IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-12, 08:14 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ldc
Cool by next week end hopefully we can all see atleast a dozen photos detailing the unit. You are the man!

Can you give us the link to the unit you bought?
If they ship the unit out Tuesday it will take 5 business days to arrive therefore, I should have it by the following Tuesday.

here is the link

http://lsqbusiness.en.alibaba.com/pr...PIP_7INCH.html
Old 07-27-12, 09:31 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What backup camera do you recommend with this unit?
Old 07-27-12, 10:37 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Hmm I notice the CPU and OS isn't the fastest and latest. Win CE 5.0 as appose to 6.0, I think the gui might not be as good.

Also what RAM is this, I would think it's 64Mb cos you'd want at least 128Mb.
Old 07-29-12, 09:15 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for everyones information, i had a long chat with sandy ( one of the sellers) there are a few things you might like to know of in advance before buying this.

1. the unit will only come with temp settings in celsius, and is not changeable to F (maby later with an update if possible)

2. the navigation software is built into the unit and uses igo 8 or 9 and is not changeable like the fly audio is. only maps may be changed via the sd card .

3. unit has 128mb of ram (not upgradeable) and uses 400mhz processor, supposedly the unit will read the usb files in 2 seconds (much faster than my fly audio).

4. unit does have a rear camera imput

5. there is a caller id displayed when incomming call from what i was told (fly audi does not have name displayed)

6. streaming bluetooth via A2dp, so she says.

most of the other stuff you know already, unit should plug and play with all 2006-2011 IS models except you will need to change the vents on 2006-2008 models to a 2009 and up vent. i personally think 1 of the harnesses will not fit ( but lets hope it does plug and play without mods)

i am decideing whether or not to buy this unit! the celsius is a disapointment but can be lived with and i would like to be able to change the nav software just like the fly audio i have.

so i think it is best to wait till someone puts up a video of the unit in action, and if someone does please show how fast the device loads a usb with video files and music (i hope its faster than the fly audio which takes a few minuits) and also if you can show us if caller id is displayed and most importantly if the unit sounds good! and works flawlessly. thanks
Old 07-29-12, 09:46 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

oh and, how can this unit only use 1 connector to plug into the car side? they only show 1 plug . the fly audio had at least 3 that i had to connect into the car side.
Old 07-29-12, 10:42 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Have the reseller got any demo unit there? Take some pics man and show us!!
Old 07-29-12, 10:47 PM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by linus73
for everyones information, i had a long chat with sandy ( one of the sellers) there are a few things you might like to know of in advance before buying this.

1. the unit will only come with temp settings in celsius, and is not changeable to F (maby later with an update if possible)

2. the navigation software is built into the unit and uses igo 8 or 9 and is not changeable like the fly audio is. only maps may be changed via the sd card .

3. unit has 128mb of ram (not upgradeable) and uses 400mhz processor, supposedly the unit will read the usb files in 2 seconds (much faster than my fly audio).

4. unit does have a rear camera imput

5. there is a caller id displayed when incomming call from what i was told (fly audi does not have name displayed)

6. streaming bluetooth via A2dp, so she says.

most of the other stuff you know already, unit should plug and play with all 2006-2011 IS models except you will need to change the vents on 2006-2008 models to a 2009 and up vent. i personally think 1 of the harnesses will not fit ( but lets hope it does plug and play without mods)

i am decideing whether or not to buy this unit! the celsius is a disapointment but can be lived with and i would like to be able to change the nav software just like the fly audio i have.

so i think it is best to wait till someone puts up a video of the unit in action, and if someone does please show how fast the device loads a usb with video files and music (i hope its faster than the fly audio which takes a few minuits) and also if you can show us if caller id is displayed and most importantly if the unit sounds good! and works flawlessly. thanks
Here is what I have experienced since owning this unit for at least 3 month.

Unit is only in Celsius, and I am still having issues getting used to it. I have been in contact with the seller I bought the unit from and they are working on an update for me to change this to Fahrenheit.

Navigation software can be changed, it is all loaded from the Micro SD card, I changed mine to IGO Primo 2.0 and it works so much better than IGO8.

My unit is 600 MHz and has 128mb memory, yes non upgradeable.

Yes the unit does have a rear view camera input.

Yes the caller ID works when someone is calling, but can be buggy at times, depending on how long your phone has been connected through Bluetooth. If you’re on a call and get in your car it won’t recognize it at the time.

Yes streaming through Bluetooth A2DP works, the only downfall with this working. The name of the song/artist or any information about what is playing is not displayed on the screen.

About a video, I will try to get something up so you can see more about this unit. I definitely think it was worth the purchase even though there are minor issues with it. Also, I am trying to remember when I was installing the unit on how many plugs the back of the unit has; all I know is every plug that I had connected to the unit lol.
Old 07-29-12, 10:51 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default pics

Originally Posted by ldc
Have the reseller got any demo unit there? Take some pics man and show us!!
the only pics i have , i got in an email, and they are the same as in the ad. i specifically asked for pictures of all of the harnesses that plug into the car side and pics of those plugs showing the pins. if the unit has only 1 connector that plugs into the car and that connector has 12 pins then it will not work in a 06-08 IS. i know this because a 06-08 non navigation plug has 14 pin connector. the chineese unit has a 12 pin from what i could barely see of it, thats why i asked for pics.if you are looking for pics of the unit look on the first page and click the link. if your looking for pics of the plugs then stay tuned! ill post when i get them,

Last edited by linus73; 07-29-12 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-30-12, 12:10 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

From what i read so far trhe FA and this unit is on par with one another interms of spec. I suppose if you have to get one, get the cheaper one.
Old 07-30-12, 07:08 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

get the cheaper one ? you should get the one that works better and the one that apeals to you and looks good in your car.im gonna have to se a video of one in action before i buy any.
Old 07-30-12, 07:14 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IamNate
Here is what I have experienced since owning this unit for at least 3 month.

Unit is only in Celsius, and I am still having issues getting used to it. I have been in contact with the seller I bought the unit from and they are working on an update for me to change this to Fahrenheit.

Navigation software can be changed, it is all loaded from the Micro SD card, I changed mine to IGO Primo 2.0 and it works so much better than IGO8.

My unit is 600 MHz and has 128mb memory, yes non upgradeable.

Yes the unit does have a rear view camera input.

Yes the caller ID works when someone is calling, but can be buggy at times, depending on how long your phone has been connected through Bluetooth. If you’re on a call and get in your car it won’t recognize it at the time.

Yes streaming through Bluetooth A2DP works, the only downfall with this working. The name of the song/artist or any information about what is playing is not displayed on the screen.

About a video, I will try to get something up so you can see more about this unit. I definitely think it was worth the purchase even though there are minor issues with it. Also, I am trying to remember when I was installing the unit on how many plugs the back of the unit has; all I know is every plug that I had connected to the unit lol.
thats good to know nav software can be changed! ( lady told me no, obviously thats not the case here). can you please load a movie on a usb (make sure its in xvid avi format and show us how fast that usb recognizes it and plays) also the caller id displays what information?
Old 07-30-12, 07:48 AM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by linus73
thats good to know nav software can be changed! ( lady told me no, obviously thats not the case here). can you please load a movie on a usb (make sure its in xvid avi format and show us how fast that usb recognizes it and plays) also the caller id displays what information?
Sandy is also the seller I spoke to last night at 11:00pm our time I was able to speak to her and she informed me that my unit will be shipped this thursday so that means I won't receive it untill late next week. Therefore, I wont have any vids or installation pictures SUCKS! Lol

Last edited by 07awdis250; 07-30-12 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-30-12, 08:23 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

sandy emailed me today, and she says the harness has 12 pin connector! i am 100% positive that a 2008 IS has a 14 pin connector, and may be wrong but i doubt it. i had to buy and make a 14 pin j54 connector to make the fly audio unit work and that is why i am so sure. best of luck to everyone! i decided to stay with the fly audio unit i have and also decided to buy a samsung galaxy note instead of the new radio since it most likely will not work in my 08 IS (which i just did on ebay).
Old 07-30-12, 08:48 PM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Alright guys, this vid clip is crappy but its all I had at the moment. If you have any questions or something else you would like me to get you let me know.

http://flic.kr/p/cGNELC
Old 07-30-12, 08:57 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IamNate
Alright guys, this vid clip is crappy but its all I had at the moment. If you have any questions or something else you would like me to get you let me know.

http://flic.kr/p/cGNELC
Th video is set to Private cant see it?

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer