IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-12, 08:17 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by alexcapone
Hey I'm interested in ordering and had a few questions for you. Is this for 2009+ model? Who did you order from? Does it come with the IGO Primo or IGO8 SD card? Did you purchase an external bluetooth mic? Did you purchase the backup camera?

I am wondering if I should buy the external bluetooth mic/backup camera from the seller based on the issues that people have discussed in the thread. Also, if you could post the link to the seller you purchased from that would be great. Thanks.
According to the seller, it's a 2009 model, but I haven't receive it, so I'm not completely sure. The total for me was $580 - $10 (free SD card with IGO Primo) for total of $570, which included shipping and paypal fee. This is without external mic or camera (the camera looks kinda big, so I'll look for a smaller one; the ext. mic I thought I could add later if I want). I got the $10 free SD card because I was saying if it's a good shopping experience, I'll recommend people from ClubLexus there :-) You could try to do the same to see if you can get the free SD card as well.

Of course, I haven't got the unit yet, so I can't recommend or not recommend the seller. Anyway, the link is here: http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...vd_player.html
Old 11-04-12, 08:30 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
According to the seller, it's a 2009 model, but I haven't receive it, so I'm not completely sure. The total for me was $580 - $10 (free SD card with IGO Primo) for total of $570, which included shipping and paypal fee. This is without external mic or camera (the camera looks kinda big, so I'll look for a smaller one; the ext. mic I thought I could add later if I want). I got the $10 free SD card because I was saying if it's a good shopping experience, I'll recommend people from ClubLexus there :-) You could try to do the same to see if you can get the free SD card as well.

Of course, I haven't got the unit yet, so I can't recommend or not recommend the seller. Anyway, the link is here: http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...vd_player.html
on the link its states its a 7 in screen. i thought the 09+ comes 8 in screen
Old 11-04-12, 08:56 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
on the link its states its a 7 in screen. i thought the 09+ comes 8 in screen
It does come with a 8" screen, I think they need to update the website as I was talking to one of the sellers they told me it's a 8" screen and not a 7".

I plan on purchasing the 09+ vents with this too but when I tried to look up the part number 55670-53020 , and showed me like 6 different ones, which one is the actually one that I would need anyone know??
Old 11-04-12, 09:27 PM
alexcapone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise

Thanks man..did he tell you when it's expected to arrive?
Old 11-04-12, 09:53 PM
Asher
Rookie

Originally Posted by TUNG
It does come with a 8" screen, I think they need to update the website as I was talking to one of the sellers they told me it's a 8" screen and not a 7".

I plan on purchasing the 09+ vents with this too but when I tried to look up the part number 55670-53020 , and showed me like 6 different ones, which one is the actually one that I would need anyone know??
All you need to do is buy the 09-10 air conditioner vents. Go to this site:
http://is.sewellparts.com/
Register and include your Club lexus user name - this will give you a nice discount.
Then buy this part - you can search for the part number below in the catalogue quick shop link at the bottom of the page.

REGISTER ASSEMBLY, INSTRUMENT PANEL, NO.3 BLACK, TRIM1#, 2# Part #: 5567053020C0 (In Stock)

The price should be 165$ + shipping.
Old 11-05-12, 12:01 PM
alexcapone
Driver School Candidate

I was doing a little research on roadrovers website and notice they rolled out navigation systems on the Android platform earlier this year.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/roa...ndroid-system/

Has anyone done any research to see if/when this will be available for the IS250 units? I am more than willing to wait for this to come out if they will have it available at some point.
Old 11-05-12, 04:44 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

I was doing a little research on roadrovers website and notice they rolled out navigation systems on the Android platform earlier this year.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/roa...ndroid-system/

Has anyone done any research to see if/when this will be available for the IS250 units? I am more than willing to wait for this to come out if they will have it available at some point.
After contacting Roadrover via Aliexpress.com and then from there by e-mail, the notorious Elaine He friended me on Facebook. I sent her a private message and this is the content of that discussion:

Me
Will you please develop a new Lexus IS head unit with Android or WM7 as its OS, better iPod functionality and more features?

Elaine He
hello Ted,
this is the newest lexus IS250. I donot know when Roadrover will make differetn OS.
You know,few factotry in China make this model,it still take time to improve .
If you like to get one for your car,pls send me email: sales2@bonroad.com,ok ?
Sometime I cannot enter facebook

I think this pretty much sums it up. I tried to give them feedback, but I guess she missed the point.
Old 11-05-12, 06:03 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

I plan on buying a rear camera online instead and have it installed later on but will I need to take apart the navigation to rewire? Or should I just get the navigation first and wait on the rear camera and install it all at once?
Old 11-05-12, 08:17 PM
Asher
Rookie

Default nav review

ok i got it instaled pretty much plug and play rear view cam need some work everthing works great i live in israel so metric sys is good for me as well as the radio station the air bag light dosnt seems to be on as well as the analog clock beside ,THUNG the color much perffect
sorry for the crappy pic if anyone need info pls ask
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-img_0529.jpg  
Old 11-05-12, 08:38 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Do you have some pics of how you attach the camera? Where do you route the wires and where do you tap the reverse light wire?

Thanks man..did he tell you when it's expected to arrive?
Not sure, I just emailed them and they said it was mailed yesterday and gave me a tracking number ... it's currently sitting at HK. It's by DHL and the website said 5 days I think.

Originally Posted by fitguy913
I tried to give them feedback, but I guess she missed the point.
You got a new friend, what more do you want?
Old 11-05-12, 08:40 PM
alexcapone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fitguy913
After contacting Roadrover via Aliexpress.com and then from there by e-mail, the notorious Elaine He friended me on Facebook. I sent her a private message and this is the content of that discussion:

Me
Will you please develop a new Lexus IS head unit with Android or WM7 as its OS, better iPod functionality and more features?

Elaine He
hello Ted,
this is the newest lexus IS250. I donot know when Roadrover will make differetn OS.
You know,few factotry in China make this model,it still take time to improve .
If you like to get one for your car,pls send me email: sales2@bonroad.com,ok ?
Sometime I cannot enter facebook

I think this pretty much sums it up. I tried to give them feedback, but I guess she missed the point.
Thanks. I'm in no rush to get this unit so I want to wait it out and see if this comes out in an Android platform. I am betting that it eventually will since the 09-12 models are the same. Who knows, since Android is a trusted OS it might not have the bugs that we are seeing with the existing units.
Old 11-05-12, 09:13 PM
Asher
Rookie

Default airbaglight help

does anybody know how to fix the airbag light to come on
Old 11-05-12, 09:15 PM
Asher
Rookie

sorry no pic but you wire it from the trunk to the front behind the seat and t the side panel allthe way to the glove box
Old 11-06-12, 10:25 AM
alexcapone
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I'm in no rush to get this unit so I want to wait it out and see if this comes out in an Android platform. I am betting that it eventually will since the 09-12 models are the same. Who knows, since Android is a trusted OS it might not have the bugs that we are seeing with the existing units.
Sorry I am not tech savy so forgive me if I am telling you what you already know. I did some more research and the android OS navigation systems that Roadrover will roll out will have MirrorLink technology. This is still a relatively new technology so it will take time for it to be available for all make/models. I believe it will support Android 4.0+ phones. If you want to read more about MirrorLink check it out here:

http://www.techradar.com/news/car-te...orlink-1090628

I emailed roadrover about whether this will eventually be available for IS250 but have not gotten a response yet. From a UI perspective alone this would definitely be worth the wait IMO. But again, one can only hope at this point.
Old 11-06-12, 01:36 PM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Default Proper fitment

I just spent about a half hour reading through all these posts.... from what I can see no one has posted a picture in the daylight of a proper fitment... the air vents seem to be a problem... If anyone has a picture of the proper OEM look fitment please post a picture.. thanks

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer