IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 03:59 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07awdis250
the china unit has a black cable which in one end connects to the back of the unit and the other end has all the ouputs look at the picture in the link below so you can see what i mean, there is no ouput in the back of the unit all are located at the end of the balck cable.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51...0_car_dvd.html
i know what u are saying, but you mentioned that your camera was plugged into an output . on my fly audio unit it had a yellow female rca connector labled " rear camera in" so my question is does your unit have a rear cam input rca or not, maby your unit has no dedicated input for the camera?
Old 08-20-12, 07:29 AM
rockopico
Rookie

So, how did the '09-'10 vents work out? did you even need them for sure?
Old 08-20-12, 08:10 AM
rockopico
Rookie

nate, did they ever provide a fix for the Fahrenheit issue with the climate controls?
Old 08-20-12, 09:04 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rockopico
nate, did they ever provide a fix for the Fahrenheit issue with the climate controls?
A new program would have to be written, I was told because of a small market in the U.S. they would not be providing me with a fix. So I have had to learn the Celsius side of things...
Old 08-20-12, 09:10 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IamNate
A new program would have to be written, I was told because of a small market in the U.S. they would not be providing me with a fix. So I have had to learn the Celsius side of things...
Here up North we already use Celcius. You can thank Reagan for not implementing the metric system in the US, agains ISO recommendations.
Old 08-20-12, 11:17 AM
penone
Driver

If I remember correctly the software is Windows CE. Any programmers out there care to try and hack the unit and fix the Celsius to Fahrenheit?
Old 08-20-12, 12:04 PM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Celcius wouldn't be a problem in my case.
I live in South Florida, but I'm originally from Brazil, and there we use the Metric System.

But I'm still a little afraid to order the chinese unit.

First, the Radio issue (radio stations are off by 3 to 4 mhz).
Second, the camera from 07awdis250 stopped working.

I talked to the seller over skype, and they did not show much confidence and knowledge about the unit.
Basic question regarding the Temperature, Bluetooth, Radio, couldn't be answered.
Besides the use of google translation (some of the stuff that they wrote did not make any sense)

I guess buying this unit means no support, no updates.

Almost "as is"
Old 08-20-12, 12:10 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bruch
Celcius wouldn't be a problem in my case.
I live in South Florida, but I'm originally from Brazil, and there we use the Metric System.

But I'm still a little afraid to order the chinese unit.

First, the Radio issue (radio stations are off by 3 to 4 mhz).
Second, the camera from 07awdis250 stopped working.

I talked to the seller over skype, and they did not show much confidence and knowledge about the unit.
Basic question regarding the Temperature, Bluetooth, Radio, couldn't be answered.
Besides the use of google translation (some of the stuff that they wrote did not make any sense)

Almost "as is"
I was in the same boat as you dude. I didnt feel comforatable buying this unit without any support, which is why I went ahead and got the FA unit. I hope this unit actually works in the long run for everybody
Old 08-20-12, 12:11 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruch
...I talked to the seller over skype, and they did not show much confidence and knowledge about the unit.

Almost "as is"
Almost the same as FlyAudio. Some dealers are better than others, but overall, FlyAudio themselves is no different with respect to bad spelling/grammar on their website and lack of updates/fixes (which this C/F issue is actually a FA issue if you read the posts carefully)
Old 08-20-12, 01:09 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by linus73
i know what u are saying, but you mentioned that your camera was plugged into an output . on my fly audio unit it had a yellow female rca connector labled " rear camera in" so my question is does your unit have a rear cam input rca or not, maby your unit has no dedicated input for the camera?
yes, it does have a female rca connetor labeled ccd which is used for the rear camera. The camera was working just fine, but it stopped working all of the sudden. The chineese sales rep said I need to use a CMOS camera instead of CCD.
Old 08-20-12, 03:03 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

I find it funny that you guys keep saying the C/F is an "issue" that needs to be "fixed". That implies that it's broken/defective/not functioning properly. It's working just fine though you just don't understand Celsius.
Old 08-20-12, 03:28 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already got used to celsius. if anyone gets this unit please do another review , I will keep in touch from afganistan yes I'm being deployed again hopefully this is my last tour .
Old 08-20-12, 04:10 PM
Touge
Pole Position

Anyone know of a cheap source for the 09+ center vent?
Old 08-20-12, 04:38 PM
penone
Driver

I already got used to celsius. if anyone gets this unit please do another review , I will keep in touch from afganistan yes I'm being deployed again hopefully this is my last tour .
Wow! Be safe over there and thank you for serving!
Old 08-20-12, 05:38 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

yes, it does have a female rca connetor labeled ccd which is used for the rear camera. The camera was working just fine, but it stopped working all of the sudden. The chineese sales rep said I need to use a CMOS camera instead of CCD.
i cant see how trying a different camera will solve the issue, a video signal is a video signal period. try plugging in a portable dvd with video out into that source where the cam was and see if you get an image to show up, and dont forget to give the reverse wire 12v

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer