IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 03:35 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
i was not trying to say to get the fly audio unit cause its better in any way, i was merely stating that i have the fly audio unit myself and i think it is a overpriced pos. i would easily have bought the china unit first if i had not already have had the FA unit. i did not pay anywhere near 1299 and, i paid lower, but no matter how much you paid the FA unit is worth no more than the china unit. it's obious here get the china unit because it works exactly same and will have same issues as the FA has had and still has, even if you pay 1200 or 480 they are still the same, just different displays. and if i had to do it all over again i would choose the cheaper one only because it is pretty much the same and is half of the cost. p.s im one of those people who is still complaining about mt FA unit! my mp3 files do not play via the mp3 player on the FA unit, screen switches on its own from radio to dvd and even to nav sometimes, im not happy about spending over 1000 dollars for the FA pos unit that should have $480 from the beginning like the china unit.
Wasn't talking to you man, I guess I should've quoted clt
Old 08-01-12, 04:57 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
Gentlemen please read the following from the FlyAudio.net site, I have copied it straight from the main site.

I just want to be clear this company is NOT the manufacture of FlyAudio's products, FlyAudio is not affiliated in any way with this company, their associates or products. As with many other companies like this all they do is create confusion within buying public
Look, no one is disputing what you believe as a reseller of the unit, but trying to convince us by spewing out copy and paste of bad grammar and spelling marketing material from their own site is not going to do it. Would I pay a premiun for the extra support? Off course I would, but, would it be 700 bucks, no way. I read FlyAudio's dealer statements and FAQ, basically, all you are getting from them is access to their secure shopping cart, marketing material and preferred pricing. I also looked at their installation instructions, and honestly, if that is a reflection of what I should expect for technical service, it is not worth paying a 700 or 115% premium.

The bottom line is that FlyAudio unit is now 1299 shipped, where as this unit, that looks and seems to operate exactly the same is around 600 all in. The laws of the marketplace will prevail here and you know very well what most enthousiasts (and this is an enthousiast's site) will go for. Either FlyAudio adjust pricing, steps up their game on demonstrating that they are commited to support by improving their online support infrastructure to justify the premium or they compete on price and local delivery only.

The way I see it, you as a dealer are taking on the most burden on the support, as even if FA deals with RMA, you know that end users will come to you first, and you can't really fluff them off to FA direct. I have to wonder what that margin is on your end to justify that premium, perhaps, the pricing of the AliBaba registered vendor is really accurate based on wholesale pricing.
Old 08-01-12, 05:18 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Look, no one is disputing what you believe as a reseller of the unit, but trying to convince us by spewing out copy and paste of bad grammar and spelling marketing material from their own site is not going to do it. Would I pay a premiun for the extra support? Off course I would, but, would it be 700 bucks, no way. I read FlyAudio's dealer statements and FAQ, basically, all you are getting from them is access to their secure shopping cart, marketing material and preferred pricing. I also looked at their installation instructions, and honestly, if that is a reflection of what I should expect for technical service, it is not worth paying a 700 or 115% premium.

The bottom line is that FlyAudio unit is now 1299 shipped, where as this unit, that looks and seems to operate exactly the same is around 600 all in. The laws of the marketplace will prevail here and you know very well what most enthousiasts (and this is an enthousiast's site) will go for. Either FlyAudio adjust pricing, steps up their game on demonstrating that they are commited to support by improving their online support infrastructure to justify the premium or they compete on price and local delivery only.

The way I see it, you as a dealer are taking on the most burden on the support, as even if FA deals with RMA, you know that end users will come to you first, and you can't really fluff them off to FA direct. I have to wonder what that margin is on your end to justify that premium, perhaps, the pricing of the AliBaba registered vendor is really accurate based on wholesale pricing.

You hit the nail right on the head, I wish this unit was available when I bought my Flyaudio as I sure would have snapped it up.

I would also like to add that all that copy pasted crap is just that a bunch of crap. Look at all the promises Flyaudio made when this unit was released and look at how many they've kept. Their solution was to release a second version with just as many bugs as the first with no chance of them ever bothering to upgrade the software.
Old 08-01-12, 07:18 AM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone receive their unit yet ? I payed mine last monday and still no tracking number at all.
I asked the seller 100x times if they had them instock Before I made the payment and they said yes, I don't understand why they haven't shipped it yet. If anyone has talked to their seller please chime in. Thank you

Last edited by 07awdis250; 08-01-12 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-01-12, 07:28 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FA unit

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
Wasn't talking to you man, I guess I should've quoted clt
ok, i misunderstood then.
Old 08-01-12, 07:31 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 07awdis250
Did anyone receive their unit yet ? I payed mine last monday and still no tracking number at all.
I asked the seller 100x times if they had them instock Before I made the payment and they said yes, I don't understand why they haven't shipped it yet. If anyone has talked to their seller please chime in. Thank you
it will probably take a few weeks to get due to its in china and has to go through customs and such. be patient it will come! i order stuff off ebay from china and i have always gotten my items, it just sometimes takes 3 weeks.
Old 08-01-12, 08:27 AM
07awdis250
Pole Position

it will probably take a few weeks to get due to its in china and has to go through customs and such. be patient it will come! i order stuff off ebay from china and i have always gotten my items, it just sometimes takes 3 weeks.

The seller uses DhL Express which only takes 3-5 business days (I've used this service before) , it's kind of the same service as Ups ground here in the states. Once the seller gives the merchandise to DHL it takes 3-5 days. The problem is that the seller has not shipped it out yet. I dont understand how they have something "instock" and take 7+ business days to ship it . I'm contacting paypal and getting my money back and try a different seller maybe I'll have better luck.
Old 08-01-12, 08:40 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

The seller uses DhL Express which only takes 3-5 business days (I've used this service before) , it's kind of the same service as Ups ground here in the states. Once the seller gives the merchandise to DHL it takes 3-5 days. The problem is that the seller has not shipped it out yet. I dont understand how they have something "instock" and take 7+ business days to ship it . I'm contacting paypal and getting my money back and try a different seller maybe I'll have better luck.
i would contact the seller and ask for a tracking # first, if they can not produce it or say why it has not shipped, then go through paypal for a refund stating that item not received or shipped within said time.
Old 08-01-12, 09:38 AM
penone
Driver

This is one of the reasons why some decided to go with CLT and pay a higher premium - you get the piece of mind knowing that your unit will show up. Is it worth paying over double the price? IMO - no. But for others it may be.

Someone posted earlier that they failed to understand why the FA unit was so expensive and the answer is because - prior to this thread being started - as far as we knew there was no other option besides going to Lexus themselves. If you are the only company that makes a product that someone wants you can pretty much charge whatever you like and vendors know this.Competition brings prices down. Hence why CLT has reduced their price by a few hundred dollars.
Old 08-01-12, 09:48 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by penone
This is one of the reasons why some decided to go with CLT and pay a higher premium - you get the piece of mind knowing that your unit will show up. Is it worth paying over double the price? IMO - no. But for others it may be.

Someone posted earlier that they failed to understand why the FA unit was so expensive and the answer is because - prior to this thread being started - as far as we knew there was no other option besides going to Lexus themselves. If you are the only company that makes a product that someone wants you can pretty much charge whatever you like and vendors know this.Competition brings prices down. Hence why CLT has reduced their price by a few hundred dollars.
if the price was even reduced to 800 dollars by FA themselves, it still couldnt justify why it does not work as intended, unless you consider freezing up and changing sources by itself to be as intended, it still is worth no more than the china unit is. at least thats how i see it.
Old 08-01-12, 10:10 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

So, let do some math... Assume it cost the company $100 to manufacture the unit, 100 for shipping... Man power..ect... Sale it wholesale to retailer for 300. Due to supply in demand and the Lexus brand... They sale it for 1999?????
Old 08-01-12, 10:54 AM
penone
Driver

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
So, let do some math... Assume it cost the company $100 to manufacture the unit, 100 for shipping... Man power..ect... Sale it wholesale to retailer for 300. Due to supply in demand and the Lexus brand... They sale it for 1999?????
Exactly!

And guess what - people PAID the $ 1999 for the unit.

The question shouldn't be why the retailer charged so much. The question should be why did the buyer PAY so much. If countless people did not pay this price the retailer would have no choice but to lower their price to what the market would pay or risk not making any money and actually losing. But since everyone kept on paying this price they had no incentive to lower their price - until now.

If these units end up working as well (or bad) as the FA units then retailers will have no choice but to continue lowering their prices or risk not making any money.
Old 08-01-12, 11:02 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

you will see FA prices drop to around $600 soon. because if the cheap china unit does exactly the same as the FA does, and both have issues still. guess what people will buy? at least the majority anyway, because some will rather support the vendors here (which is cool) but at a price of 1299 when it can be had for $480? hmmmm a real tough decision here. lol
Old 08-01-12, 11:12 AM
07awdis250
Pole Position

i would contact the seller and ask for a tracking # first, if they can not produce it or say why it has not shipped, then go through paypal for a refund stating that item not received or shipped within said time.

I already asked her for a tracking number and the shipping date, she told me "your unit will ship next day after the payment is received". However, 3 days later I managed to contact her again This time she said Friday, then she said Monday . I think they dont have the units in stock so they are trying to buy time while they get a few instock. I call bulls*** she needs to come clean and tell me the truth and stop holding people Money.
Old 08-01-12, 11:29 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

My guys was being straight with me and before i paid, he said that it wasn't in stock and that it will take up to 10 business day for them to recieve new shipment. Their estimated recieve date is next monday, after that they will ship it out which take about 3 business days till i will recieve it. I don't mind the wait because soon or later i will have one.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer