang Car Products is THE TRUTH!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-12, 08:15 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ While I know that RDIS250AWD will once again ask me to leave his thread, both gyung and reyoasian have very sound advice (that is for anyone else who may be reading this thread and getting information).
Old 07-05-12, 09:41 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
I don't mean to be rude or chime in on the "discussion" but:

1. In order for any wax to act on its full potential, car must be PROPERLY prepped

2. This prep CAN include polishing if you want to "remove" swirls by using proper polishes/compounds that are abrasive and cut into the clearcoat (not something you let sit, and then "fill" in the swirls temporarily). WG TSR 3.0 is a real "abrasive compound" which you need a proper pad and "speed" to break down your clearcoat to REMOVE scratches.....if you want something to sit, try Autoglym Super Resin Polish...it's full of fillers, which you can let it just sit for 10 minutes and then it will temporarily hide/cover light swirls for a few weeks tops

3. Before polishing, car MUST be clayed by remove contaminates that simply washing cannot remove.......even if you don't plan on polishing, this is still recommended about 2x a year (or 1x every 3-4 months) so the wax can be applied on a CLEAN surface

So, yes claying is indeed NECESSARY before waxing
You probably knows a lot of what I just said but I'm just trying to discuss from an unbiased side in which I think in THIS post specifically, karasha didn't do anything wrong and was giving you valuable advice.

My car was actually recleared just last month. It is garaged kept and I have a 5 minute drive to work everyday and 10 minutes to the gym. I havent really done too much highway driving since either so I definitely felt no need to clay bar the car. Once again I was not attacking Karasha, just the simple fact that we had already gotten into it on another topic before and seeing how she is on this forum she was just someone I preferred to not deal with thats all. I was not knocking her advice, but once again this was my thread to share what I had spent my day doing, not a DIY or How to detail your car thread. Those threads can be found in the special interest section.I Everyone has their own way of doing things with their cars. And you arent being rude I understand. I just have a habit of staying clear of people that like to go around criticizing or thinking they know everything. Maybe she does maybe she doesnt but from the previous argument I got into with her and seeing the posts that she had mad in other threads at that time just kinda rubbed me wrong on the type of person she is. But thats the last I will touch on this issue and yes Karasaha I did ask you many times already to exit the thread nicely so please do.